Scottish football clubs urged to apologise for historical child sex abuse

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopped reading when the first name mentioned is Rangers  Fenian bastard 

The dude has on a number of occasions stated he doesn’t want to talk or write about child abuse but at every opportunity jumps in to say aye but what about Rangers  I find this a bit strange tbh 

celtic (or boys club) - 6 convicted in court of law - 35 mentions Rangers - zero convictions - 25 mentions Hibs - knew a paedo existed but informed no one. Jim McCafferty worked for Hibs too. Co

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

The dude has on a number of occasions stated he doesn’t want to talk or write about child abuse but at every opportunity jumps in to say aye but what about Rangers 

I find this a bit strange tbh 

I blocked that tit when he got on my nerves with the awarding the league /null and void patter last season.

Sunglasses Ron likes this

Assuming I've read it correctly, the inquiry reports the abuse of 3 boys by a youth coach at Rangers. In 2 of the cases Rangers were not informed and so were obviously not aware. The other case Rangers were made aware of and the coach was sacked. Rangers say that they contacted the police.  No fuckin excuses...We should apologise now and pay compensation to the 3 boys !! A few other points,  why are there only 2 coaches and few cases mentioned at that other club ? Is it due to the forthcoming civil cases ? Or is it a whitewash by the SFA and their author ? 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not wished him well in an official club publication for a start.

If that’s all you’ve got then your answer is nothing, nothing could of been done differently. 

They dismissed him immediately to then claim they covered up the reason for doing so solely because of a small insignificant extract claiming he left rather than being dismissed is not credible. 

Heshootshescores likes this
8 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

He’s right though 

How is he right? As I said previously the Rangers news probably had no knowledge of why he was leaving and if he hadn’t been charged with any offence the club couldn’t actually have ripped into him. Was he sacked,who sacked him,were police notified,if so what was the outcome,no cunt knows the answers especially our token apologist dude,just don’t bring the scum into i

Just now, BLUEDIGNITY said:

They have spun it to do as little damage as they can to the biggest perpetrators and spread it amongst others to deflect from them. 

They can’t even bring themselves to conclude that Torbett is a peadophile despite his convictions. Mr Campbells allegations are “alleged” forgetting the fact that a court has proven them. 

They Gnu and BLUEDIGNITY like this

Rangers need to apologise , the kids were part of our family. Neely came in and used his powers to abuse them. And if compensation is to be paid it must be done with immediate effect. Most of us of a certain age played at clubs whether professional or amateur and there were predators lurking , I’m just grateful all the teams I was with I never encountered any but did hear stories as I got older of abuse happening. 

41 minutes ago, Dickie said:

How is he right? As I said previously the Rangers news probably had no knowledge of why he was leaving and if he hadn’t been charged with any offence the club couldn’t actually have ripped into him. Was he sacked,who sacked him,were police notified,if so what was the outcome,no cunt knows the answers especially our token apologist dude,just don’t bring the scum into i

According to the victim, Neely was sacked, but he also says it was lies that the police were informed, and the police themselves can produce no record of it. Shocking!

28 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Learned a lesson in life in 1956 when along with another 8 kids we were smashing windows in an old building, when an older kid decided it was agood idea to set the building on fire.
Ended up being chased by the police and being 6 years old i was easy caught.
Got taken home and sitting in front of my Da i refused to say who i was with.
To which plod said if you fly with the crows you get shot with the crows.
My Da told them it was the biggest load of shite he had ever heard,and that if i told them who it was then my life would be a misery.
He told them that i would go to court for my part of smashing one window,and what happens to the rest would be down to them.
The moral of the story is that each case will have to be judged on it's own merit,and this attempt to collectively shame everybody is a whitewash aimed at aleviating any punishment the that lot should receive,and no other reason.

6 or 16 years old?

13 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

I don't think it bothers him very much most of the time.

Anyway J,how's things with yerself and the family?

Not bad my man, cage comes off in 9 weeks, nearly a year its been on!

Family are all good thanks.

Bit of physio and I'm all good 👍 

10 minutes ago, Billyblueblood said:

According to the victim, Neely was sacked, but he also says it was lies that the police were informed, and the police themselves can produce no record of it. Shocking!

Why would there be a fecord of it if he wasn’t charged with anything 

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

If that’s all you’ve got then your answer is nothing, nothing could of been done differently. 

They dismissed him immediately to then claim they covered up the reason for doing so solely because of a small insignificant extract claiming he left rather than being dismissed is not credible. 

Background checks, contacted the SFA and other professional clubs to ensure he didn't work in football again. Maintained a record of complaint to the police.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Background checks, contacted the SFA and other professional clubs to ensure he didn't work in football again. Maintained a record of complaint to the police.

there’s no excuse for doing nothing but modern practices like you listed were probably uncommon 30 years ago