***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

I do think Rangers have come off the boil in the last 6/7 weeks with a string of single goal winning margins.

We can thank the defense for making low scoring games still produces 3 points.

I think there is still an element of the post-Christmas drop off we saw in the previous two seasons but only up front.

Anyway, it won't stop 55 but Gerrard needs to look at the goal creation issue. 

No surprise - they’ve put a lot into working themselves into the position where we find ourselves, but this isn’t a bunch of players who are used to sustaining this workload.

Difference to the last couple of seasons is that there has been some adaptation, meaning we’re now winning when we were drawing in the previous years & drawing when we previously would be losing.

Factor in there may be a bit of nerves kicking in as we near the finishing line.

Good (& important) to get a win today after last weeks stumble & great to see a goal fit to win any match.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

No surprise - they’ve put a lot into working themselves into the position where we find ourselves, but this isn’t a bunch of players who are used to sustaining this workload.

Difference to the last couple of seasons is that there has been some adaptation, meaning we’re now winning when we were drawing in the previous years & drawing when we previously would be losing.

Factor in there may be a bit of nerves kicking in as we near the finishing line.

Good (& important) to get a win today after last weeks stumble & great to see a goal fit to win any match.

Yes, we need to look at the season as a whole, but 12 goals in 7 games - 5 of those in one game - feels like a goal famine.

11 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Yes, we need to look at the season as a whole, but 12 goals in 7 games - 5 of those in one game - feels like a goal famine.

I know just what you mean mate.

Hopefully a couple more wins & we can think about crossing the finishing line in style.

9 hours ago, qwerty said:

Seems to be a fair amount of animosity on the forum at the minute,  today was mental,

I put it down to 9 years of absolute fucking torture to this day from 14/02/12 and the anxiety that it brings. We’re close, so close to ramming it down timmy’s throat and hopefully wee buff does the damage to clinch it at the knew camp!! 

Were all bears and we don’t agree on everything but I’m sure we will agree that #55 will be the sweetest victory yet🇬🇧🇬🇧

Considering that neither Roofe or Morelos could play I thought that was a very comfortable victory. Well as comfortable as 1-0 gets.

We dominated the game and restricted Killie to 2 shots in the 90 mins (none on target). I will take 4 more wins like that. 14 wins from 14 games at home to date. Title winners form.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Considering that neither Roofe or Morelos could play I thought that was a very comfortable victory. Well as comfortable as 1-0 gets.

We dominated the game and restricted Killie to 2 shots in the 90 mins (none on target). I will take 4 more wins like that. 14 wins from 14 games at home to date. Title winners form.

Spot on.....I hate a 1 goal lead but did anyone think we were going to drop points 🤔 

What a difference a week makes.

Huge 3 points that today.

Hamilton game well and truly out the system and book closed on it.

(I Hope Hamilton stay up btw)

Onto Thursday now and I hope the players just give it their best shot, and no injuries for the game a week today. Morelos back, was great to see Arfield back aswell today.

Nearly a full team now.

Did all our players come through unscathed yesterday? 

Archived