COVID Breach

falkirkNS

53 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I would have reacted like everyone else would have, wanted them sacked etc etc. But they didn't. They did a fucking stupid thing and got fined, and punished by the club and likely will be punished by the league. But they haven't put the squad at risk by going into training.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yet you would want them sacked IF they had got into training...

10 minutes ago, stevemac said:

potentially or certainly suspended without pay, if they had got into training and had a positive result which then put the whole squad out. That would be a VERY different scenario though

So is it sacked like every one else wanted, or the tiered system based on ramifications?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So is it sacked like every one else wanted, or the tiered system based on ramifications?

well clearly a punishment befitting the crime. you wouldn't get life in jail for beating someone up, but you would if you beat them to death wouldn't you?

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

well clearly a punishment befitting the crime. you wouldn't get life in jail for beating someone up, but you would if you beat them to death wouldn't you?

This is more related to employment law and sporting protocols than criminal isn't it though. The only criminal law part is the fact they broke the law in the first place.

But if you're suggesting criminally you'd face no punishment if you intended cimmiting a crime but were stopped before you carried it out then you're very much mistaken.

Did you clarify when you would have wanted them sacked, as you said, or sacked only if a,b,c,and d had happened, as you said?.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If they did it and took ownership and admitted their fuckup then you could have a case. But they fucked up and only stopped further fucking up as they were deprived the chance. Theres a huge difference.

If your Mrs shagged someone and caught an std and would have shagged you had you not found out, is it OK to ignore the cheating and excuse her as you stopped her from passing the clap? 🤣

Superb analogy young man 

35 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

If these muppets had gone into training, would the whole squad have to have isolated for two weeks, would we be out of Europe, would we have lost 55, given our lead unlikely, but Europe potentially, and a lot of monies.

I don’t think they would have.

They weren’t near a positive case, or had a positive case within them. There’s absolutely no basis for the whole squad having to isolate. The mechanism for isolation is if you’re in close contact with a positive test. Unless there’s a separate rule for football. 

Not defending them, but it’s over the top hyperbole about the whole squad being out. Even celtic who shared a plane with a Covid positive test only had 13 required to self isolate. 

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

I am saying they don't deserve to be sacked because thats a fucking ridiculous attitude to take for a COVID breach, where many teams across the UK are dealing with players breaching, and yet nobody is suggesting they are sacked.

Look at a Aubameyang (out getting tattoos) or Fodden (bringing girls back to the team hotel) and contrast the reactions of the FA, clubs and the press. 

27 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think they would have.

They weren’t near a positive case, or had a positive case within them. There’s absolutely no basis for the whole squad having to isolate. The mechanism for isolation is if you’re in close contact with a positive test. Unless there’s a separate rule for football. 

Not defending them, but it’s over the top hyperbole about the whole squad being out. Even celtic who shared a plane with a Covid positive test only had 13 required to self isolate. 

Good points.  Who is to say they weren't near a positive case though.  The players get tested often enough but their girlfriends/partners don't.  Who do girlfriends/partners come in contact with and have they been tested since charged.  Why do the players need to self-isolate if they are negative.

3 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Good points.  Who is to say they weren't near a positive case though.  The players get tested often enough but their girlfriends/partners don't.  Who do girlfriends/partners come in contact with and have they been tested since charged.  Why do the players need to self-isolate if they are negative.

Rangers are keeping them away from the squad to prove a point, as far as I’m concerned - not because there’s an actual risk. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Rangers are keeping them away from the squad to prove a point, as far as I’m concerned - not because there’s an actual risk. 

Not so.  Covid manifests itself some days after. I believe Ryan Christie had 3 negative tests and still had to self-isolate.  Lennon (poor soul that he is) also had several negative tests and still had to self-isolate.  

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I believe the 3 are back training today.  There is also a video on the RFC web site today of the 3 apologising for their behaviour.

Seen the video there, honestly comes across like a hostage plea video. 

Time to move on. I’m convinced that this is being treated differently to the JJ and GE incident though - think GE was unlucky to be caught in the crossfire of that one.