Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

1 minute ago, ScottBF2 said:

One for the watching @admin

You see mate I brought it up here nearly three years ago and got banned for it . I can assure you I knew what was happening. You all tried to call me out for it but look what’s happened ! Tut tut . If you were not just obsessed by them across the city and actually listened you may have got your moral compass in order prior to now 👍👍

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the comments a scurrilous claim ? I am sure you can see from the report that it was not and these men have given evidence to police and now to lawyers when all they wanted was an apology ! They were failed. They were made to seem small and insignificant again. 

I've banned the above poster because I don't believe he's a Rangers fan...

But I do feel let down by the Club.

I believe this scandal should have been handled better.

An apology should have been made at the least, and responsibility taken. 

5 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I've banned the above poster because I don't believe he's a Rangers fan...

But I do feel let down by the Club.

I believe this scandal should have been handled better by our Club.

An apology should have been made, at the least and responsibility taken. 

I don’t quite understand the points he’s even trying to make, is he point scoring that he knew about abuse taking place before it did? What a weird cunt.

3 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

It feels like more than any other club,we are burdened by Rangers hating 'Rangers fans',who often choose to pass themselves off as 'journalists'. I'm proud of the way Rangers have dealt with this kind not only this weekend,but over the past few years.

Do name names.

For every person that tried to make me feel guilty.
I'll say it again that you can go take a fuck.
Just saw the front page of the sunday pail and never batted an eye that the report is full of lies regarding just one of the victims.
Andrew Gray's sister had to defend her dead brother and their Dad from lies printed in their pile of fuckin lies.

Thats' me finished with this fabricated pish.

5 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

It feels like more than any other club,we are burdened by Rangers hating 'Rangers fans',who often choose to pass themselves off as 'journalists'. I'm proud of the way Rangers have dealt with this kind not only this weekend,but over the past few years.

Me too. This is the apology the inquiry asks of us. 

“The Independent Review recommends that the clubs and organisations concerned issue an unequivocal and unreserved public apology to those who have been personally directly affected by sexual abuse in Scottish football. This apology should be on behalf of the club/organisation itself as well as the wider football family.”

All the clubs have apologised along them lines, apologising for all affected across Scottish football and not specifically at their club. This has allowed the majority of the media(Alex Thomson on twitter calls it as it is) to congratulate the teams apologies, the inquiry (at 1.27 )congratulated celtic for their previous apology and the SFA will be able to tick a box. It’s  nothing but a whitewash. The apologies are cleverly worded, lawyer written shite to allow them to deny any liabilities and the inquiry with SFA will allow it.  

Hope Rangers take their time and apologise directly to the people that matter, the media is just an insignificant noise and we should just continue ignoring them. I’ve no doubt we are working behind the scenes to rectify the wrongs correctly.

19 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Just saw the front page of the sunday pail and never batted an eye that the report is full of lies regarding just one of the victims.
Andrew Gray's sister had to defend her dead brother and their Dad from lies printed in their pile of fuckin lies.

Just read it, that’s sickening. Victims are calling this inquiry a whitewash, it’s a disgrace. 

14 hours ago, Barasa said:

I've seen suggestions that Rangers should enter a joint compensation fund with those who deliberately covered up the crimes at another club, who seem determined to share their blame. I don't think that version of a statement works, as each club should face their responsibilities individually, & not as if they were part of the conspiracy & attempted dilution of one clubs crimes that is happening in front of our eyes right now.

Cant say I've seen any suggestions along those lines  - or agree with them.

37 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Finally a proper journalist at the Sunday Mail has rolled her sleeves up and challenged this report, rather than use it further her own agenda.

"The sister of a Celtic Boys’ Club victim has accused the Scottish Football Association of making up “lies” about her dad after a report claimed he ignored suspicions his son was being molested."

She goes on to say..."For two years I have been dealing with the panel and have spent hours telling them the truth. Never once did myself or my mum ever say my dad looked the other way so Andrew could become a footballer."

So the SFA report exposed by a victim's sister for the fabricated cover-up we suspected it to be all along. If only there were more journalists with the same courage, these horrific incidents could have been dealt with long ago.

It does make the 'Rangers fans' on here demanding the club apologise,and pay compensation on the back of this garbage,look rather silly now though.

9 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Yes,the SFA report exposed by a victim's sister for the fabricated cover-up we suspected it to be along. If only there were more journalists with the same courage, these horrific incidents could have been dealt with long ago.

It does make the 'Rangers fans' on here demanding the club apologise,and pay compensation on the back of this garbage,look rather silly now though.

Disgusting vile people who were probably related to the sisters of mercy nuns who tossed the bodies of over 400 kids into an unmarked grave.
All in the name of religion.
Vile disgusting religion that would still segregate kids in the name of religion in this...the 21st century? 

13 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Yes,the SFA report exposed by a victim's sister for the fabricated cover-up we suspected it to be along. If only there were more journalists with the same courage, these horrific incidents could have been dealt with long ago.

And there were posters on here determined,to the extent of urging people to read it.

