Would Gerrard leave us if Klopp left Liverpool?

CR3

3 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

The two biggest threats are:

1. Liverpool fail to qualify for the CL.

2. Klopp leaves for personal reasons.

Liverpool now under serious pressure to qualify for the CL. Given the injury crisis with Fabinho now crocked, at least short term it will be a challenge.  Whilst injuries have played a part the owners might expect that the players that are available should be more than capable of securing a top 4 finish.   Failure on this count might be put down to poor management and Klopp gets pushed.

Klopp is a people person who revels in interaction with the fans which has been denied.  He recently lost his mother and has been unable to attend her funeral.  He is also faced with sourcing replacements for several players in the summer which will be a bigger ask without CL football.  He has also publicly stated that he is exhausted and the combination of all these may result in him walking.

If Klopp resigns or is dismissed (less likely option) and SG gets the call he may have to balance the prospect of CL football with Rangers or EL football with Liverpool.  He would also have to consider that he may never get another chance if he turned down an approach.   

With the greatest of respect bud he took over us at a low ebb to prove himself....I doubt very much he would knock back Liverpool in the Europa league because we were in the champions league....I love what Gerrard has done for us on the European stage but most importantly stopping 10iar....when he goes it will be on good terms from this Bluenose 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

With the greatest of respect bud he took over us at a low ebb to prove himself....I doubt very much he would knock back Liverpool in the Europa league because we were in the champions league....I love what Gerrard has done for us on the European stage but most importantly stopping 10iar....when he goes it will be on good terms from this Bluenose 

Exactly the same feeling the man will be a hero I also think when he leaves our club will always be with him. He gets Rangers and I love that about him above anything. 

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Exactly the same feeling the man will be a hero I also think when he leaves our club will always be with him. He gets Rangers and I love that about him above anything. 

Kirk it's very often that you make sense bud but on this occasion you are spot on:lol:

The whole he gets Rangers is massive....he probably got his eyes opened at how big an institution we are....he will go back to Liverpool but a large part of him will be Rangers 

I really can't see klopp leaving just now. 

However if he were to go and the gaffer is offered the job I think he would find it very difficult to turn Down.

If and when he goes he will leave a hero regardless. 

59 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Liverpool come for Gerrard tomorrow he's away ffs it's no even a debate. 

I also think he will be the next manager hopefully it's years down the line but klopp is in deep bother this season. 

Anyone that watched his dortmund team nearer the end of his time am seeing similar at Liverpool 

All there issues are not because VVD is injured 

That’s exactly the point I think. IF Liverpool came for him he’d be off.

However if they didn’t go after him, especially at this point in his career and Liverpool situation I don’t think he’d go for it at this moment and throw his hat into the ring. 

I think it depends on whether Liverpool want him at the minute or not

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Genuinely Gerrard could leave for Liverpool at the end of the season with my blessing 

Guys a legend now and that’s it

Agreed, but I honestly don't believe he's in any rush, maybe Ian (see what I did there).  He's only just getting started here.  🙂

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Genuinely Gerrard could leave for Liverpool at the end of the season with my blessing 

Guys a legend now and that’s it

Not sure if you were trolling 3yr ago but you were against Gerrard being boss.....I remember you claiming he could win the Europa league and it would not matter a jot if he never won the league in his first season :lol:

Seriously....I think he is a good manager....to come back from last seasons capitulation, to turn it around to stop 10iar is beyond all expectations 

Think it’s too early for him to move there but how could he ever refuse? could you turn down the opportunity to work at Rangers? imagine you were a player/manager and your club came calling. You’d fucking jump at the opportunity.

no way is he turning down the Liverpool job…unless they’ve told him it’s his whenever he’s ready. He is a Liverpool legend so I suppose that could be the case. Even if he isn’t ready now I guess they’d offer it to him at any point he feels up for it

lets not kid ourselves on…he is here to get the experience needed to eventually go to Liverpool. we all know he’s gonna leave here and when that time comes he will leave a Rangers legend/hero and I’m sure with all of our best wishes. We need to enjoy whatever time he spends here.

Exactly guys, we need to enjoy him while he’s here, and that includes posting “fuck off” or “he’s shite” twenty times in a row in every match thread and telling him to “fuck off back down to Liverpool” when we aren’t winning

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Not sure if you were trolling 3yr ago but you were against Gerrard being boss.....I remember you claiming he could win the Europa league and it would not matter a jot if he never won the league in his first season :lol:

Seriously....I think he is a good manager....to come back from last seasons capitulation, to turn it around to stop 10iar is beyond all expectations 

I wasn’t trolling 3 years ago when I was against his appointment, I was completely and utterly against us getting somebody with zero experience managing a first team at a club desperate to win their league. Actually near this time last year I was looking him gone too because domestically the team had shat the bed for the second year running

Not sure where that Europa League comment comes from and it sounds ridiculous so I’d like to see the actual context of that quote if it exists 

It's possible l Liverpool have fell off a cliff. Awful football and results.

He shouldn't take it though. The team is full of 30 year old needing replaced It's a huge job. The fans will love these players and would be happy if he got rid of most of them.

Liverpool have run out of gas this season. Too many games over too long a period, what with the champs league finals etc. I don't think anyone would really blame klopp for that. I'd imagine he'd be there at least into next season, but perhaps if the bad run continues it could change then.

Archived