Rangers x Hamburg

Assegai

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

Shame there doesn't seem to be any sporting benefits here with sharing of scouting knowledge, coaching workshops or anything player related. Maybe something like that will come later

probably told us to fuck off after signing bates

25 minutes ago, JMac_88 said:

Shame there doesn't seem to be any sporting benefits here with sharing of scouting knowledge, coaching workshops or anything player related. Maybe something like that will come later

Might give our players the chance to play in the German second division.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

“Commercial activities are in the pipeline as well, so that in the future HSV and Rangers fans will be able to show their support for each other, for example with co-branded merchandise.”

6719A5A8-1528-4CE2-8FA7-BCB6CF03B198.jpeg

Aye I like them but won’t be taking part in nonsense like that 

Do the ties with Hamburg actually go back to the seventies ?

Arsenal and LInfield were the club's preferred football teams for association with and for friendlies for a long time, up to the seventies and beyond, and Arsenal were even part of our centenary celebration, I think there were some ties with Ajax, as we helped to organise and form the European Supercup trophy.

Was never aware of "allegiances" to other clubs until cheap travel and more exposure of English clubs led to some fanbase connections with Chelsea, and possibly (though I think unlikely) Millwall. 

And of course our support in Northern Ireland has also had allegiances to our club for historical and cultural reasons.

And lastly there was the George Best and Manchester United connection, which was strong with Northern Irish fans too.

One thing I would like some good info on however is whether cellic's St Pauli connection came before or after our associations with Hamburg, and how much it influenced our fans opinions. 

7 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Do the ties with Hamburg actually go back to the seventies ?

Arsenal and LInfield were the club's preferred football teams for association with and for friendlies for a long time, up to the seventies and beyond, and Arsenal were even part of our centenary celebration, I think there were some ties with Ajax, as we helped to organise and form the European Supercup trophy.

Was never aware of "allegiances" to other clubs until cheap travel and more exposure of English clubs led to some fanbase connections with Chelsea, and possibly (though I think unlikely) Millwall. 

And of course our support in Northern Ireland has also had allegiances to our club for historical and cultural reasons.

And lastly there was the George Best and Manchester United connection, which was strong with Northern Irish fans too.

One thing I would like some good info on however is whether cellic's St Pauli connection came before or after our associations with Hamburg, and how much it influenced our fans opinions. 

Its a well known story and yes its from as far back as the 70s and was to do.with Rangers fans working at the docks over there.

Taigs and St Pauli is the newer friendship

Archived