Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm really not. Our club should be writing a apology and a big fucking cheque as I type this post.

No as you already have an assumption we are guilty which is wrong but the club should be doing our own investigations with anyone (and witnesses) with allegations against the club from the past and if it concludes that there was any wrong doing or the club failed to protect others by not acting in a strong enough capacity then at that point the club should issue apologies and compo and possibly a NDA. We do need to do more about the past allegations to which are honest allegations which badly need closure.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Howsitgoing said:

He was sacked, he must of done something wrong to be sacked. 

The official line at the time was that he left of his own accord to pursue business interests. What part of that is difficult for you to understand?

Just now, Bad Robot said:

No as you already have an assumption we are guilty which is wrong but the club should be doing our own investigations with anyone (and witnesses) with allegations against the club from the past and if it concludes that there was any wrong doing or the club failed to protect others by not acting in a strong enough capacity then at that point the club should issue apologies and compo and possibly a NDA. We do need to do more about the past allegations to which are honest allegations which badly need closure.

Why?

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I had a look at the report and the witness statements. It's tough reading.

The report says we sacked neely once one of the victims advised club officials. The other victims did not come forward at the time and that unfortunately is not uncommon in cases like this. 

As a club we need to deal with this head on and lead by example. 

Apologise to the victims and offer compensation.  

Read a bit there too and it is tough , him having a physio table in his office is fucking sickening

1 minute ago, ScottBF2 said:

So we didn’t do the right thing at the time?

We could of done more and we employed a peado, I’m not defending this but I do definitely believe that Rangers when made aware sacked him and in doing so prevented him from getting involved further with professional football. The reason on why he was sacked is clear, apart from the small extract which is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. What was he sacked for if not for inappropriate actions towards a child? 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Fucking hell.

I've read some utterly deranged bollocks on here but that's up there man. Fuck.

Which parts are bollocks? Your first input in this topic is to condemn Rangers and then take the hump when scum are mentioned and state they have never been done. Better sticking to your podcast with your scum supporting pals,I’m sure they value your comments more than we do.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not according to the public line from the club's official newspaper. He left to pursue business interests and was wished well.

That extract is irrelevant, think even the inquiry confirmed he was sacked(I’ll need to recheck)

X later confided in his parents about this event. His parents then contacted members of the Management Team at Rangers FC who confronted D who was immediately dismissed from the Club.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Why?

is that all, no other comment ?

because most victims firstly want an admission of guilt and an apology then  secondly some recompense for the failings. I think a public apology is certainly required where any internal investigation finds guilt but I don’t think every last details of someone’s trauma needs to be in the public eye.

Just now, Dickie said:

Which parts are bollocks? Your first input in this topic is to condemn Rangers and then take the hump when scum are mentioned and state they have never been done. Better sticking to your podcast with your scum supporting pals,I’m sure they value your comments more than we do.

Where have I 'taken the hump' at Celtic being mentioned? I want every single peadophile who has ever been involved tangentially linked to Scottish football outed and punished to the furthest extent possible. I want evey single club where allegations have been made to be fully, independently investigated and clubs paying compensation to victims and releasing full, unreserved apologies to anyone who has suffered.

If you'd rather put your fingers in your ears and pretend there's been no wrongdoing at Rangers and think there's only one club this affects then be my guest.

The SFA doing an investigation on child abuse is like marking your own homework. Scotland is a corrupt country in the heads of politics, law and now sport.

As far as I know, we fired Neely and reported the incident(s) to the victims father who was a policeman. Muddying Rangers in these dirty waters in this report is wrong but so typical.

If I need to educate myself on this horrific subject, I will read the brilliant work done by the boys at Spotlight and not from our forum apologist.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Stopped reading when the first name mentioned is Rangers 

Fenian bastard 

I got to selick boys club just the next line, looking for 'their clubs name'.

This is the guy who has done this report, the look of a bad yin is my opinion. :furious:

Matrin Henry SFA.png

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

is that all, no other comment ?

because most victims firstly want an admission of guilt and an apology then  secondly some recompense for the failings. I think a public apology is certainly required where any internal investigation finds guilt but I don’t think every last details of someone’s trauma needs to be in the public eye.

