Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Background checks, contacted the SFA and other professional clubs to ensure he didn't work in football again. Maintained a record of complaint to the police.

Bollox .It was a totally different climate back then within the police force .I have 2 family members and a mate that are fuckpigs .In those days ,nothing like this was done with the cops .That is their failures 

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Background checks, contacted the SFA and other professional clubs to ensure he didn't work in football again. Maintained a record of complaint to the police.

Cmon , there is no way that 35 years ago any of what you are saying was remotely in place at any football club. Just look at health and safety back in the 1980s to now. Places I’ve worked wouldn’t even have been allowed to open never mind be safety complaint. We never did risk assessment at all but now that’s generally the first thing that gets done before even looking to do any of the manual work. 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He shouldn’t of been there but he wasn’t known as a paedo until 2016, how would a background check have helped?  
He didn’t work for any other Football club within the SFA remit, something stopped that?
The complaint to the police wasn’t upheld, why would they keep a hold of a complaint that at the time was thought of as a one off, 30 years later. No one knew how despicable he was until recently. 

Read the BBC article. Chris Mcglauchlin really is a horrible despicable speccy bastard. No wonder his missus left him for a burd the fenian mess.

My blood is honestly boiling with that cunt. Hopefully when we lift 55 it absolutely destroys that cunt!

As someone mentioned earlier, we all played football as kids and there were lots of dodgy deviants who ran kids football teams even when I was a boy 60 years ago. A dead giveaway was usually that they were unmarried older guys who got their kicks in the company of kids. It was then, and still is now, a social disease and it is not confined to any one club, it is rife all over. They should be weeded out and no parents should trust their kids to anyones care who does not fit an acceptable profile. 

3 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

As someone mentioned earlier, we all played football as kids and there were lots of dodgy deviants who ran kids football teams even when I was a boy 60 years ago. A dead giveaway was usually that they were unmarried older guys who got their kicks in the company of kids. It was then, and still is now, a social disease and it is not confined to any one club, it is rife all over. They should be weeded out and no parents should trust their kids to anyones care who does not fit an acceptable profile. 

For a newbie .I have to say your posting has kind of got my attention 🤔

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nobody did that in those days, not in football, not in other sports, not in youth clubs, not even in religious organisations.   

6 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

As someone mentioned earlier, we all played football as kids and there were lots of dodgy deviants who ran kids football teams even when I was a boy 60 years ago. A dead giveaway was usually that they were unmarried older guys who got their kicks in the company of kids. It was then, and still is now, a social disease and it is not confined to any one club, it is rife all over. They should be weeded out and no parents should trust their kids in anyones care who does not fit an acceptable profile. 

If it’s a social disease are you claiming that men sexually abusing children used to be socially acceptable?

9 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

If it’s a social disease are you claiming that men sexually abusing children used to be socially acceptable?

Not at all, anything but. However what I am saying is that society is guilty of not addressing it a lot sooner. It was a sort of taboo subject that too many people tried to pusyfoot around instead of severely punishing the bent bastards responsible.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

McLaughlin peddling separate entity on national radio, quite astounding 

McLaughlin is as an absolute roaster and a Rangers hater, in order to believe his 'seperate entity' pish we need to believe that when jock stein found out a peadophile was operating at his club didn't say "the good name of the club should be kept clean" but instead said  "the good name of the boys club should be kept clean"

c*ltic are far and fucking away the biggest culprits of this in WORLD football, they have been covering this up for over 40 years and still have live cases against their employees. Had Hibs told us about neily's behaviour he would never have crossed the threshold at Ibrox. Obviously we should (and may already have) made reparations of some sort to the victims from Ibrox but to have our club mentioned on the same page as THEM makes my blood boil.

Just now, They Gnu said:

Never directly spoken about, known as stoat the ba. 

2 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

Not at all, anything but. However what I am saying is that society is guilty of not addressing it a lot sooner. It was a sort of taboo subject that too many people tried to pusyfoot around instead of severely punishing the bent bastards responsible.

Yes that could of been an issue but I don’t think it should be blamed as a social issue rather than an individual one. Society has always abhorred paedos and always will. 

Not often that I shout at the TV in anger, but tonight is one of those times. "A leading senior celtic manager" may have been aware?

BIG JOCK FUCKING WELL KNEW!

It's not possible to libel a dead person, so what are they afraid of?

BBC Scotland and the SFA - corrupt to the fucking core!

10 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Not often that I shout at the TV in anger, but tonight is one of those times. "A leading senior celtic manager" may have been aware?

BIG JOCK FUCKING WELL KNEW!

It's not possible to libel a dead person, so what are they afraid of?

BBC Scotland and the SFA - corrupt to the fucking core!

Pretty telling stein's boy was part of the youth team and was removed without any explanation 

6 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Definitely a 6 year old scallywag :thumbsup:

At 16, I understand your da completely but at 6 yer da’s moral compass is oot the windae for not teaching you the difference between right and wrong and all because some wee 5 year old lassie was going to bully you 😂😂

28 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Nobody did that in those days, not in football, not in other sports, not in youth clubs, not even in religious organisations.   

The Smyllum Orphanage was a kids home  in Scotland ( run by the catholic church) (the sisters of mercy) where 400 kids were literally thrown into a mass unmarked grave and not one question has been asked.
That is the kind of country we live in.

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

At 16, I understand your da completely but at 6 yer da’s moral compass is oot the windae for not teaching you the difference between right and wrong and all because some wee 5 year old lassie was going to bully you 😂😂

He did once plod had departed.
Wee bitch probably turned out a version of between myra hynley and rose west.

Archived