COVID Breach

falkirkNS

Just now, DBBTB said:

On paper it’s a great idea but for arguments sake what happens if Barisic, Roofe or Morelos breach the guidelines in the future?

I can’t image tbere would be many people happy with us letting one of our most important, or valuable, players walk away for nothing.

That's the worry I've got, it happens with a bigger player. The players remaining see that the punishment is what 4 weeks wages, bad press & potentially miss some games but you'll be welcomed back once it's died down...the deterrent of Edmundson/Jones's punishment obviously wasn't strong enough if this happened again.

Other side of it is letting them back in amongst the squad for training, who's to say they don't go out and do it again except this time they don't get caught.

It's looking like we'll get away with 3 first team players suspended & not much else out of this (hopefully) however this could've potentially been a 3-0 Antwerp forfeit, beat off Dundee United with a bare bones squad & the fitness of all the players down the drain while isolating. 

The fact they got caught saved that, nothing else. 

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

On paper it’s a great idea but for arguments sake what happens if Barisic, Roofe or Morelos breach the guidelines in the future?

I can’t image there would be many people happy with us letting one of our most important, or valuable, players walk away for nothing.

There's either a zero tolerance approach to this or there isn't. 

Do we let players away with it when we could potentially run the risk of a points deduction if this carries on into next season? 

If players want to fanny about in the biggest campaign of our lives then I genuinely don't care who it is, they can get to fuck away from the club. 

Next Month again ffs!

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says the Premier League should be worried about a potential rise in coronavirus cases because of next month's international break.

World Cup qualifiers are due to take place in South America, Asia, North and Central America, and Europe, while in Africa, the final group matches of the Cup of Nations qualifiers have been arranged.

"The Premier League should be concerned about this," said Guardiola.

"The only way to be protected from this virus is to stay at home and social distance. No contact, don't travel, don't move. Now the players are going to their national teams and it is difficult afterwards to control it. So, unfortunately, something is going to rise.

"I would love to say it is not going to happen but from experience, it happened in two or three waves already. If you move, you take a risk to be contaminated."

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

An act of utter stupidity, that could have put the whole team at risk had it been followed up with a training session. It didn't, so its damage limitation. Gerrard's done his bit with the media. They take their punishment and the footballing bodies and the government issued with the findings and we now move on with minimal fuss. No point in further ruminating or any hanging parties.  

Well said

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And if Bassey and Patterson trained, travelled on the flight today, then gave a +ve test having caught it at the weekend?

They'd have been tested before flying out, and again, turnbull trained, travelled and stayed with the tarriers at Edinburgh Hotel pre hibs game, not one of them were close contact and had to isolate

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Was raging at the time but I've calmed down slightly, one thing that I have seen repeatedly on here and elsewhere is this, "they are young" shite, no excuse, my two oldest daughters are 17 and 20 , they have been invited to countless gatherings and house party's but have resisted because Mrs Wellhouse and myself have asked them not to , age has nothing to do with it, you are either a fucking moron or not. 

Maybe the club should build a La Masia thing in Easterhouse and you and the Mrs could run it.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Didn't seem to work too great for the beggars.

Julien took a flight, 4 bus trips where he sat in different seats each time, dubai was a shambolic trip with little organisation by looks of things, 

We look to have our covid protocols well drilled when it comes to transport etc

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They'd have been tested before flying out, and again, turnbull trained, travelled and stayed with the tarriers at Edinburgh Hotel pre hibs game, not one of them were close contact and had to isolate

It's a possibility they could have contracted it at the weekend but it not shown up in testing until after the flight. I'm assuming the beggars were testing regularly but still had a positive case and loads of staff and players isolated due to seating on plane.

21 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I can’t image there would be many people happy with us letting one of our most important, or valuable, players walk away for nothing.

Exactly, you’d be advertising to the whole footballing world that our players are available on a free

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Julien took a flight, 4 bus trips where he sat in different seats each time, dubai was a shambolic trip with little organisation by looks of things, 

We look to have our covid protocols well drilled when it comes to transport etc

Yeah just not the following protocols with group gatherings and increasing likelihood of infections in the week we go on European travel.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's a possibility they could have contracted it at the weekend but it not shown up in testing until after the flight. I'm assuming the beggars were testing regularly but still had a positive case and loads of staff and players isolated due to seating on plane.

I highly doubt they did any testing in dubai, or else juliens would have been caught earlier 

Track and trace go back 48hrs from either your symptoms showing or your positive result if you are asymptomatic, in juliens case it looks like they went back more because of whatever reason, hence why the bus trips to and from training were mentioned along with their flight

And again, i might be wrong but if Patterson and bassey were infected with it on sat night, and we flew out yesterday was it, they probably wouldnt be infectious at that point, and when their positive result appeared it would likely be just the guys they are bunking wirhtin Belgium, especially as they'd have shown a negative result pre flight

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah just not the following protocols with group gatherings and increasing likelihood of infections in the week we go on European travel.

Thats the players, i mean the clubs protocols will be nailed down, wont be surprised if you find plane and bus seats are the same every single journey, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats the players, i mean the clubs protocols will be nailed down, wont be surprised if you find plane and bus seats are the same every single journey, 

We don't know, we can only hope.

But if the players had trained I'm pretty sure several would have travelled. That alone increases the risk to us and is unacceptable.

It appears some want to trivialise or excuse what they've done and that's not for me. They put so much at risk and hollow apologies which will come (sorry for being caught more like) just won't cut it.

Pricks each and every one of the 5.