Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

The witness testimonies concerning our club is horrific. It does conclude that we didn’t know about them at the time apart from the one that got sacked and commended us for that action but also stated the article in Rangers news wishing him luck was ill judged. 
We all know about the bastardised club,it’s insignificant, ours needs to deal with this and rectify it. 

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

The dude has on a number of occasions stated he doesn’t want to talk or write about child abuse but at every opportunity jumps in to say aye but what about Rangers 

I find this a bit strange tbh 

If you can point me to where I've said anything remotely close to that in the thread it would be much appreciated. Someone asked why Rangers were mentioned and what we have to apolgise for.

If you read the statments of the victims naming Rangers, you'll see what we have to apologise for.

5 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Posted this in the other thread:

This isn’t about a whitewash IMO. The majority of cases against that lot are still subject to ongoing criminal proceedings and can’t be mentioned in the document.

What the document does highlight, disgustingly, is the culture at the time was not a safe environment for children almost across the board. It’s a learning point, for sure, and apologies have to be made, but holy fuck life was made easy for these sick individuals.

This can’t be a point-scoring exercise and we have to admit to our own shortcomings in relation to these issues and not apportion blame on others. Yes, Hibs should have notified us and whilst it’s good that we sacked the perpetrator immediately , we should have concrete evidence of a report being made and the article after his departure is almost an attempt at whitewash itself. The poor lad’s treatment after the fact and the realisation that this may have stopped other people coming forward with their own issues is just such a sad indictment of how the debacle was handled.

All clubs involved should IMO be punished, even us. I understand there wasn’t a history of holding on to documentation in the 90s and that could easily explain our situation but it’s not good enough. I hold out club to the highest standards and we’ve fell short of them here.

Certainly won't help with some of our own using whataboutery where there is no proof,only concocted fuckin lies from certain sections of the media.

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Has our club ever been found guilty of any wrongdoing? 

I’m all for protecting our name but a holier than thou attitude regarding this sort of subject is disgusting. We have detailed reports and admit sacking the individual who committed the offence - so yes, we are guilty in some form. We need to be resolving this situation.

1 minute ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Certainly won't help with some of our own using whataboutery where there is no proof,only concocted fuckin lies from certain sections of the media.

There is a detailed reported which was independently sought and published that was released earlier today. I’ve read it and it’s harrowing.

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The witness testimonies concerning our club is horrific. It does conclude that we didn’t know about them at the time apart from the one that got sacked and commended us for that action but also stated the article in Rangers news wishing him luck was ill judged. 
We all know about the bastardised club,it’s insignificant, ours needs to deal with this and rectify it. 

If we didn’t know about these incidents then what does our club have to apologise for or “rectify” these depraved bastards can infiltrate anywhere and as you say the one we did know of was dealt with in the appropriate manner so what more can the club do? 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Rangers response has been and continues to be an absolute disgrace, effectively ignoring the allegations and pretending they don’t exist. 

This report had better change that approach. Compensation & full public apology should be made ASAP. 

There are some who think that the best way to protect the name of the club is to deny and deflect. An individual who was employed by the club committed acts against children we invited to play for us, the institution is at fault for that.

2 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

You should REALLY read the report. Unless you are claiming the victims naming Rangers are spouting media lies

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

If we didn’t know about these incidents then what does our club have to apologise for or “rectify” these depraved bastards can infiltrate anywhere and as you say the one we did know of was dealt with in the appropriate manner so what more can the club do? 

Mate, go read the report and then read what you’re writing. We did know and we dealt with it, but not nearly enough.

Just now, ScottBF2 said:

There are some who think that the best way to protect the name of the club is to deny and deflect. An individual who was employed by the club committed acts against children we invited to play for us, the institution is at fault for that.

While at the same admonishing Celtic for doing the exact same thing.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not wish him well

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You should REALLY read the report. Unless you are claiming the victims naming Rangers are spouting media lies

These are the same things people accuse the other lot of, how can people not see beyond that right now?

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

While at the same admonishing Celtic for doing the exact same thing.

I’m not having whataboutery in relation to this mate. They’ve been called out in the same report for it and have a number of well known and high-profile cases which are ongoing. Their time will come, but we need to manage our own affairs.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

They need to deal with the fact it happened. If they were informed at the time I’d like to think they’d apologise then so why not now?

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If you can point me to where I've said anything remotely close to that in the thread it would be much appreciated. Someone asked why Rangers were mentioned and what we have to apolgise for.

If you read the statments of the victims naming Rangers, you'll see what we have to apologise for.

Point me to where I said you said that in this thread?

Also nobody asked you anything you jumped straight in pointing the finger at Rangers. Nobody tagged you in.

You’ve said it plenty of times regarding child abuse at the filth when people have challenged you to do articles on it, your well within your rights to not want to report on a sickening subject that is fuck all to do with your job, I’ve no issues with that but I just find it strange that you constantly jump into these types of threads with the what about Rangers response but refuse point blank to discuss the noncery at celtic, it’s always aye but Rangers.

Tbh I’d rather not read the report I can’t stomach stuff like that and this will be my last contribution to the thread. 

29 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

they fucking name us, hibs, motherwell, partick but when it comes to celtic it's the "celtic boys club". so will celtic need to make an apology or not??? surely if they have to then they are liable...which goes against the separate entity nonsense. i doubt they will be made to apologise because it ruins their defence.

the cunt is tip toeing around the whole celtic situation and trying to smear the name of us and other clubs (not that i care about them but cmon)

i had to go back and read that again as i missed that bit. ffs how long  is the cover up for the celtic scum going to be ?

1 minute ago, ScottBF2 said:

I’m not having whataboutery in relation to this mate. They’ve been called out in the same report for it and have a number of well known and high-profile cases which are ongoing. Their time will come, but we need to manage our own affairs.

I was meaning that people who think we should protect Rangers name from this are the same people who would criticise Celtic for doing the same thing.

Just now, ScottBF2 said:

These are the same things people accuse the other lot of, how can people not see beyond that right now?

Mate, I've been making these same points for years. Every single person and club with as much as a single accusation should investigate fully and pay out compo ASAP. Doesn't matter if others were worse or if they died before being prosecuted - this should go way beyond which club done what.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I was meaning that people who think we should protect Rangers name from this are the same people who would criticise Celtic for doing the same thing.

Ah right, I’ve picked you up wrong 👍🏻 Totally agree with that, but some people in this thread don’t see it that way.

26 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Its hard to get angry or pissed off at any of this now , they are in complete control of everything in this country and call all the shots. They can do whatever they like when ever they like and nobody will do a thing about it........

It's one reason why I got out of Scotland. The country is absolutely fucked and when the SNP arseholes achieve their independence pipedream it will be bankrupt within 3 years.

Archived