Club1872 & New RFC Share Issue

Ace

Club 1872 is now in a position to update members and the wider support on our plan to provide funding to RIFC in the first half of 2021. Following discussions with the RIFC Board we can now confirm that a share issue will take place and that Club 1872 has been formally invited to participate at a pro rata level significantly higher than our current shareholding.

Our aim, which has been agreed by the RIFC Board, is to provide up to £2.5m pounds to RIFC in return for shares at a price of 20p per share. If we are able to raise these funds, this will significantly raise our percentage shareholding in Rangers. It will also provide a much needed cash injection to Rangers following the impact of Covid on club revenues over the past season. We have until June 2021 to raise these funds and RIFC have asked us to provide a first tranche to the club in March. It will only be possible for us to provide this level of funding to Rangers if thousands of additional supporters now join Club 1872 over the coming days, weeks and months.

We know that our loyal supporters have already dug deep financially this season through season ticket payments, merchandise and other initiatives. We also appreciate the difficult economic circumstances for many people during this pandemic. However, this is a huge opportunity not just to provide important funds to the club but also to ensure that supporters can protect Rangers forever from a repeat of the events of 2012. The only way to do that is to ensure that the supporters hold a significant shareholding in the club.

Dave King has agreed to postpone his share purchase agreement with us until after these funds have been provided to RIFC. This agreement will resume after June 2021 but we thank him again for his flexibility and for putting Rangers Football Club  first, as always.

Club 1872 is presenting this opportunity to the support in the hope that tens of thousands of supporters will now answer the call. Club 1872 is the only way for supporters to participate in this share issue. We are asking supporters to join Club 1872, through our legacy initiative or through one of our standard donation options, with the clarity that all of the share funds we raise between now and June 2021 will go direct to Rangers. This is the single best way for supporters to contribute to the future success of Rangers and the funds are required by the club.

https://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-confirms-2-5m-rangers-share-issue-target/

10 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Happy to help the club but not via Club 1872 :hmmm:

This, if there is another vehicle for small private investors in this offering I would certainly consider that. I will not be giving C1872 any of my money.

31 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This doesn't seem to make any sense:

"Club 1872 has been formally invited to participate at a pro rata level significantly higher than our current shareholding"

I think the share issue is only open to current shareholders and the can only buy up to a certain number based on their current share number. However,  Club 1872 are allowed to purchase a higher level pro rata. I think.

Outside of buying merchandise sold by Castore (who will take a portion) or other goods/products that are sold directly by the club i.e. match programs then there is no other meaningful way of helping the club ... if you are able.

If you subscribe to C1872 you will, indirectly be a part owner of the club but, most importantly, you will be giving cash directly to the club (remember everyone complained about that!!).

C1872 isn't about owning the club outright, its about 25% + 1 share which gives THE FANS the power to prevent another CW or Sports Direct (Mike Ashley) happening again.

There is a vocal minority on here that don't like C1872 for reason fair & foul, there has been some stumbles along the way, some pretty big ones i might add which I've complain about too however I've met with the current board many times and they are nothing but passionate for our club and their efforts to make this endeavor a success is commendable, even in light of the constant friendly fire aimed at them personally.

7 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

I'd have no problem, in fact, I'd be delighted to purchase shares again from the club if new ones were released. I would never go via Club 1872 as the shares would never be mine and tbh, I find trusting Club 1872 a tad difficult, just my opinion.

I can understand that but the board has stated, many times now, that there won't be a publicly available issue so any shares you want will have to be bought from a pvt owner, very much as C1872 proposed regards DK shares.

I'm not here to criticise folk for not being able to help, it's a worldwide pandemic with a huge economic on all of us but if you can & if you would but have suspicions or questiond, I would ask you maybe speak with C1872 directly and see if they can assuage your fears or worries, nothing ventured .. nothing gained 

5 hours ago, Ace said:

Our aim, which has been agreed by the RIFC Board, is to provide up to £2.5m pounds to RIFC in return for shares at a price of 20p per share. It will only be possible for us to provide this level of funding to Rangers if thousands of additional supporters now join Club 1872 over the coming days, weeks and months.

Dave King has agreed to postpone his share purchase agreement with us until after these funds have been provided to RIFC. This agreement will resume after June 2021 but we thank him again for his flexibility and for putting Rangers Football Club  first, as always.

Here's a question - how the fuck are they expected to raise £20 million for Dave King if they need thousands of additional support to raise £2m.  Pie in the sky stuff.

And another thing - surely our shares are worth a lot more than 20p now

17 minutes ago, raging blue 1972 said:

Here's a question - how the fuck are they expected to raise £20 million for Dave King if they need thousands of additional support to raise £2m.  Pie in the sky stuff.

And another thing - surely our shares are worth a lot more than 20p now

Well, the more members, the more cash .. its feasible but difficult.

Yes, our shares are likely worth more, so it's a bargain then.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I can understand that but the board has stated, many times now, that there won't be a publicly available issue so any shares you want will have to be bought from a pvt owner, very much as C1872 proposed regards DK shares.

I'm not here to criticise folk for not being able to help, it's a worldwide pandemic with a huge economic on all of us but if you can & if you would but have suspicions or questiond, I would ask you maybe speak with C1872 directly and see if they can assuage your fears or worries, nothing ventured .. nothing gained 

Sorry Ace but its not for individual fans to go out to Club 1872 to see if they are a competent organisation.

They have to go to the fans and prove they are a competent organisation to get people to invest in them. You barely hear from them at all these days. Their outreach is barely there and they are yet to publicly address any of the concerns around governance that have been about for a while.

29 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Sorry Ace but its not for individual fans to go out to Club 1872 to see if they are a competent organisation.

They have to go to the fans and prove they are a competent organisation to get people to invest in them. You barely hear from them at all these days. Their outreach is barely there and they are yet to publicly address any of the concerns around governance that have been about for a while.

Their is next to no transparency with Club 1872.

For example is Chris Graham still involved and if so in what capacity. Is / was he paid by the club or directly by Dave King?

There's plenty more unanswerd questions that Club 1872 will not address.

How anyone could trust them with their money is baffling.

54 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They have done pods & interviews in the past month or so that covered a lot of the questions & answers.

I would say that you can't expect them to reach out to each fan, if you don't raise your issue then they can't answer your question.

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This doesn't seem to make any sense:

"Club 1872 has been formally invited to participate at a pro rata level significantly higher than our current shareholding"

C1872 own just under 5% of the club, call it 5% for simplicity. If it was on a truly pro-rata basis the £2.5m would mean a total raise of £50m. I’d guess the total amount is probably closer to £10m so they’ll increase their shareholding quite significantly if they raise the full £2.5m 

Archived