COVID Breach

falkirkNS

14 minutes ago, stevemac said:

This bit has irked me with everyone carrying on over the breach.

aye, they breached, and should have known better, given the previous failings. but the fact remains that they didn't. Whether they would have or not, they didn't. (Go into training and put the squad at risk)

Ridiculous point in my eyes. You think they'd have gone in Monday morning first thing and said "By the way gaffer we had a little get together saturday night, we shouldn't really be in training today."

The truth is we fucking struck gold that the police were called and it became public knowledge. To suggest it's all OK because they never ended up going to training is laughable, they fucking would have done if they weren't caught! Think about the shitstorm that would have created. 

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Ridiculous point in my eyes. You think they'd have gone in Monday morning first thing and said "By the way gaffer we had a little get together saturday night, we shouldn't really be in training today."

The truth is we fucking struck gold that the police were called and it became public knowledge. To suggest it's all OK because they never ended up going to training is laughable, they fucking would have done if they weren't caught! Think about the shitstorm that would have created. 

BUT THEY DIDNT.  I am not suggesting its all ok because they will be fined, suspended and punished appropriately. You are right, it was a god send that police were involved though. 

All I am getting at is a lot of people lost their shit over ifs buts and maybes. 

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

BUT THEY DIDNT.  I am not suggesting its all ok because they will be fined, suspended and punished appropriately. You are right, it was a god send that police were involved though. 

All I am getting at is a lot of people lost their shit over ifs buts and maybes. 

So what would your reaction have been had they have gone into training? So naive mate to look past that in my eyes, maybe I just have too much of a stubborn mentality. The fact they could have put us in a position where we would have been playing a B team in Europa league and league games is totally shit from them.

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

So what would your reaction have been had they have gone into training? So naive mate to look past that in my eyes, maybe I just have too much of a stubborn mentality. The fact they could have put us in a position where we would have been playing a B team in Europa league and league games is totally shit from them.

I would have reacted like everyone else would have, wanted them sacked etc etc. But they didn't. They did a fucking stupid thing and got fined, and punished by the club and likely will be punished by the league. But they haven't put the squad at risk by going into training.

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I would have reacted like everyone else would have, wanted them sacked etc etc. But they didn't. They did a fucking stupid thing and got fined, and punished by the club and likely will be punished by the league. But they haven't put the squad at risk by going into training.

Do you want them sacked now?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Do you want them sacked now?

No. As I said, Zungu had done fuck all to show he was good enough to be a starter in our midfield anyway, and he's only here on loan so I think he will be away when his loan is up unless they recalled him early. But the others, once time is served on them with league suspensions, I have no issues with them fighting to earn a place in the squad. but they'll naturally have to work twice as hard as they did before to prove they are still worthy of the shirt. Same with Edmundson and Jones, I think if they both come back and screwed the nut and worked extremely hard I'd have no issues with them being in the team, I can't see it with Jones though tbh. 

13 minutes ago, stevemac said:

They weren’t given a chance to go into training that’s why THEY DIDNT

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

They weren’t given a chance to go into training that’s why THEY DIDNT

Exactly. So there is no reason to keep going on about what could have happened, fact is it didn't and they've been suspended and dealt with appropriately.

Exactly. So there is no reason to keep going on about what could have happened, fact is it didn't and they've been suspended and dealt with appropriately.

But it wasn’t their choice to not go into training so you’re missing the point

6 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

But it wasn’t their choice to not go into training so you’re missing the point

I am not missing the point. the point I am making is irrelevant as to the reason they didn't go to training, the fact remains they did not go and did not put any other players at risk as a close contact. The reason being the club told them to stay away while they investigated the incident. A lot of the anger from fans towards them IMO was based on IF they had gone into training and jeopardized the team. 

11 minutes ago, stevemac said:

No. As I said, Zungu had done fuck all to show he was good enough to be a starter in our midfield anyway, and he's only here on loan so I think he will be away when his loan is up unless they recalled him early. But the others, once time is served on them with league suspensions, I have no issues with them fighting to earn a place in the squad. but they'll naturally have to work twice as hard as they did before to prove they are still worthy of the shirt. Same with Edmundson and Jones, I think if they both come back and screwed the nut and worked extremely hard I'd have no issues with them being in the team, I can't see it with Jones though tbh. 

