Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s true. Our response has been fucking disgraceful

Some people just don’t seem willing to understand that we aren’t attacking our club here, but they’re making an arse of it themselves.

In years gone by we’ve had a communications director who used the club to fuel his vendetta against ex-colleagues and employers, directors who use the club to defend their own family and now we’re being treated to radio silence on an issue that is amongst the most deplorable and important that have ever been levelled at us. We need a reassurance that we have done everything possible in this case and if not we need assurances that reparations will be made.

As you say, 2 years we have been expecting this and we’ve complied with the enquiry so we knew what we would be making a statement about. Even a fucking placeholder statement right now would be something, but the radio silence is disgusting IMO.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

He doesn't position Ally with Neely. Read what he's saying ffs. You're the only one implying a connection by making that weird implications from the mere mention of his name. The mention of McCoist is perfectly innocent and makes sense in that post. Read it again and stop making yourself look stupid.

Ive read it perfectly well and there is no relevance in bringing Ally into the point imo. Lets agree to disagree and save your lectures

3 minutes ago, Ace said:

I'm coming into this late & my we still haven't released a statement apologising for this .. its disgraceful & shockingly poor from our supposed leaders 

How would you script it? Anyone?

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

For the sake of legal arguments and trials, maybe they couldn’t say anything.  I’m not a legal person mate. Just looking at it objectively. Waiting though to see what the club comes out with. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Looking worse than the scum

Have a word with yourself ffs 

The most often phrase used in the scottish legal system will probably be "i'm saying nothing till i speak to my lawyer"
As far as answering any accusations in the last 2 years,what did the board know before that pile of hogwash that was put on print to the extent of 150 odd pages which actually said "nothing to see here,move along now,and find somebody else to blame"
IF..and it's a big fuckin IF the authorities had taken appropriate action against the beasts after the first case of abuse in 1998,where it was "an open secret" since 1968 and not one scabby bastard picked up the phone.
And they want me to feel guilty.
Well...they can GTF.

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

See Motherwell ,Patrick and the media reiterating the scums so called apology .The one where they were  grudging denying their full responsibilities and saying it was the  boys club of course .Separate entity  .Ahem at least 20 years too late for these cunts .It’s like a sorry makes everything ok now .Nothing else to see so let’s move on .The disingenuous club have the media in their fucking pockets and clearly all the decision makers .And the cover up of a puedo ring is still not even had a mention 

Right. This whole process by the SFA was nothing more than a 'whataboutery' exercise,designed to deflect attention away from the main perpetrators. Looking through this thread,it has been successful. 

All Rangers did wrong in the aftermath , as far as I can see, was fail to edit the Rangers News statement properly.  Now we are lumped in with a rancid club with multiple convictions, cover-ups, re-employing known perpetrators ..systemic and repeated abusers. 

It's job done.

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

The biggest issue here is probably the report to the police.

The BBC suggested there was not one, and that Neely abused others in the 90s. 

However as late as 2017, our club still insisted it was reported.

So who would have issued that statement from the club ?

The club stated that the incident was reported to the police, apparently there is no record of that. I think that's different from someone saying Rangers never reported it. Police Scotland's record in 'losing' evidence that might help support our cause recently has been quite remarkable.

22 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

The club stated that the incident was reported to the police, apparently there is no record of that. I think that's different from someone saying Rangers never reported it. Police Scotland's record in 'losing' evidence that might help support our cause recently has been quite remarkable.

If it was reported and documented would be a non story. So I'm thinking the club based this on what someone who was there at the time remembered, maybe Souness, maybe Walter, maybe the club secretary or chairman, who i am sure would have been completely factual.in their recollection which would mean the BBC are deliberately telling lies, or the police have no recollection of the report either. 

Basically the police need to answer that question with transparency, did they proceed with a proper report in the first instance, as our club are stating, and which would absolve our club of any blame, or had it ceased to exist even at that stage ? 

3 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Right. This whole process by the SFA was nothing more than a 'whataboutery' exercise,designed to deflect attention away from the main perpetrators. Looking through this thread,it has been successful. 

All Rangers did wrong in the aftermath , as far as I can see, was fail to edit the Rangers News statement properly.  Now we are lumped in with a rancid club with multiple convictions, cover-ups, re-employing known perpetrators ..systemic and repeated abusers. 

It's job done.

Bingo!!!

10 hours ago, Grundy said:

The club said the police were notified and also the kid's father was a serving police officer who was also made aware.  I can't see why there is a good reason to disbelieve this.

Exactly, some fucking lie to make up isn’t it? 

Rangers have to respond to a report where they may or may not have contacted the police, he may or may not have went on to other clubs, they wished him well and let him leave or they dismissed him immediately, they might of knew about him previous to employment due to Hibs known or they might not have, Hibs might of been aware of him, or maybe not.

I hope Rangers disown this inquiry. It’s purpose was not for children that was abused but to protect the one team that actively covered up for peadophiles.

We need a normal inquiry to allow the truth to be told. The 3 incidents against Rangers needs to go through a normal legal route to ensure its validity then Rangers can act and do the right thing but that inquiry is... I can’t think of the word to describe it, it’s fucked up. 

46 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Rangers have to respond to a report where they may or may not have contacted the police, he may or may not have went on to other clubs, they wished him well and let him leave or they dismissed him immediately, they might of knew about him previous to employment due to Hibs known or they might not have, Hibs might of been aware of him, or maybe not.

