Would Gerrard leave us if Klopp left Liverpool?

CR3

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see Jurgen going anywhere just now, maybe the end of his contract he might. He seems to enjoy the English Premiership and loves the Liverpool fans, maybe that is what he is missing more just now, even in Germany he thrived offĀ the fans emotions.

I know the death of his mum did not help this week but think the poor form is more down to the injuries of players. Salah is still top for the Golden Boot so he is doing something right, it is defence and midfield that is chronic. We can empathise with that over our years since 2012.

The gaffer would obviously go if asked by the Liverpool board but heĀ is learning his trade up here in management against a hostile football environment, that is building some managerial steel into him and he seems to learn and thrive fromĀ it, just like he did as a player.Ā 

Continuing with us until Klopp leaves/sacked or the end of his contract with European experience under his belt and trophies (plural hopefully) is a great reason to stay for now.

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

I donā€™t think anyone would be surprised by that and there is no doubt he is beingĀ groomed for that role in future. I donā€™t think Klopp is going anywhere soon though. Heā€™s a relatively young manager himself andĀ Liverpoolā€™s form this season is as much down to some appalling injury luck as anything else with long-term injuries in key positions. WhileĀ we are on the brink we still havenā€™t won anything. Once some trophies are in the bag and we have not just Europa league but Champion's League experience I feel it is more realistic that he will be touted for that job. It would be hard to begrudge him that move eventually. Iā€™d be more irritated if he left to go to a side like Villa or something. The press will enjoy bringing it up to unsettle him though.Ā 

Wish I had read your post first before having to type my shiteĀ :cheers:

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

To be fair to the OP he asked would Gerrard leave if asked but part of me thinks he might not want the pressure. Look what management did to McCoist in the eyes of fans.

As recently as December he was still describing it as a dream. It's a possibility that the pressure gets too much, but I'd still back him to take their job in an instant. McIness knocked us back as the pressure of managing a club that expects victory was too much for him - SG accepted that challenge. He was captain for Liverpool, and England at points too. Hell, the pressure the English media puts their national team under is crazy. SG seems to be someoneĀ who's seized the opportunities he's been given and handled the pressure that they bring. If the day comes that Liverpool offer him the job I don't think pressure will be on his mind at all.

McCoist's a fair comparison, but there was a lot going at the club off the field during his reign that was even more important than what was happening on the field. Think it's fair to say quite a few Bears can handle McCoist being a poor manager without it souring their view of the player. What did impact my view (and other's) of him was the contract situation and how he chose to leave. Hard to imagine any SG would experience similar.

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

I donā€™t think anyone would be surprised by that and there is no doubt he is beingĀ groomed for that role in future. I donā€™t think Klopp is going anywhere soon though. Heā€™s a relatively young manager himself andĀ Liverpoolā€™s form this season is as much down to some appalling injury luck as anything else with long-term injuries in key positions. WhileĀ we are on the brink we still havenā€™t won anything. Once some trophies are in the bag and we have not just Europa league but Champion's League experience I feel it is more realistic that he will be touted for that job. It would be hard to begrudge him that move eventually. Iā€™d be more irritated if he left to go to a side like Villa or something. The press will enjoy bringing it up to unsettle him though.Ā 

By key positions you mean centre back.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Longer Klopp stays the better, itā€™s brilliant seeing him act like the greeting faced cunt he is.

12 hours ago, Nelson loyal said:

Mate we will be lucky to get 1 more year from Gerrard imo , his stock is rising and if he gets us into the group stages next year he will have his pick of jobs throughout EuropeĀ  because of his name.Ā 

Would love him to stay for 4 or 5 years but its just not going to happen sadly.Ā 

No chance he's here for much longer but I'd be disappointed if he wasn't the one to get us back into the group stages. If we win the league next year it's straight entry so he can leave after 56.Ā 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I wasnā€™t trolling 3 years ago when I was against his appointment, I was completely and utterly against us getting somebody with zero experience managing a first team at a club desperate to win their league. Actually near this time last year I was looking him gone too because domestically the team had shat the bed for the second year running

Not sure where thatĀ Europa League comment comes from and it sounds ridiculous so Iā€™dĀ like to see the actual context of that quote if it existsĀ 

I'm assuming you were at it....you said if he didn't win the league in his first season he should be sacked....I counter claimed but what if he won the the Europa league would you still sack him....and you said yes:pipe:

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

The whole Firmino role is diminishing quite quickly, they need to move to the next level in that role and Iā€™d be very surprised if both Mane and Salah were still there for next season. One will go I think.Ā 

Salah seems to be the first one on the cards to go for Mbappe (if rumours are correct), Jota is still injured but was starting to hit his stride so the slight tweak to the Firmino role, that and the fact the midfield is fucked just now so need the wee man to run all over the place.

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

Very possibly but I doubt it will be age related. More likely looking to cash in toĀ sign another big name as the tight-fisted owner is hardly likely to splash out.

I canā€™t believe their net spend in recent years is about 15 - 20 %Ā of Cityā€™s. What did they do with the CL and Title winning money?

The mainĀ stand and buying all the houses around Anfield, finally for expansion of the stadium. A few players have come in but rarely in January.

EDIT: Forgot one more thing, building Kirkby training ground.

if he leaves us and goes to Liverpool and fails - then where does he go?

I think he knows he has a lot to learn before taking on a job in the Premiership. Agree its his dream but he'll surely know that if he fucks up there then hes not getting another club of that standard.

15 hours ago, JWAC said:

No offence to the op but i see this stuff posted everytime liverpool have a bad result. He's got plenty credit left in the bank at liverpool and would take a huge collapse for him to get sacked or leave. Gerrard isn't ready yet either and said himself he's not planning on going anywhere

You could have said the same about Ranieri with Leicester though. Wouldn't shock me if they parted ways with Klopp if their poor form continues much longer

I truly appreciate that Stevie has LFC running through his veins andĀ It must be hard for him to be without his family.

However i would also like to think that he has a wee soft spot for The Queens finest first 11.

Maybe Stevie has surprised himself as to how much managing Rangers has started to mean to him.

Hes professional,Ā  Hes a stand up guy and a fine ambassador to our great club who is managing to getĀ our house back in order

The day will eventually comeĀ when he moves on, but i hope he will forever have in his heart a soft spot for us, as we have a soft spot for him.Ā 

When Stevie does leave i would like to think that we as Rangers fans would give him a great send off and thank him for the work he has managed to do at our great club.

image.thumb.png.671b7dd234e66718d37c4b33d7b5cb20.png

WATP

In Stevie we trust

NS!

I think Klopp will be given time and next season at leastĀ to right this seasons wrongs just like Pep with Man City after last season . like Pep he has done enough previously to afford one bad season.Ā 
Ā 

I think gerrard will have learned LoadsĀ from his time at Ibrox whenever he does head to Anfield.Ā You watch Gerrards interviews about his playing days and he RegularlyĀ admits that as a club Liverpool never had the mentality to believe they were better or deserved to be ahead of Man Utd and latterly Man City Even when they had teams more than capable of competing for the title . Compared to when he came here and probably at our lowest ebb everyone at the club Still left him in no doubts where we truly belonged . That attitude is what I believe he will try and take away from his time at Ibrox and Instill at anfieldĀ Ā . Hopefully after title 57 or 58.Ā 

Archived