***** The Official Royal Antwerp v Rangers Match Thread *****

G.E.C.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘This is a side that have shown again and again and again that they just do not know how to lose”

‘Quote from the 92/93 season and whilst I don’t think we can say we are at that level there is some real character in this squad. Absolutely outstanding.

2 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

Never saw the whole game - tuned in when it was 3-2 & I thought we will get them at home and WTF !!!!

Still can not believe we won 3-4 - no wonder you are all knackered watching this game- I was knackered watching the last 10 mins.

Tbh I was the same. Thought ok one goal deficit but two away goals. Shame on me for doubting this Rangers side. 

Strange game, they were the most 'scottish' type of side I think we've played in Europe, physical, constant niggly fouls mixed with cynical old fashioned hacking. Outwith 3 or 4 defensive cock ups they didn't look like creating anything but what we can get away with in Scotland we'll get punished for at this level. But we offered far more of an attacking threat and I'd expect us to put a few past them at Ibrox. 

Archived