McGregor

Hutton   Amoruso    Bougherra    Barisic

Laudrup             Greig          Gazza     Baxter

Jelavic    Millar J

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Really interesting reading through the lineups, some outstanding players that would give us a headache naming a squad of 22 let alone a starting 11.

But, Shagger and one mention of Tav aside, not one player from a team that is running away with the league is included.  True, the current team is yet to lift a trophy but could end up having the best league record of any Rangers team ever. 

So what does this tell us? 

Can be as great as you like/think but one season is no good for our standards.

I didn't think Tav was good enough to be captain and there were better options in the team at the time but he has proven himself. So he may well be included in a best 11 in the future but the likes of Kent and Morelos will never be.

11 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Really interesting reading through the lineups, some outstanding players that would give us a headache naming a squad of 22 let alone a starting 11.

But, Shagger and one mention of Tav aside, not one player from a team that is running away with the league is included.  True, the current team is yet to lift a trophy but could end up having the best league record of any Rangers team ever. 

Probably tells us that most of us are old enough to remember our glory days where trophies were flowing in the doors at Ibrox. Ask the same question in a few years time and you may get a few more entries from the current squad. 

Personally, i could easily have picked two separate starting 11's, and the only player in our current squad who would get in right now would be Shagger.

On 09/02/2021 at 19:27, STEPPS BOY said:

Mols at his best was one of the best strikers we’ve had in my lifetime.

Only McCoist and Hateley rank beside him.

Yeah, pre-Olly Kahn (the cunt) he was magnificent, always looked like he just loved playing football too, easy player to fall in love with. 

12 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

In fairness, I’ve done the ‘best you’ve seen’ and ‘favourites’ to death so did this to make a point.  None of them are really in my favourite 11. 

Archived