11 of your favourites.

bluenose244

I wasn't having a go at the op 👍 was just that those guys were in or around most guys top 11 in my age group 😜 

Gorum, Gio, Gough, Weir, Stevens, Cooper, Gazza, Ferguson, Durrant, Laudrup, McCoist 🤩

Albertz, Prso, I Ferguson, Reyna, McGreggor. 

Can't believe I benched Albertz😢

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

??

I know a lot of fans rate other strikers ahead of him and perhaps rightly so..

My point was yes Mols is cemented in my mind as what I seen as an 8 year old and for that reason he's always in the mix in my team.

Mols at his best was one of the best strikers we’ve had in my lifetime.

Only McCoist and Hateley rank beside him.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mols at his best was one of the best strikers we’ve had in my lifetime.

Only McCoist and Hateley rank beside him.

He's my undisputed favourite striker. 

My everlasting memories of Ibrox my first trip was my hairs standing on end for simply the best (full version.)

And everyone stood up whenever Michael Mols got the ball.

2 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

I don't want your BEST 11, I want a Rangers team that comprises of your favourites.

Players you watched live, players you just have an affinity for it could be a moment in time they provided or just the fact that they done it for you.

Mols will raise a few eyebrows, but I just can't shake that 8 year old boy 🤩

LINEUP111612888902712.png

Good idea......great team. But why would Mols raise eyebrows? He was a superb player.....totally understandable folk of a younger age would choose him and not, say McCoist! 

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

Good idea......great team. But why would Mols raise eyebrows? He was a superb player.....totally understandable folk of a younger age would choose him and not, say McCoist! 

Thank you.

I've seen him divide opinion on a few threads, I know there have been higher numbers achieved etc..

But for me as I've stated, as an 8 year old at Ibrox watching Mols at his peak no one comes close.

Goram

Gary stevens Gough Butcher Numan

Souness

Barry

Gazza              Cooper

Laudrup

McCoist 

Players that did a great job without being all-time 11.

Klos

Ricksen Moore Cuellar Papac

Reyna   I. Ferguson  Van Bronkhorst

De Boer  Prso  McCann

Felt Fernando's best games were in midfield but wanted him in there. Also felt Ian Ferguson was more than just a hardman and had plenty football in him.

McCann was also a hell of a player and he would be great for us the now in our system. Watch him against the Cannavaro and Thuram Parma side to see just how dangerous he was.

1 minute ago, Zappa6995 said:

Goram,

Jardine  Gough  Greig  Numan

Gascoigne Ferguson McDonald Laudrup

Cooper   McCoist 

some amount of talent in there.  How many amazing teams can we pick really? Huge club.

1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

Thank you.

I've seen him divide opinion on a few threads, I know there have been higher numbers achieved etc..

But for me as I've stated, as an 8 year old at Ibrox watching Mols at his peak no one comes close.

I've seen some fantastic strikers in my time, and I'm 50. Mols is easily the most technically gifted striker we've had imo. Not always the best finisher, and as you say, others have scored more....but the technique and skill that he had, he was absolutely brilliant. Had he not got that bad injury, I really feel we would have struggled to hold onto him. He was a special player! 

Woods

Bartram  Brown  Boogie  Cowan

McCall   I Ferguson

McMinn                            Walters

R Fleck   M Johnston

Bartram's the wrong side, but wanted to fit him and Cowan in.

Archived