Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

Bad Robot

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Bold - that's all guesswork , how would anyone know if we were ever contacted for references, 

Maybe he found somewhere outwith football with access to kids 

That's all guesswork so you followed it up with more guesswork.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The SFA have tried to steer the attention away from one specific club and make it a country-wide problem. You are doing the exact same thing in this thread.

The article mentions our club first and only their organization as a boys club despite the worldwide knowledge that they ran a paedophile ring. As a blogger, you would think that is what would piss you off.

But carry on slurring the Rangers name until midnight and beyond. Sometimes you are your worst enemy.

I agree with that but I also think our club needs to face the abhorrent incidents that witnesses have put forward. Leave the peado club to do what they do with their football authorities. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Yes we did, and we continue to this day to deny any responsibility & refuse to engage with victims, their lawyers or CSA charities. It’s a fucking disgrace.

So how should they handle unsubstantiated claims. They can’t investigate themselves surely, they sent him to the legal company that was responsible at the time to allow for an investigation. I’d hope they would take full responsibility for the outcome but it must be investigated.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

I agree with that but I also think our club needs to face the abhorrent incidents that witnesses have put forward. Leave the peado club to do what they do with their football authorities. 

I hope we do and that you are right. We need to be on the forefront of that article. If we are guilty, and I'm not convinced we are (we fired him and reported it to the victim's father, a policeman) then we need to be the first to make amends. 

They can't apologize (and never would) because of 21 pending court cases.

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He was sacked. The line in the Rangers News was also made. 

Aye. I don't doubt he was sacked tbf. Everything (including other comments in the evidence) very much back that up. It's the actions (or lack thereof) that we took from the moment he was sacked onwards that are problematic.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I hope we do and that you are right. We need to be on the forefront of that article. If we are guilty, and I'm not convinced we are (we fired him and reported it to the victim's father, a policeman) then we need to be the first to make amends. 

The Apology (Scotland) Act 2016 however explicitly removes any perceived impediment to issuing an apology as such an apology “is not admissible as evidence of anything relevant to the determination of liability in connection with that matter, and cannot be used in any other way to the prejudice of the person by or on behalf of whom the apology was made”.

They added this in for their paedo club to do so. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Aye. I don't doubt he was sacked tbf. Everything (including other comments in the evidence) very much back that up. It's the actions (or lack thereof) that we took from the moment he was sacked onwards that are problematic.

The inquiry is wrong then, they said he was dismissed immediately. 

10 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I’ve not read the report so can you tell me if there is actual evidence that abuse took place at Rangers? 

If there is then I hope we take the initiative on this and offer an apology and compo.

Only the victims' and witness statements

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The SFA have tried to steer the attention away from one specific club and make it a country-wide problem. You are doing the exact same thing in this thread.

The article mentions our club first and only their organization as a boys club despite the worldwide knowledge that they ran a paedophile ring. As a blogger, you would think that is what would piss you off.

But carry on slurring the Rangers name until midnight and beyond. Sometimes you are your worst enemy.

It is a country-wide problem that reached almost every part of society. 

This report was specifically about Scottish football. It names the following clubs: 

Rangers 

Celtic

Celtic Boys Club 

Falkirk

Hamilton 

Hibs 

Motherwell 

Partick Thistle 

Hutchison Vale

Forres Mechanics

And an SFA referee 

as all having culpability and employees who abused children. 

Each organisation should now has do the right thing. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

What do you mean 'are we guilty'?

An employee of the club in a position of trust abused a child. We believed it enough to sack them for it. Ordinarily we would be bang to rights in having to pay compensation for this but we are hiding behind the newco.

The club should also at the very least be taking steps to figure out what further action it took at that time. Did it investigate whether this had been a widespread issue, did they contact Hibs etc.

Just now, ScottBF2 said:

What are you even arguing here?

That he was indeed dismissed, if the inquiry had no evidence of such they would have highlighted that. Rangers have a lot to apologise for but unlike that bastardised club we didn’t enable paedophiles to abuse children and when made aware took appropriate actions. 

Archived