Jump to content

Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm no lawyer and I haven't been party to all the information  involving us.  It just seems logical that the club would seek legal advice before making any comment.

I doubt anyone on here has 'been party to all the information involving us', but I'm not sure what advice would be required prior to apologising for any abuse that took place at the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopped reading when the first name mentioned is Rangers  Fenian bastard 

The dude has on a number of occasions stated he doesn’t want to talk or write about child abuse but at every opportunity jumps in to say aye but what about Rangers  I find this a bit strange tbh 

celtic (or boys club) - 6 convicted in court of law - 35 mentions Rangers - zero convictions - 25 mentions Hibs - knew a paedo existed but informed no one. Jim McCafferty worked for Hibs too. Co

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, left winger said:

I doubt anyone on here has 'been party to all the information involving us', but I'm not sure what advice would be required prior to apologising for any abuse that took place at the club. 

because in court or legal terms it’s alleged abuse albeit i personally believe neely was a wrong one and I believe terrible things did happen 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

no but a general public apology doesn’t cut it for me and any apology needs to be to the person 

I understand that an apology should be to the victim/s, however, a public apology for any abuse that took place at the Club, would also be appropriate. Indeed, I think it's required. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, left winger said:

I understand that an apology should be to the victim/s, however, a public apology for any abuse that took place at the Club, would also be appropriate. Indeed, I think it's required. 

It is and personally I don’t think it holds any weight and if anything it dilutes the seriousness of the issue and is a mere box ticking exercise for the sfa

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bad Robot said:

It is and personally I don’t think it holds any weight and if anything it dilutes the seriousness of the issue and is a mere box ticking exercise for the sfa

Publicly apologising for child abuse that has taken place at our club is a 'mere box ticking exercise'. If anything dilutes the seriousness of the issue, it's a statement like that. 

dougie76 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Publicly apologising for child abuse that has taken place at our club is a 'mere box ticking exercise'. If anything dilutes the seriousness of the issue, it's a statement like that. 

that’s your opinion but we’ve to apologise to Scottish football ans as said our apology first and foremost needs to go to anyone harmed at our club 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

that’s your opinion but we’ve to apologise to Scottish football ans as said our apology first and foremost needs to go to anyone harmed at our club 

Yeah, as a general principal, apologies should always be made to victims, in the first place. But in a matter as serious as this, and taking into account the nature of it, a public apology should also be forthcoming. 

Bad Robot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, left winger said:

Yeah, as a general principal, apologies should always be made to victims, in the first place. But in a matter as serious as this, and taking into account the nature of it, a public apology should also be forthcoming. 

I do hope we’re doing a whole lot more though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, left winger said:

I often hope we're doing things in the background. And although, i'm not often convinced we are, this time we surely must be. 

It would me a massive failure of the current board if nothing was happening behind the scenes and I don’t want to read any bs from us about ‘waiting for the conclusion of the sfa report’

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, left winger said:

I often hope we're doing things in the background. And although, i'm not often convinced we are, this time we surely must be. 

I’m positive the report cited this legal mechanism for the clubs to apologise 

Apologies (Scotland) Act 2016

So I’m thinking if we’re not doing something behind the scenes we might be held to account under the law. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philiprfc said:

It's really, really not a good look.

I’m hoping that instead of making a statement for the sake of the optics alone, the club is formulating a credible strategy for any victims who the club holds vicarious responsibility for. I would like any statement made to have tangible routes and outcomes for any potential victims to be identified, confirmed and adequately looked after or compensated. 
 

Bad Robot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rangers should apologise  to the victims of Neely and compensate accordingly. There is no need to apologies to Scottish Football. Release a statement stating that we were put in this unfortunate situation by the failure of Hibernian Football Club through their deliberate omission of with holding information on Neely to protect their club.

If they had done the right thing then he would not have been anywhere near Rangers, just like the multiple offenders at celtic they chose this course of action all to protect their good name.

Keep it in house , hope it goes away, never mind the countless  children who were allowed to be abused by their actions.

Kick them Out. 

scottyscott1963 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

me thinks you’re a tad jealous as he has your dream job

Wouldn't touch it for all the tea in China. No interest in working club media anymore. I once really wanted to but not for me anymore. At least, not in Scotland.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 25 April 2021 17:30 Until 19:30
      0  
      Rangers v St. Johnstone
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Cup

×
×
  • Create New...