Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

18 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Because I think that inquiry that’s meant to give us answers isn’t fit for purpose. celtic apologised for across Scottish football, it was mealy mouthed shite, I don’t want our club to go along that lines so they can tick off a box.

They need to apologise solely for what happened at Rangers and at this point only for what is conclusive. The only conclusive fact is that Neely was employed by our club and accusations have been made against him. Our apology should include that the inquiry is a whitewash and we need to go through the correct channels so accusations can be giving the respect they deserve. There might be more victims, we owe it to them to treat this seriously and that inquiry does anything but. It’s fucking disgrace of an inquiry. 

I feel as if you understand where I'm coming from with what I'm posting mate, have a wee read back at what you're proposing and how it comes across. You can't just dismiss an enquiry because you don't like the outcome, we've been critical of the other lot for wanting to only answer to an in-house enquiry. We need to acknowledge the results of this, apologise for it's findings - it is not an admission of guilt - and then do our own. 

The way you're putting it across comes close to looking like a whitewash of it. Please don't go down that route.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

To be fair the inquiry was meant to give us the answers, it’s done anything but. 

In fairness to the enquiry it was set out to find evidence of abuse, it did that, and then make recommendations to the league on how ensure it doesn't happen again. It was, 100%, the SFA trying to save face - I don't dispute that. But the findings are still legitimate, and we need to act on them.

2 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

I feel as if you understand where I'm coming from with what I'm posting mate, have a wee read back at what you're proposing and how it comes across. You can't just dismiss an enquiry because you don't like the outcome, we've been critical of the other lot for wanting to only answer to an in-house enquiry. We need to acknowledge the results of this, apologise for it's findings - it is not an admission of guilt - and then do our own. 

The way you're putting it across comes close to looking like a whitewash of it. Please don't go down that route.

I don't know how the guy saying he wants Rangers to apologise for their short comings not everyone elses is a whitewash?

Just now, ScottBF2 said:

Rangers must acknowledge the incidents that the inquiry has brought forward and act decisively and correctly to get justice for the victims. The inquiry was meant to give us conclusive answers to allow us to act immediately but it doesn’t. It is opaque and fails who should be the fundamental people in this. 

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I don't know how the guy saying he wants Rangers to apologise for their short comings not everyone elses is a whitewash?

It’s the narrative of dismissing the findings of the enquiry until we’ve done our own. Maybe whitewash was too harsh.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Rangers or sfa? Rangers or sfa? I know who I trust more. I don’t believe the club won’t do the right thing after reading this report. 

Theres no point where Rangers and the SFA are contradicting each other. It's not a matter of Rangers or SFA. 

8 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

To be fair the inquiry was meant to give us the answers, it’s done anything but. 

You clearly haven’t read it or you wouldn’t be spouting shite. You are clearly needing to.  For a start skip everything and just read page 22 & 23

here you go

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7516/independent-review-of-sexual-abuse-in-scottish-football-final-report.pdf

Apologise publicly for employing two vile bastards and putting kids in our care at risk, contact the victims, apologise to them personally with an offer of compensation. 

Get it sorted Robertson, Park or whoever the fuck should be dealing with it or get to fuck out our club 

It’s not hard and it’s the right thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

It’s the narrative of dismissing the findings of the enquiry until we’ve done our own. Maybe whitewash was too harsh.

Did the report tell us anything we didn't already know or suspect to be true after the last 3 or 4 years of this blowing up? 

The boy we sent to the BDO was after compo. Its not Rangers fault he has to sue the oldco if he hopes to get anything. Not to mention the 3 or 4 highly reputable Scottish football and Rangers icons that have stated unequivocally that Alistair Hood went to he parents and urged them to file a police report. The fact one doesn't exist suggests that any notes taken by police were destroyed because the parents didn't escalate the matter. That's my  understandings of it anyway. Its a different story if all he's done is came to the incumbent custodians of the club and asked for an apology. I doubt very very much had that been the case we'd have turned him away.

As I've said fuck the SFA. I'm not having Rangers aplogise for what went on at other clubs any more than I'm having them apologising for what could potentially have went on at ours. Hibs maybe bare some blame in our case simply because it seems as if they knew what Neely was. Beyond that I see no logical reason why us or indeed them would apologise, essentially taking responsibility, for what other people out with your control did or didn't do.

Am I locked up by the police because my neighbour is a bank robber? I mean fuck sake.

This is ground work mate so they can swerve giving them any fottballing sanctions once all their many many numerous numerous pending cases are completed.

"It was everyone's fault so everyone's gets it or no one does you decide. Sincerely Seltics Football Association".

Ye nah we're not that daft.

Sensitive topic and for that reason how about we all wait until the club issues a statement before taking this any further?  We are already in territory where Bears are being accused of wanting to cover up CSA, I don’t believe any Bear wants that and have only seen a few question the voracity of aspects of a SFA report.  Anyone who isn’t suspicious of anything the SFA produce is, IMO, very niaive.

I agree that a considered and measured statement will mean more in the long run than rushing out a generic statement. I would like to think that we are in detailed discussions with legal and other individuals and organisations to ensure we get, potentially, the most important statement the club will ever make right.

Probably best to calm the rhetoric.

