COVID Breach

falkirkNS

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

People seem to be confused in this thread.

The vast majority couldn’t care less if a few young people break covid guidelines and visit friends. It’s when the young people doing it have an impact on Rangers.

Covid guidelines are nonsense as it is, even though i work in close contact with 30 other people from different households, i cant have anythem up at my gaff 

6 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Young folk are the biggest carriers just now, You missed out pass it on to others.You know friends, family, even random folk you don't know. That would be just fucking foolish. But then again, you suggest you know more the rest of us. 

Folk who know most are the folk at the hospital who see people come in, know the symptoms, know the suffering and know how they die from it, including colleagues. And even those who recovered and got it again. 

They are advocating that covid can be beaten - it can't. The "vaccine" doesn't beat it either. The lockdown strategy is there to cover the NHS failings In that they don't have the capacity for a pandemic. 

Do you want this to continue for another few years? People will die, sad but true, theres no stopping that though.mental health crisis is through the roof and that will only get worse when this is over and the focus shifts to that

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

None of the players are first team regulars. Players weren't in yesterday. 

Yet we're dealing with this differently than the Edmundson/Jones situation, which was the same as this (as far as we know) 

Edmundson/Jones were suspended by now, would say they were more high profile than any of these players so it can't be anything like that. Why the delay from the club suspending the players? We didn't we say anything until late Sunday night & even then it was very little? Why have we still not said anything today?

Players caught were booked/fined, the club will know exactly who it is so there's no reason for any sort of delay/investigation. There's something else that's not came out yet regarding this one & hopefully it's nothing major. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Covid guidelines are nonsense as it is, even though i work in close contact with 30 other people from different households, i cant have anythem up at my gaff 

Fuck sake :lol:

Nonsense or not, they’re the guidelines and our players should be following them to the letter.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

It is a bit crazy.

Can sit and have lunch with Bassey at Auchenhowie, but not in my own flat. And married players can go back to the wife and kids, but single players can’t have a girl round.

Rules are rules though. Club agreed to them. 

What's happened to the world. People wanting young lads sacked for meeting up with other people, even though they do that all day in training, playing matches, flying abroad etc.

The rules are ridiculous. If you feel that strongly about this you shouldnt support football being played etc at the moment.. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or if they'd appeared at training today and forced other players into isolation.

What are the rules around that mate? Would close contacts at the club need to isolate purely because those 5 had been at a gathering and received penalty notices?

Or would there need to be a link to a positive test for that - i.e. one of the 10 at the gathering would need to have tested positive?

2 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Wanting people sacked when you dont know the full story is utter pish 👍

They have already been issued fixed penalty notices by the police because they got caught at a house party in a group of 10.

What could come out that is going to make that be deemed acceptable or change the story to make it favourable towards them?

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Wish folk would shut the fuck up about points deductions. It isn’t happening. 

Bottom line is the players were selfish and could have fucked 55 (worst case scenario). Utter stupidity. 

I doubt they’ll play a game for the club again, which for me is a blow as Paterson looked a player. 

People talk about consistency, but we absolutely wouldn’t be saying sack them if it was Jack, Morelos and McGregor.

The reality is it’s a business and decisions are made accordingly. Haven’t seen many EPL players sacked for their indiscretions, or even Rangers players for a long list of wild antics over the years.  

This...

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

It is a bit crazy.

Can sit and have lunch with Bassey at Auchenhowie, but not in my own flat. And married players can go back to the wife and kids, but single players can’t have a girl round.

They can if they are in a relationship with them. There's an exemption for non co-habiting couples.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

It is a bit crazy.

Its fucking ridiculous you can work with 10 randomly but can't visit family members 

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Young folk are the biggest carriers just now, You missed out pass it on to others.You know friends, family, even random folk you don't know. That would be just fucking foolish. But then again, you suggest you know more the rest of us. 

Folk who know most are the folk at the hospital who see people come in, know the symptoms, know the suffering and know how they die from it, including colleagues. And even those who recovered and got it again. 

The majority of COVID-19 infections originate from age groups 20-49.

1 minute ago, Polo said:

What are the rules around that mate? Would close contacts at the club need to isolate purely because those 5 had been at a gathering and received penalty notices?

Or would there need to be a link to a positive test for that - i.e. one of the 10 at the gathering would need to have tested positive?

Thankfully not. The 4/5 players will almost certainly have to isolate anyway as a precaution. Would need to be a link to positive test/Symptoms. Had they shown up to training and then developed symptoms in the coming days, then it would become a major shit show.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

They have already been issued fixed penalty notices by the police because they got caught at a house party in a group of 10.

What could come out that is going to make that be deemed acceptable or change the story to make it favourable towards them?

If the police are dealing with it then that should be enough on the breaking the law side. 

I am sure the club will put there stamp down and discipline the daft arses then the SFA will need to step in and hammer us and them and then we should move on from it and onto the next game.