Would Gerrard leave us if Klopp left Liverpool?

CR3

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think anyone would be surprised by that and there is no doubt he is being groomed for that role in future. I don’t think Klopp is going anywhere soon though. He’s a relatively young manager himself and Liverpool’s form this season is as much down to some appalling injury luck as anything else with long-term injuries in key positions. While we are on the brink we still haven’t won anything. Once some trophies are in the bag and we have not just Europa league but Champion's League experience I feel it is more realistic that he will be touted for that job. It would be hard to begrudge him that move eventually. I’d be more irritated if he left to go to a side like Villa or something. The press will enjoy bringing it up to unsettle him though. 

7 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Of course, but I’m not sure Liverpool would go with him at the moment.

I’d hope Liverpool keep Klopp, it’s possible he’ll quit though.

There's a big difference playing man utd., man city, Chelsea than Killie, st mirren and Hamilton. Gerrard's doing well but he still has his flaws and his record last season would destroy a club in the premiership

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Why do people think Liverpool would want Gerrard at the helm? Ex players managing the club they played for hasn't worked out too well for most down south

Exactly. To be blunt, the only time you go for a club legend with little experience at the helm is if you're desperate. I just don't see Fenway resorting to that at this moment in time. 

Let SG win a few trophies and showcase his craft in Champions League then clubs like Liverpool might consider him.

When Liverpool come calling then Gerrard is off. Just a fact of life.

However I think that is at least 2 years away.

We have to realise that we only have Gerrard on loan.

Whenever that sad day comes around he will go with our heartfelt thanks for all he has done.

Just now, Marco said:

Exactly. To be blunt, the only time you go for a club legend with little experience at the helm is if you're desperate. I just don't see Fenway resorting to that at this moment in time. 

Let SG win a few trophies and showcase his craft in Champions League then clubs like Liverpool might consider him.

To be fair to the OP he asked would Gerrard leave if asked but part of me thinks he might not want the pressure. Look what management did to McCoist in the eyes of fans.

When he goes,he'll go with most Rangers fans blessing for the wonderful legacy,not to mention the substantial cheque it would currently take to free him and his team from their current contracts . But it is premature to talk of Klopp's departure. He has a squad with no centre halfs, due to injury,and is arguably the best football manager in the world.

1 minute ago, Heshootshescores said:

When he goes,he'll go with most Rangers fans blessing for the wonderful legacy,not to mention the substantial cheque it would currently take to free him and his team from their current contracts . But it is premature to talk of Klopp's departure. He has a squad with no centre halfs, due to injury,and is arguably the best football manager in the world.

Always said that if he gets us a title he's done enough. I was sceptical of him coming in and his lack of experience has cost us at times but he's showing his capabilities now. When he leaves I'll be sorry to see him go but wish him all the best. If he is serious about being a manager though then I think we'll have him for a good few years so he can keep having a go at European football.

Yes, of course he would.

We need to be realistic, we are a massive club in an average league. Any quality ambitious manager will want to manage in a better league.

And he'd potentially leave for any of the better clubs in the Premiership, not just Liverpool.

But when he does go, does he take the full management team and coaches with him? Will Ross Wilson go with him too? What will be left?

The board need to have a continuation plan in place, like when Souness left, we need to be able to build on what we have and not be ripping it up and starting again.

14 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

If they actively seeked him out yes. 

If the manager’s job is up for grabs I don’t believe he’d throw his hat in the ring just yet. 

At this moment I think Liverpool expect more success. He’d be mental to go just now and basically expect to build a brand new forward line considering the age of the front 3. 

He’ll probably give it another 2-3 years before he considers it and hopefully in that time he’s won multiple trophies here

2 x 28 year olds and a 29 year old hardly  needs emergency action. They have another 3 or 4 years minimum in them

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

2 x 28 year olds and a 29 year old hardly  needs emergency action. They have another 3 or 4 years minimum in them

The whole Firmino role is diminishing quite quickly, they need to move to the next level in that role and I’d be very surprised if both Mane and Salah were still there for next season. One will go I think. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

The whole Firmino role is diminishing quite quickly, they need to move to the next level in that role and I’d be very surprised if both Mane and Salah were still there for next season. One will go I think. 

Very possibly but I doubt it will be age related. More likely looking to cash in to sign another big name as the tight-fisted owner is hardly likely to splash out.

I can’t believe their net spend in recent years is about 15 - 20 % of City’s. What did they do with the CL and Title winning money?

55 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

He is a good manager but this season has hamstrung him. Not only missing all 3  first choice central defenders but using 2 first choice midfielders out of position to replace them. I’m surprised they’re still in top 4.

Gerrard would go there in a heartbeat though as he would be worried they never came back for him if he said no

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Because he's not won enough trophies yet. 

Agree with this, he's good, he's not great yet.

Despite all the wins this season, some have been ground out and that's against the bottom 6. Compare our bottom 6 to the premierships and think how games would go 

Archived