59 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

There’s a topic listing “whitewash confirmed”. Rangers will be doing the victims of child abuse a great service if they was to call it out for what it actually is. It was an inquiry with one purpose to protect that bastardised football team. We need a normal inquiry. 

Which is so important we keep to the fact, and do not lose a grip due to emotions. 

Always remember a story I heard about the Germans who liberated the concentration camps in Germany. Many were reluctant to go in, some just wanted to kill the  the guards and leave, until a commander stopped them and basically implied for Mankind and the sake of history , it had to be witnessed and the story told, so that it could never be forgotten or erased from memory.

Different circumstances, but same moral decision in the case of these abuses. Unfortunately there are those still who are either in denial, or would choose to  airbrush these events from their history.

23 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You clearly haven’t read it or you wouldn’t be spouting shite. You are clearly needing to.  For a start skip everything and just read page 22 & 23

here you go

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7516/independent-review-of-sexual-abuse-in-scottish-football-final-report.pdf

I suggest you read it properly, it’s mealy mouthed shite. An inquiry is meant to look at evidence and conclude on it. It is a dereliction of duty to adults who when they were children were sexually abused and all to protect one bastardised football team. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Which is so important we keep to the fact, and do not lose a grip due to emotions. 

Always remember a story I heard about the Germans who liberated the concentration camps in Germany. Many were reluctant to go in, some just wanted to kill the  the guards and leave, until a commander stopped them and basically implied for Mankind and he sake of history , it had to be witnessed and the story told, so that it could never be forgotten or erased from memory.

Different circumstances, but same moral decision in the case of these abuses. Unfortunately there are those still who are either in denial, or would choose to  airbrush these events from their history.

Only a paedo could ignore children being sexually abused and a cunt just accused me of that, that’s why I lost my grip. 

7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Only a paedo could ignore children being sexually abused and a cunt just accused me of that, that’s why I lost my grip. 

Hadn't noticed that. Shocking. My post was a generalisation.

I get it all the time just for for being old. And some of those folk who have posted in this thread. use it as an insult to folk on here. Makes you wonder. 

Admin explained they can't remove it.

They are right,when it is in context of course, like you did there,  but when its used as a term of abuse to a poster is way beyond the pale in my opinion, and affects the credibility of the debate. We don't need it, especially in these type of threads. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

I get it all the time just for for being old. And some o those folk have posted in this thread. Makes you wonder. 

Admin explained they can't remove it.

They are right,when it is in context of course, like you did there,  but when its used as a term of abuse to a poster is way beyond the pale in my opinion, and affects the credibility of the debate. We don't need it, especially in these type of threads. 

Noticed the ignore option is no longer available, for issues like this it would be helpful. I really don’t want to see anything that cunt writes going forward. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Utterly staggering. I never thought I'd see Rangers fans actively wanting to cover up allegations of abuse at Ibrox. Genuinely fucking sickening. 

Get yourself to fuck ya trumpet 

It’s ironic you bumping your gums here ,when I never ever seen you calling out the scum on the countless threads  on countless bheasts being convicted 

You fucking giving many bears the boke with your grandstanding .

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Utterly staggering. I never thought I'd see Rangers fans actively wanting to cover up allegations of abuse at Ibrox. Genuinely fucking sickening. 

As opposed to your own position where, as a journalist, you have no interest in writing about the subject unless Neely was the perpetrator. Even more specifically you only appear interested in his alleged behaviour while employed by Rangers.

I would get off the moral high horse if I were you, your behaviour over the past couple of days has exposed you in a quite disturbing way.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Get yourself to fuck ya trumpet 

It’s ironic you bumping your gums here ,when I never ever seen you calling out the scum on the countless threads  on countless bheasts being convicted 

You fucking giving many bears the boke with your grandstanding .

You also think that the admin pay me to post on here and that there's some grand conspiracy to ensure I'm never banned...

Hardly a reliable judge here pal.

16 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Noticed the ignore option is no longer available, for issues like this it would be helpful. I really don’t want to see anything that cunt writes going forward. 

You don’t need to read it mate 

For what it’s worth I get the point you’re trying to make regarding the report and the real reasons behind it and you’re more than likely spot on but that’s a separate issue, our club need to deal with the facts and the facts are we unknowingly employed two vile predators, as far as I’m aware having not read the report and just picking up on what’s been posted here is Dunn never abused any kids at Ibrox or none that have came forward but the other cunt was in and around the club on a daily basis and had a massage table in his fucking office. Every single boy that sat on that table is a potential victim. The club need to do the right thing here mate regardless of the real reasons behind the investigation and face this head on no fucking about.

Also the so called Scottish government should be opening an investigation into child abuse in Scottish football it’s fucking unbelievable that they haven’t done this.

Just now, The Dude said:

You also think that the admin pay me to post on here and that there's some grand conspiracy to ensure I'm never banned...

Hardly a reliable judge here pal.

Noone give a shit about your pishy articles anyway. I skip right past them because of who wrote it.

3 minutes ago, EverestGers said:

ScottBF2 and that other warmer the Dude need to stop talking pish. Pair of stoaters 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Maybe, it's a emotional subject , so important though we continue highlighting this, and discussing it.

Just need to be aware it is  important we don't let clashes of opinion become crass, personal, or unjustified, it demeans the substance and debate. 

Archived