21 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Finally a proper journalist at the Sunday Mail has rolled her sleeves up and challenged this report, rather than use it further her own agenda.

"The sister of a Celtic Boys’ Club victim has accused the Scottish Football Association of making up “lies” about her dad after a report claimed he ignored suspicions his son was being molested."

She goes on to say..."For two years I have been dealing with the panel and have spent hours telling them the truth. Never once did myself or my mum ever say my dad looked the other way so Andrew could become a footballer."

So the SFA report exposed by a victim's sister for the fabricated cover-up we suspected it to be all along. If only there were more journalists with the same courage, these horrific incidents could have been dealt with long ago.

We can't hold ourselves to the same moral standard as any other club - those who are comparing us to the actions of that lot are doing us a total disservice. What they have done is reprehensible, but it does not excuse us and our actions or inaction. We want us to do the right thing right away - no dilly-dallying, no delaying for year while an enquiry determines where the fault is. Apologise (which is not admitting fault in a legal sense) and then do the investigation.

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

We can't hold ourselves to the same moral standard as any other club - those who are comparing us to the actions of that lot are doing us a total disservice. What they have done is reprehensible, but it does not excuse us and our actions or inaction. We want us to do the right thing right away - no dilly-dallying, no delaying for year while an enquiry determines where the fault is. Apologise (which is not admitting fault in a legal sense) and then do the investigation.

I don't disagree with most of that to be fair, other than the bit about the apology before the investigation.

3 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Where the alleged perpetrator is dead and therefore no convictions will be forthcoming, the outcome of the Independent Inquiry and related investigations will be fundamental to allow victims to hold our club vicariously liable. If this inquiry was done normally then Rangers should be able to direct the victims to court, they might not be able to agree a monetary value or the insurance company might insist it goes through a court setting, I don’t know but it should be an option. I doubt this inquiry will be of any worth to victims of Neely just as it is to victims of other clubs.

15 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Good post   

30 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

And there were posters on here determined,to the extent of urging people to read it.

Did you read it? And if not  what are you using/source to form an opinion on the report?

I have. I think it’s weak in many areas but will provide a catalyst for proper action. The fall out might be more relevant/important than the report itself 

just my thoughts 

I don’t normally like to give them the hits:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-family-left-broken-over-23497393

Scots family 'left broken' over claims father ignored clues son was being molested by football coach

Michelle Gray has accused the Scottish Football Association of making up “lies” about her dad.

By

Jennifer Hyland

04:30, 14 FEB 2021

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t normally like to give them the hits:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-family-left-broken-over-23497393

Scots family 'left broken' over claims father ignored clues son was being molested by football coach

Michelle Gray has accused the Scottish Football Association of making up “lies” about her dad.

By

Jennifer Hyland

04:30, 14 FEB 2021

Not belittling this but the report also states they spoke with the victim before his death in a tragic car accident. It does also state the family also provided information. So who knows what/who the source of the “lies” comes from. 
Why also would a three year long enquiry made up of a independent board randomly include those facts?? 

all very weird tbh

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Did you read it? And if not  what are you using/source to form an opinion on the report?

I have. I think it’s weak in many areas but will provide a catalyst for proper action. The fall out might be more relevant/important than the report itself 

just my thoughts 

Good point, the club themselves must be getting fed up with this proper lack of investigation, especially those who have nothing to hide, or have accounted for known abusive behaviours. 

There's just one club and one set of people (those who are connected to that club, (whether officially,or by allegiance), who are continually trying to suppress and deflect from the truth which has been common knowledge for decades now.

I feel there is now a slight change in the reporting of this ,and other clubs attitude to the club alleged to be the main and most consistent offender. Hopefully that pressure will increase, and proper investigations and  conclusions will ensue. 

The threat potential court cases could help, but may be a factor in the delay and lack of conclusion at this stage.

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not belittling this but the report also states they spoke with the victim before his death in a tragic car accident. It does also state the family also provided information. So who knows what/who the source of the “lies” comes from. 
Why also would a three year long enquiry made up of a independent board randomly include those facts?? 

all very weird tbh

If you mean Andrew, Andrew never passed in a car crash as it was due to a swimming pool accident. I know Michelle but I’ve never met Andrew. 

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Where the alleged perpetrator is dead and therefore no convictions will be forthcoming, the outcome of the Independent Inquiry and related investigations will be fundamental to allow victims to hold our club vicariously liable. If this inquiry was done normally then Rangers should be able to direct the victims to court, they might not be able to agree a monetary value or the insurance company might insist it goes through a court setting, I don’t know but it should be an option. I doubt this inquiry will be of any worth to victims of Neely just as it is to victims of other clubs.

The esat end of glasgow will be over the moon at the collective heat being deflected from them.
You can bet a good few of them will be quite brazen and more open in discussing the results of the white/hogwash.
Still do not believe that one victim was instructed to contact  bdo,and would like to see that in print from a reliable source.
At the end of the day i am 100% convinced our club will take the right and proper course of action.

Archived