I hope Rangers disown this inquiry. It’s purpose was not for children that was abused but to protect the one team that actively covered up for peadophiles.

We need a normal inquiry to allow the truth to be told. The 3 incidents against Rangers needs to go through a normal legal route to ensure its validity then Rangers can act and do the right thing but that inquiry is... I can’t think of the word to describe it, it’s fucked up. 

Utterly staggering. I never thought I'd see Rangers fans actively wanting to cover up allegations of abuse at Ibrox. Genuinely fucking sickening. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Utterly staggering. I never thought I'd see Rangers fans actively wanting to cover up allegations of abuse at Ibrox. Genuinely fucking sickening. 

What’s sickening is a Ranger fan who seems to think he’s in a position to scribble shite on paper not being capable to read a small extract and understand it. You are a disgrace for that comment and I sincerely ask you to put me on ignore as that is exactly what I’m going to do to you. I will give you one message to apologise. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

What’s sickening is a Ranger fan who seems to think he’s in a position to scribble shite on paper not being capable to read a small extract and understand it. You are a disgrace for that comment and I sincerely ask you to put me on ignore as that is exactly what I’m going to do to you. I will give you one message to apologise. 

Why on earth would I apologise? You want Rangers to 'disown' this review because you don't like the outcome. It's fucking vile. 

8 hours ago, Barasa said:

How would you script it? Anyone?

Rangers welcomes the Scottish Fa's long-awaited review into historic sexual abuse of children within the game. 

Rangers have done everything to ensure the horrific abuse suffered by kids at clubs across Scotland and beyond cannot and will not be repeated. 

We are ready to work with any victims to provide the help and support needed to allow them to move forward with their life and will cooperate fully with any future investigations. 

We apologise fully and unreservedly to any victims of abuse, both at Rangers and in wider society and will do everything in our power to protect children in line with current safeguarding guidelines. 

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Your fucking vile, you are a cunt, how dare you accuse me of wanting to ignore children being sexually abused. I commented clearly that this has to go through a correct channel to allow Rangers to do the right thing I don’t give that inquiry any legitimacy, that does not mean I want Rangers to ignore child abuse you fucking cunt. Ignore me and don’t ever reply to me again. 

So you don't give the victims accounts of abuse at Rangers any 'legitimacy'? 

Pathetic. 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rangers welcomes the Scottish Fa's long-awaited review into historic sexual abuse of children within the game. 

Rangers have done everything to ensure the horrific abuse suffered by kids at clubs across Scotland and beyond cannot and will not be repeated. 

We are ready to work with any victims to provide the help and support needed to allow them to move forward with their life and will cooperate fully with any future investigations. 

We apologise fully and unreservedly to any victims of abuse, both at Rangers and in wider society and will do everything in our power to protect children in line with current safeguarding guidelines. 

That would have done, except for the apology to victims of abuse ‘in wider society’. I don’t understand why a specific club would apologise for that.

Just now, left winger said:

That would have done, except for the apology to victims of abuse ‘in wider society’. I don’t understand why a specific club would apologise for that.

One of the SFA recommendations is that clubs don't just apologise for the abuse at their club but also in more general terms. That said, it was also literally banged out in 45 seconds without a huge amount of thought, editing or any input from a legal team.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

You quite clearly have not read the report 

Are you asking for another enquiry on top of this independent enquiry?

Get a grip. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

You have just accused me of wanting to ignore the most heinous crime imaginable. Why the fuck would I want to continue anything with you, even a 2 sec scribble on a forum is too much. I said clearly “The3 incidents against Rangers needs to go through a normal legal route to ensure its validity then Rangers can act and do the right thing “ WHY DOES THAT NOT INPUT WITH YOU, CUNT. 

You’re wanting us to say to the public “we aren’t guilty until we say we’re guilty”.

It’s Tim-like behaviour. I don’t, for a second, disbelieve that we contacted the police but we have not covered ourselves in glory with the handling of the whole mess and as a result at least 3 children in our care were tormented by sick individuals. For that, we need to be sorry and we need to put assurances in place that as an organisation we condemn the actions and have ensured that they won’t happen again. Yes, we can take further legal guidance on the matter and id hope that, like you say, we do have an enquiry into it - fully conducted by an independent third party - but were shooting ourselves in the foot right now due to our inaction and for those of us who hole the club to a high moral standard it just doesn’t sit right.

You need to take a step back and look at what this silence is doing to the club, we need to admit our failings - which resulted in these heinous crimes being committed - and put measures in place to ensure a happy, safe and productive environment for every child that sets foot in our organisation again.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

‘Disown this inquiry?’ Really? Tell victims of abuse that we didn’t like the inquiry, so we’re just going to ignore it? What do you think tells victims of abuse? And what do you think it would say about our Club?

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

It’s mandated by the enquiry, you’ll see it in every clubs statement - or words to that effect at least.

5 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I used to like his input but that was just to be and act a cunt, no input whatsoever. The guy is a fucking fraud. 

This literally makes no sense. 'I used to like his input... No input whatsoever.'

What you're really saying is, you liked me when I wasn't pointing you out as a cunt who wants to bury allegations af sexual abuse of kids at Rangers. 

Archived