Rangers announce new app & Free Ibrox WiFi

ScottBF2

• ScottBF2 changed the title to Rangers announce new app & Free Ibrox WiFi

The whole Push notifications to your phone  for team news, goals and half-time and full-time scores seems interesting.

Interesting too they want you to allow proximity sensor on the app, basically i would suspect to know when you are in or around Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t see the point in it. Downloaded it and it looks nice but I rarely use the official website so I don’t see why I would use this either. Deleted again

Most Clubs have these kind of things nowadays.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t see the point in it. Downloaded it and it looks nice but I rarely use the official website so I don’t see why I would use this either. Deleted again

That's them got your details now mate, they'll be listening to your every word.

Good job you'd never say anything derogatory. 

Nothing but praise from me. Like many others I don't use the website. Will download the app to give them traffic and numbers however the big positive for me is the free stadium WiFi. We have badly needed that and the club have listened. Possibly opens up the prospect of POS availability for people to use their cards instead of cash and raised footfall and match day income. (The amount of times I've only had my bank card and been choking for a £25 bottle of irn bru)

Email-Header-Low6-RangersPicks.jpg

The official Rangers FC app is now available to download worldwide from the Apple and Google Play stores.

Play Rangers Picks for free Rangers.co.uk/Rangers-picks

—————

From exclusive content, galleries, to browsing the club store, the app will bring the club to your fingertips and ensure supporters remain up to date with everything happening at Ibrox. 

Developed by Yinzcam, the app will also provide fans with the opportunity to win a share of £1,000 cash prize during every match throughout the 2020-21 season via the brand-new Rangers Picks game created by Low6.

The exclusive game allows fans to compete on a peer-vs-peer basis to predict the outcome of match events, including the number of goals, assists, shots on goal, corners and much more. Fans can enter via the Glasgow Rangers FC official club app or via www.rangerspicks.com.

To play, supporters simply answer a handful of questions ahead of kick-off for a chance to win a share of a £1,000 cash, with the winners determined by a live leaderboard.

Low6 Commercial Director, Chris Hector, said: “Low6 are delighted to be working with Rangers, and being part of club Digital Transformation plan is very exciting.

The club engagement app is a great platform for fans, and includes our interactive ‘Rangers Picks’ game.

‘Rangers Picks’ gives fans the opportunity to test their skills by predicting various outcomes of every Rangers match (home, away and in Europe), and compete to finish top of the match day leaderboard.

A fun Pick’em styled game that adds to the excitement of the match”

Rangers Director of Commercial & Marketing, James Bisgrove, added: “We are delighted to be releasing our new official fan app, which coincides with the installation of free Wi-Fi at Ibrox stadium, through our innovative partnership with Low6 (who have developed the ‘Rangers Picks’ game).’’

“The new app represents a further milestone in the digital transformation as we approach our 150th anniversary year. This is another example of the significant progression at Rangers and we look forward to supporters enjoying the connected stadia environment upon their return to Ibrox in the near future.’’

Co-Founder of Low6, Jamie Mitchell, explained: “Low6 are delighted to be working alongside Rangers to launch a state of the art fan engagement app via our partners Yinzcam, which includes our exciting Rangers Picks game.

“Rangers Picks will give fans the chance to pick the outcomes for every Rangers match, such as will a player score, how many goals will Rangers score, how many tackles will be made and many more Rangers related questions.

“Fans will be pitting their wits not against the bookie but other fans, with the objective to top the live leaderboard and win cash prizes.”

Josh Turk, Chief Marketing Officer of Low6, added: “Low6 is seeing exponential growth with clubs and sports franchises globally due to the fan-friendly nature of ‘pickem’ games. We are ecstatic to be working with Rangers FC and to be launching the Rangers Picks game. There are no odds to worry about, just make your free picks based on your knowledge and off you go.”

The new Glasgow Rangers FC app is available via the Apple App Store for iOS and Google Play Store for Android.

Check out Rangers Picks to learn more

*18+. T&Cs apply. Please play responsibly. www.begambleaware.org.

So basically any issues with the app i would use the Yinzcam Contact us Page - Contact Us

Low6 seems to be the provider for the Rangers Picks Game.

Just noticed this minor issue on the Teams page for Scott Wright on the club website, Also no picture for Jack Simpson yet! - Noticed it via the app first and then checked the website.

343085998_Untitled-Copy.thumb.png.6c14a398f3a59e02a6c040e92d78d482.png

Seems whoever uploaded the image, forgot to use the pen tool in order to cut around Scott Wright and make it flow with the rest of the player images, must of been an apprentice!

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Nothing but praise from me. Like many others I don't use the website. Will download the app to give them traffic and numbers however the big positive for me is the free stadium WiFi. We have badly needed that and the club have listened. Possibly opens up the prospect of POS availability for people to use their cards instead of cash and raised footfall and match day income. (The amount of times I've only had my bank card and been choking for a £25 bottle of irn bru)

I remember reading awhile back that we had a Payments Provider called Sporting Pay and they was the ones supplying all the point of sales systems in ibrox in order for us to finally go contact-less, I am sure that aspect will be complete by now, not sure though!

see here - https://www.Rangers.co.uk/article/Rangers-announce-sporting-pay-as-partner/1zdN7Q7Ics3zcM3mei54X

Had the app for a few weeks now, its been available on PlayStore for awhile & has worked pretty well for me.

The info you get during the game is pretty good.

Most clubs now have an app so it's just another step forward in taking the club into the future.

22 minutes ago, Ace said:

Had the app for a few weeks now, its been available on PlayStore for awhile & has worked pretty well for me.

The info you get during the game is pretty good.

Most clubs now have an app so it's just another step forward in taking the club into the future.

The Developers of the Club app do NFL,NBA, La Liga Teams etc. -

Remember Rangers first foray into apps was it not something like Virtual Rangers from around 2012-2013?

I know a lot of the sections under the more tab are basically, just pulling info from the main site, but you would think they could of removed the additional header and sign on from within the actual website from these pages. - due to it can get slightly confusing having to sign into the app originally and then having the sign on icon on them pages.

Archived