Dilemma Gerrard could be facing!

Orange and Blue

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Still no reason to mock others fan perspective 

where have i mocked their perspectives?

just saying we are 18 points clear and we need to relax and enjoy it!! 

remember how far we came in last 9 years mate

13 hours ago, Smile said:

The leagues what its about Europe means nothing to me.

But that a ridiculously short sighted view. The league is done. An extended run in Europe could bring three things, financial income, potential automatic CL place for next seasons Champions & make Rangers seeded for the CL qualifier next season. 

2 season of back to back CL participation would, if the money is used effectively, likely see us dominate the league for a number of seasons. 

A sheer focus on one domestic achievement has worked very well for celtic this season? 

If we get to the last 16 it'll be 11th March when we would play, by that time we've played 4 more league games, we'll know by that stage whether the league has been more or less won or there is still a lot to do, only then would that effect whether we focus more on the league.

Let's just win fucking everything

1 hour ago, MK Dumfries said:

Europe is by far the most important thing , the leagues done. Nobody outside Scotland gives a hoot about our shite league anyway, a club as big as ours should be dominating on the European stage. 

This 100%.  The league is done!!!!!

If we can’t have a go in Europe with this cushion and celtic in melt down then we might as well chuck it.  
Beat Antwerp and we can begin to dream!!!

29 minutes ago, Number5 said:

If we get to the last 16 it'll be 11th March when we would play, by that time we've played 4 more league games, we'll know by that stage whether the league has been more or less won or there is still a lot to do, only then would that effect whether we focus more on the league.

Let's just win fucking everything

That’s the Rangers way!

11 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

It’s the 11th of February and we’re unbeaten in Europe and domestically.

just putting that out there for the spastics 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any other season going back for decades now you'd bite someones hand off for that pre-season.

Now we're so traumatised by what's happened in recent years that we can't see it for what it is.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

But that a ridiculously short sighted view. The league is done. An extended run in Europe could bring three things, financial income, potential automatic CL place for next seasons Champions & make Rangers seeded for the CL qualifier next season. 

2 season of back to back CL participation would, if the money is used effectively, likely see us dominate the league for a number of seasons. 

A sheer focus on one domestic achievement has worked very well for celtic this season? 

This. 

Curious what folk would think if we prioritised the already won league this season, got fucked in the Europa League, just missed a better coefficient for CL qualifiers, missed the CL after a hard qualifier, missed tens of millions, and had to downsize next season, allowing sellic a door back in.

Europe is essential, and with the coefficient system every European season, and every European game, matters. That's aside from the millions a run this season will bring in a season that we're bleeding cash because of Covid. There's a very real risk that going out early because you've prioritised elsewhere can have a snowball effect. 

We're already struggling to break even ffs. If you want to outspend the mhanks, you need the income. You can't stay ahead of them whilst having a lesser income than them forever.

Giving the league priority, especially when it's already won, is stupidity tbh.

If we were to fuck the league up and then somehow win the europa league. I would expect Gerrard to be sacked.

Thats how much winning 55 this season means to me and i'd expect pelters normally for that comment above but there is not a fucking hope in hell we aint winning the league, but then i'd like us to go unbeaten in the league. SO europe still plays 2nd fiddle for me.

There is no fucking dilemma. In over 65 years following Rangers I have never heard such a load of shite. We expect to win every game, league, cups in Scotland, whatever European competition we are in. If Gerard plays a weakened team in Europe because of the League then he is not a worthy Rangers' manager Fortunately, I do not think his mind works that way.

Just imagine the stick some fans who suggest Europe is not important would give out if we played badly and lost to Antwerp. 

We play every game to win,its all about momentum and consistency.

I would also suggest we don't mess around with the team in any game at this stage of the season after what we saw at Hamilton

Archived