So you don't want them sacked for the blatant breach, but if the polis hadn't intervened and they went into training ground and compounded their fuck up then you would have wanted them sacked?

You're excusing what they were capable and likely willing to do but didn't only because they were denied the chance. 

That's pretty absurd tbh.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So you don't want them sacked for the blatant breach, but if the polis hadn't intervened and they went into training ground and compounded their fuck up then you would have wanted them sacked?

You're excusing what they were capable and likely willing to do but didn't only because they were denied the chance. 

That's pretty absurd tbh.

See in bold.

Not once have i excused what they've done, I fully expect them to get a reasonable (3-5 match) ban from the league, the maximum fine of wages we can give out and whatever other punishment the club sees fit to give. But they'll still be rangers players and I fully expect to see at least 2 of the 5 in a jersey again, quite possibly before the end of this season.

5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

And they would have gone to training if they didn’t get caught, which is the issue most have. How can you even defend them? They didn’t give a fuck about what they were doing and would happily have strolled into training if they weren’t caught out 

Don't know how many more times Im going to have to say this. I am not defending them, but they didn't fucking stroll into training did they? So you can't punish them for potentially doing this that or the other, you punish them for the party and only the party. 

Don't know how many more times Im going to have to say this. I am not defending them, but they didn't fucking stroll into training did they? So you can't punish them for potentially doing this that or the other, you punish them for the party and only the party. 

But they would have strolled into training, don’t give a fuck if it didn’t happen. They didn’t choose not to go in, they didn’t go in because they were caught. You’re defending them because you’re saying they should receive a smaller punishment 

Just now, stevemac said:

See in bold.

Not once have i excused what they've done, I fully expect them to get a reasonable (3-5 match) ban from the league, the maximum fine of wages we can give out and whatever other punishment the club sees fit to give. But they'll still be rangers players and I fully expect to see at least 2 of the 5 in a jersey again, quite possibly before the end of this season.

If they did it and took ownership and admitted their fuckup then you could have a case. But they fucked up and only stopped further fucking up as they were deprived the chance. Theres a huge difference.

If your Mrs shagged someone and caught an std and would have shagged you had you not found out, is it OK to ignore the cheating and excuse her as you stopped her from passing the clap? 🤣

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If they did it and took ownership and admitted their fuckup then you could have a case. But they fucked up and only stopped further fucking up as they were deprived the chance. Theres a huge difference.

If your Mrs shagged someone and caught an std and would have shagged you had you not found out, is it OK to ignore the cheating and excuse her as you stopped her from passing the clap? 🤣

There’s the key word, it’s okay because it hasn’t happened 

4 minutes ago, stevemac said:

You absolutely do when its only being denied the chance of making it worse that stopped it from happening.

Just now, stevemac said:

You're correct, they didn't stroll into training, but not because they were clever or street wise, because they were caught being dumb and weren't Allowed to go to training. 

None of their actions that weekend showed they had the grey matter to call SG and say "sorry boss but we've been very naughty children" so it's probably reasonable to assume that they WOULD have swanned into training and said nothing. 

That's the difficult bit to accept for me

Just now, TamCoopz said:

But they would have strolled into training, don’t give a fuck if it didn’t happen. They didn’t choose not to go in, they didn’t go in because they were caught. You’re defending them because you’re saying they should receive a smaller punishment 

I am saying they don't deserve to be sacked because thats a fucking ridiculous attitude to take for a COVID breach, where many teams across the UK are dealing with players breaching, and yet nobody is suggesting they are sacked.

I am saying they don't deserve to be sacked because thats a fucking ridiculous attitude to take for a COVID breach, where many teams across the UK are dealing with players breaching, and yet nobody is suggesting they are sacked.

Yet you would want them sacked IF they had got into training...

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yet you would want them sacked IF they had got into training...

potentially or certainly suspended without pay, if they had got into training and had a positive result which then put the whole squad out. That would be a VERY different scenario though