Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm no lawyer and I haven't been party to all the information  involving us.  It just seems logical that the club would seek legal advice before making any comment.

I doubt anyone on here has 'been party to all the information involving us', but I'm not sure what advice would be required prior to apologising for any abuse that took place at the club. 

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, left winger said:

I doubt anyone on here has 'been party to all the information involving us', but I'm not sure what advice would be required prior to apologising for any abuse that took place at the club. 

because in court or legal terms it’s alleged abuse albeit i personally believe neely was a wrong one and I believe terrible things did happen 

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

no but a general public apology doesn’t cut it for me and any apology needs to be to the person 

I understand that an apology should be to the victim/s, however, a public apology for any abuse that took place at the Club, would also be appropriate. Indeed, I think it's required. 

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

I understand that an apology should be to the victim/s, however, a public apology for any abuse that took place at the Club, would also be appropriate. Indeed, I think it's required. 

It is and personally I don’t think it holds any weight and if anything it dilutes the seriousness of the issue and is a mere box ticking exercise for the sfa

Just now, Bad Robot said:

It is and personally I don’t think it holds any weight and if anything it dilutes the seriousness of the issue and is a mere box ticking exercise for the sfa

Publicly apologising for child abuse that has taken place at our club is a 'mere box ticking exercise'. If anything dilutes the seriousness of the issue, it's a statement like that. 

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Publicly apologising for child abuse that has taken place at our club is a 'mere box ticking exercise'. If anything dilutes the seriousness of the issue, it's a statement like that. 

that’s your opinion but we’ve to apologise to Scottish football ans as said our apology first and foremost needs to go to anyone harmed at our club 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

that’s your opinion but we’ve to apologise to Scottish football ans as said our apology first and foremost needs to go to anyone harmed at our club 

Yeah, as a general principal, apologies should always be made to victims, in the first place. But in a matter as serious as this, and taking into account the nature of it, a public apology should also be forthcoming. 

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Yeah, as a general principal, apologies should always be made to victims, in the first place. But in a matter as serious as this, and taking into account the nature of it, a public apology should also be forthcoming. 

I do hope we’re doing a whole lot more though 

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

I often hope we're doing things in the background. And although, i'm not often convinced we are, this time we surely must be. 

It would me a massive failure of the current board if nothing was happening behind the scenes and I don’t want to read any bs from us about ‘waiting for the conclusion of the sfa report’

11 hours ago, left winger said:

I often hope we're doing things in the background. And although, i'm not often convinced we are, this time we surely must be. 

I’m positive the report cited this legal mechanism for the clubs to apologise 

Apologies (Scotland) Act 2016

So I’m thinking if we’re not doing something behind the scenes we might be held to account under the law. 

1 hour ago, philiprfc said:

It's really, really not a good look.

I’m hoping that instead of making a statement for the sake of the optics alone, the club is formulating a credible strategy for any victims who the club holds vicarious responsibility for. I would like any statement made to have tangible routes and outcomes for any potential victims to be identified, confirmed and adequately looked after or compensated. 

Rangers should apologise  to the victims of Neely and compensate accordingly. There is no need to apologies to Scottish Football. Release a statement stating that we were put in this unfortunate situation by the failure of Hibernian Football Club through their deliberate omission of with holding information on Neely to protect their club.

If they had done the right thing then he would not have been anywhere near Rangers, just like the multiple offenders at celtic they chose this course of action all to protect their good name.

Keep it in house , hope it goes away, never mind the countless  children who were allowed to be abused by their actions.

Kick them Out. 

Archived