COVID Breach

falkirkNS

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We would be mad to release Patterson because of this. If he has anything about him, and I think he does, he will learn from his mistake.

Although a grave mistake was definitely made, there is the possibility the players and their girlfriends thought no protocol was broken by being in their own bubble. Who knows? But it is a possibility. 

See that just sounds like making excuses for them imo. And ignorance or stupidity isn't a valid defence.

Patterson does have potential but Gerrard has to counter the benefits of keeping him against the risks of doing so. I reckon it'll come down to how clearly he's laid out the consequences, and the potential issues if he's seen as weak on disciplinary in reality compared to what he's threatened.

Out of interest, if there was a further breach by players, but different players again, should they get a free pass at it too? At what point does the manager officially lose control of the dressing room? 

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thought two of them was because they shared a gaff and the 3rd was because they all travelled together in a car lol

St Mirren said on Thursday that Alnwick is self-isolating after testing positive, then revealed a second goalkeeper - now confirmed as Lyness - had been found to have the illness.

Goodwin said Alnwick had been "under the weather", but that Lyness is asymptomatic.

Third-choice Urminsky tested negative but was found to be "at potential risk of transmission" after GPS data from training sessions was examined, so he is being excluded as a result.

Don't know if this was the final reason given but seems to have involved close contact at training.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

See that just sounds like making excuses for them imo. And ignorance or stupidity isn't a valid defence.

Patterson does have potential but Gerrard has to counter the benefits of keeping him against the risks of doing so. I reckon it'll come down to how clearly he's laid out the consequences, and the potential issues if he's seen as weak on disciplinary in reality compared to what he's threatened.

Out of interest, if there was a further breach by players, but different players again, should they get a free pass at it too? At what point does the manager officially lose control of the dressing room? 

From the outset, you have been very harsh on the players based on conjecture. Other than the names now out in the open, we still don't know a whole lot.

I do know that once you are in the gaffer's bad books, it takes a lot to make good again.

11 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Liam Kelly and Sean Kelly are Rangers supporters than I am the fucking pope, 2012 he was 2nd choice....course he would say that lol

When my daughter was born i got her a brick in the Colin Stein wall, brick next to her's is a guy called Sean.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

From the outset, you have been very harsh on the players based on conjecture. Other than the names now out in the open, we still don't know a whole lot.

I do know that once you are in the gaffer's bad books, it takes a lot to make good again.

What do you mean conjecture? Is that like when you were suggesting a few itk posters had been lied to because of other twitter rumours?  

I knew from before this thread started at least Bassey and Patterson had been issued covid tickets. Thats rule breaking I knew leads to bans and potential ramifications for the club.

Others including yourself seemed to side with the players, rather than prioritising the club. Fair enough if that's your choice, but 10 folk getting done by the polis and you saying its a possibility they thought it was OK is a pisstake imo.

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

👍

If we tolerate this it does give Gerrard an issue if he's issued clear consequences for further breaches when the other 2 had fucked up.

It questions the respect and disciplinary control he does / will have going forward.

But plenty seem to find reasons to make excuses because Patterson has potential. 

Him and Bassey are contracted til 2024, if they're not released from contracts imminently both need told and the squad informed  both will be going on loan in the summer, (they'll not play again this season).  Same with the others with zungu getting chased back to France ASAP.

The risk of not dealing with this strongly is huge.

I watched a Podcast with our Manager, Robbie Fowler last night.

During that Podcast our Manager alluded to discipline and his own set of non-negotiables.

I believe that if one of Steve's non negotiables relates to COVID breeching buffoonery, as a manager he will have limited options available to him.

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What do you mean conjecture? Is that like when you were suggesting a few itk posters had been lied to because of other twitter rumours?  

I knew from before this thread started at least Bassey and Patterson had been issued covid tickets. Thats rule breaking I knew leads to bans and potential ramifications for the club.

Others including yourself seemed to side with the players, rather than prioritising the club. Fair enough if that's your choice, but 10 folk getting done by the polis and you saying its a possibility they thought it was OK is a pisstake imo.

You had Ciaran Dickson on the original list did you not? Maybe not? In any case, it seemed to go back and forth between him & Zungu for a while. Social media is plagued with conjecture (not suggesting that was your source) and for four days we were none the wiser other than Everest likes mountains. That was my whole point with the standard of journalism. No one is willing to go the extra mile to uncover stories. Instead writers search WhatsApp & Twitter for information these days. So for me, there was some conjecture.

I love RM to get my Rangers updates and people like yourself and eskbank provide plenty of it.

46 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You had Ciaran Dickson on the original list did you not? Maybe not? In any case, it seemed to go back and forth between him & Zungu for a while. Social media is plagued with conjecture (not suggesting that was your source) and for four days we were none the wiser other than Everest likes mountains. That was my whole point with the standard of journalism. No one is willing to go the extra mile to uncover stories. Instead writers search WhatsApp & Twitter for information these days. So for me, there was some conjecture.

I love RM to get my Rangers updates and people like yourself and eskbank provide plenty of it.

I never suggested CD, nor suggested I thought he was included. I even asked Esky if he believed he was involved. Same with Zungu, didn't have a clue if he was involved either.

The point stands that even without having any knowledge some sided, felt sorry even, for the players. I can't get my head round that when the club is the most important thing.

Even now there's an element of excusing, reasoning, or justifying their actions. Fuck that, they decided to go against their gaffer, team mates and the club. If they do it consciously in current circumstances especially after previous warnings, then I've no interest in them getting further chances to see if they can be trusted or not.