There are other comments but the fact you think that the club should potentially enforce an NDA to victims of abuse is one that I explicitly wanted an answer to and didn't want it lost in the shuffle. The idea we would gag someone because they were abused by an employee of the club is utterly reprehensible so I was curious to hear the logic behind it.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The SFA doing an investigation on child abuse is like marking your own homework. Scotland is a corrupt country in the heads of politics, law and now sport.

As far as I know, we fired Neely and reported the incident(s) to the victims father who was a policeman. Muddying Rangers in these dirty waters in this report is wrong but so typical.

If I need to educate myself on this horrific subject, I will read the brilliant work done by the boys at Spotlight and not from our forum apologist.

Utterly laughable.

17 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Maybe I'm wrong but there were quotes from multiple outlets regarding an email sent to his solicitor:

“The company which owned Rangers Football Club … which you refer to as owing duties of care to your client will have been the company then called The Rangers Football Club PLC and now called RFC 2012 Limited.

“That company is currently in liquidation but we do have the liquidators’ contact details and can provide that.”

Unless the club refuted it's accuracy??

I think it probably goes back to the insurers (of that time) to pay out if wrong doing occurred regardless of a company going under or not. I’m thinking along the lines of insurers paying out on historic asbestos claims for companies who stopped trading a long time ago.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We did fire him but let him go without telling everyone why , we also wished him well in the club newspaper,  we also allowed him to have a physio table in his office - who the fuck at the club said yes to this ? Because they need to be explaining themselves 

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

We did fire him but let him go without telling everyone why , we also wished him well in the club newspaper,  we also allowed him to have a physio table in his office - who the fuck at the club said yes to this ? Because they need to be explaining themselves 

So football teams came to us for a reference wasn’t informed why he was sacked? Why do you think he never again coached at a high level?

We do have questions to answer but none of them is for enabling child abuse and that’s the difference between normal football teams and the paedo football team. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

So football teams came to us for a reference wasn’t informed why he was sacked? Why do you think he never again coached at a high level?

We do have questions to answer but none of them is for enabling child abuse and that’s the difference between normal football teams and the paedo football team. 

Bold - that's all guesswork , how would anyone know if we were ever contacted for references, 

Maybe he found somewhere outwith football with access to kids 

Why was he allowed to have a physio table in his office ? That's a major question which needs answered,  what reason was given for him needing it , who authorised it ?

Chris McLaughlin needs his hard drive checked as well. He done an article and never actually named celtic football club in but mentioned us, Hibs and Partick Thistle.

celtic football club who are the biggest sporting institution to molest and rape kids.

We should, as a club take on any recommendations and independently investigate/review our actions during any part in our history that child abuse may have occurred by an individual. We have a duty of care to protect any young person that comes through our club and if there were any failings on our part we should apologise for this and take appropriate action to compensate or support any victim.

We need to take the lead on this and not hide behind legalities like Celtic are doing. If upon our own investigations we have any concerns over items within that SFA report then we can address it then.

Even if it's an isolated singular act of one individual under our employment on one child then it's one act too many and needs to be dealt with appropriately.

This isn't about point scoring and it should only be about the victims and preventing anything happening again in the future in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Bold - that's all guesswork , how would anyone know if we were ever contacted for references, 

Maybe he found somewhere outwith football with access to kids 

Why was he allowed to have a physio table in his office ? That's a major question which needs answered,  what reason was given for him needing it , who authorised it ?

We didn’t know he was a paedo, why wouldn’t he get it? My first thought wouldn’t be that it was to abuse kids. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If your issue is what I'm posting rather than the allegations of the boys in the review and Rangers' handling of it, you are focusing in completely the wrong place.

Jesus fuck. Can't believe I actually have to fucking say that.

The SFA have tried to steer the attention away from one specific club and make it a country-wide problem. You are doing the exact same thing in this thread.

The article mentions our club first and only their organization as a boys club despite the worldwide knowledge that they ran a paedophile ring. As a blogger, you would think that is what would piss you off.

But carry on slurring the Rangers name until midnight and beyond. Sometimes you are your worst enemy.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If your issue is what I'm posting rather than the allegations of the boys in the review and Rangers' handling of it, you are focusing in completely the wrong place.

Jesus fuck. Can't believe I actually have to fucking say that.

I’ve not read the report so can you tell me if there is actual evidence that abuse took place at Rangers? 

If there is then I hope we take the initiative on this and offer an apology and compo.

Archived