COVID Breach

falkirkNS

36 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Next Month again ffs!

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says the Premier League should be worried about a potential rise in coronavirus cases because of next month's international break.

World Cup qualifiers are due to take place in South America, Asia, North and Central America, and Europe, while in Africa, the final group matches of the Cup of Nations qualifiers have been arranged.

"The Premier League should be concerned about this," said Guardiola.

"The only way to be protected from this virus is to stay at home and social distance. No contact, don't travel, don't move. Now the players are going to their national teams and it is difficult afterwards to control it. So, unfortunately, something is going to rise.

"I would love to say it is not going to happen but from experience, it happened in two or three waves already. If you move, you take a risk to be contaminated."

Pep is spot on. Should go further and call for all International football to be scrapped. Utter dross. 

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

Pep is spot on. Should go further and call for all International football to be scrapped. Utter dross. 

Hopefully the league's done by then anyway, and it impacted the taigs more than us last time.

But still, as little uncertainty as possible at the moment, please!

40 minutes ago, Madina said:

Zungu - an absolute imposter. Fck knows what all those South African spammers see in him

Bassey - looked shite from the minute I saw his stupid hair. I've had nothing but contempt for him since St Mirren in the cup

Dapo - Thought 2 years ago he might make it with us. QOS is his level 

Kinnear - was never going to play a 1st team game for us

Patterson - another youngster seemingly pissing his Rangers career away. He isnt the first and wont be the last. 

All can go. None are above this club and clearly dont get our standards 

I think perhaps a bit harsh on Bassey. Yeah he was woeful in the St Mirren game but up until then he looked very promising. People were raving about him but one bad performance and all of a sudden he was shite!!

Still, he’s blown it now. 

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We don't know, we can only hope.

But if the players had trained I'm pretty sure several would have travelled. That alone increases the risk to us and is unacceptable.

It appears some want to trivialise or excuse what they've done and that's not for me. They put so much at risk and hollow apologies which will come (sorry for being caught more like) just won't cut it.

Pricks each and every one of the 5.

Ive not once trivialised or excused them, but people are also coming up with wild results to their breach

St mirren, killie, tarriers, hibs and ourselves have all had both breaches and positive cases, not one of these breaches or cases has resulted in players having to isolate due to contact at training, including one player at the tarriers who was definitely positive while training with the squad

44 minutes ago, Madina said:

Zungu - an absolute imposter. Fck knows what all those South African spammers see in him

Bassey - looked shite from the minute I saw his stupid hair. I've had nothing but contempt for him since St Mirren in the cup

Dapo - Thought 2 years ago he might make it with us. QOS is his level 

Kinnear - was never going to play a 1st team game for us

Patterson - another youngster seemingly pissing his Rangers career away. He isnt the first and wont be the last. 

All can go. None are above this club and clearly dont get our standards 

Say what you like about their behaviour but your analysis of them as football players is way off.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ive not once trivialised or excused them, but people are also coming up with wild results to their breach

St mirren, killie, tarriers, hibs and ourselves have all had both breaches and positive cases, not one of these breaches or cases has resulted in players having to isolate due to contact at training, including one player at the tarriers who was definitely positive while training with the squad

St Mirren and Kilmarnock's both did.

57 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If players want to fanny about in the biggest campaign of our lives then I genuinely don't care who it is, they can get to fuck away from the club. 

Again that sounds idealistic but in reality there’s no world where we are sacking a player worth millions of pounds because they breached covid guidelines, and the trickle down effect of that means we won’t sack less important players for it either.

The five players are probably done now, just like Jones and Edmundson were, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat and sacking them on the spot isn’t the way to do it.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Again that sounds idealistic but in reality there’s no world where we are sacking a player worth millions of pounds because they breached covid guidelines, and the trickle down effect of that means we won’t sack less important players for it either.

The five players are probably done now, just like Jones and Edmundson were, but there’s more than one way to skin a cat and sacking them on the spot isn’t the way to do it.

Yeah would be silly to just sack them when fees would be available. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wasn't that down to their travelling system, hence why the spfl or the sfa opened a case against them 

Thought st mirrens especially was cause they car shared going to training and games etc

No, that was why they were charged but they weren't specifically the reasons for people being identified as close contacts.

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Say what you like about their behaviour but your analysis of them as football players is way off.

So you reckon Zungu, Dapo, Bassey and Kinnear will be mainstays next season? 

Only one likely to play more than 10 times is Patterson 

9 minutes ago, Madina said:

So you reckon Zungu, Dapo, Bassey and Kinnear will be mainstays next season? 

Only one likely to play more than 10 times is Patterson 

Patterson's going nowhere. I'm not sure what the outcome will be with Bassey. The fact that the party was at his house doesn't bare well. We will not give Zungu a contract and Dapo seems to have taken a downward spiral so he will leave when his contract is up in the summer.

But all 4 are good players. Sometimes it takes more than raw talent to play for a big club.

I have no idea about young Kinnear as a goalie.

I wonder how the Manchester fans feel about Foden & Greenwood? I doubt they are wanting them gone.

24 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Which is fair enough if we consider a training session in isolation, and presently no positive cases.

But there's also those who trivialise the situation because the players got caught before causing more damage. This week involves flight travel and the scum 13 player isolation demonstrates what could happen. Anything that takes us in that direction, especially through conscious decision making, is scandalous.

And thinking back was the St Mirren goalkeeper issue ages back not due to close contact between the 3 of them at training? 

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Patterson's going nowhere. I'm not sure what the outcome will be with Bassey. The fact that the party was at his house doesn't bare well. We will not give Zungu a contract and Dapo seems to have taken a downward spiral so he will leave when his contract is up in the summer.

But all 4 are good players. Sometimes it takes more than raw talent to play for a big club.

I wonder how the Manchester fans feel about Foden & Greenwood? I doubt they are wanting them gone.

Foden and Greenwood were already established 1st team players for their clubs. All 5 of our players breaching the rules have played about 15 games between them. Big difference 

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Apples and oranges.

Some of the best talent in the country, internationalists, valued at multi millions versus 4 permanent players with barely a dozen 1st team fixtures between them in their careers and 0 senior international caps.

It's probably more accurate comparing the JJ / GE outcome against theirs than these latest 4.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Which is fair enough if we consider a training session in isolation, and presently no positive cases.

But there's also those who trivialise the situation because the players got caught before causing more damage. This week involves flight travel and the scum 13 player isolation demonstrates what could happen. Anything that takes us in that direction, especially through conscious decision making, is scandalous.

And thinking back was the St Mirren goalkeeper issue ages back not due to close contact between the 3 of them at training? 

Thought two of them was because they shared a gaff and the 3rd was because they all travelled together in a car lol

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Apples and oranges.

Some of the best talent in the country, internationalists, valued at multi millions versus 4 permanent players with barely a dozen 1st team fixtures between them in their careers and 0 senior international caps.

It's probably more accurate comparing the JJ / GE outcome against theirs than these latest 4.

We would be mad to release Patterson because of this. If he has anything about him, and I think he does, he will learn from his mistake.

Although a grave mistake was definitely made, there is the possibility the players and their girlfriends thought no protocol was broken by being in their own bubble. Who knows? But it is a possibility.