COVID Breach

falkirkNS

2 minutes ago, bluebear24 said:

I have been in the past. And thought I could take short cuts. It didn't work and I made a mistake trying it. But I still consciously made that decision in the first place. 

My employer  is more than happy with my day to day performance. Thanks though 

What age are you if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have said since day 1 that this incident seems  greyer than the Jones/Edmundson case. And now The Sun are reporting that sources close to Ibrox say the two are NOT comparable.

Posters have held their own trial (mostly guilty) without knowing all the facts. 

I would be surprised if the 3 are anywhere near the squad tonight but there are suggestions they might. Jones & Edmundson were banished for months so there is an obvious difference somewhere between both incidents.

But if you more, do tell, instead of your smart arse laughs.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I have said since day 1 that this incident seems  greyer than the Jones/Edmundson case. And now The Sun are reporting that sources close to Ibrox say the two are NOT comparable.

Posters have held their own trial (mostly guilty) without knowing all the facts. 

I would be surprised if the 3 are anywhere near the squad tonight but there are suggestions they might. Jones & Edmundson were banished for months so there is an obvious difference somewhere between both incidents.

But if you more, do tell, instead of your smart arse laughs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

2 hours ago, bluebear24 said:

No what is nauseating is people not recognising they are no different to anyone else in the country that has been asked to follow rules and has made the decision not to.  

Sorry, but this is where your argument falls down - they ARE different to everyone else in the country.

They are paid a high wage and enjoy a privileged lifestyle which we would all jump at the chance of having if we were good enough. In return, they have been asked to follow some simple rules to allow football to continue during Covid. From past mistakes (by teammates and players from other clubs) it is crystal clear that failing to follow these rules puts the whole game in doubt, is likely to have knock-on effects for their teammates and at worst could stop the title run.

It's simple, the consequences of them deciding not to follow the rules for their own selfish reasons are MUCH, MUCH greater than you or I doing the same.

However, on balance, I think a reprimand and maybe a spell out on loan to think about what they have done is about right (a bit like sending a child to their room). If they are going to make it as professionals they will see this as an opportunity to impress the gaffer; if not they will end up fucking up their careers as many before them have done. Either way it would be better knowing sooner rather than later what they are made of.

26 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Comparisons with individuals breaking the law and being forgiven aren’t relevant here.

You can’t compare Gazza, Cantona, etc.

The point is these guys actions could have had serious implications for the club, on the park at one of the most crucial points in our history. Not sure why people don’t understand the difference.

That said I’m fully behind whatever the clubs deems is the best course of action.

This is the main point here, people aren't wanting to get rid of them due to the rights/wrongs of what they did, it's because they could have potentially fucked up a huge season for the club.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

I thought about that earlier. We’ve clearly supported players in the past who have broken the law, and forgiven them.

Ultimately we’ll support whoever pulls on a blue jersey. If Gerrard is ok with them back in the squad then it’s alright by me. Some need to get off their high horse I think. 

Just now, Jeffrey said:

People aren't on a high horse because they're on some sort of moral crusade, people are pissed off these idiots could have fucked all the hard work been put in this season.

Agreed. Most are. I am / was pissed off too.

There are a few moral crusaders though.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

People aren't on a high horse because they're on some sort of moral crusade, people are pissed off these idiots could have fucked all the hard work been put in this season.

A lot of people are pissed off at the privilege of it all as well.

If I broke coronavirus laws and it stopped me from undertaking my duties under my contract of employment for a couple of weeks I would be sacked.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If I broke coronavirus laws and it stopped me from undertaking my duties under my contract of employment for a couple of weeks I would be sacked.

I got a weeks holiday because of it :coolio:

5 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

But none of that doomsday scenario came to pass mate. 

Im struggling to see why this is still being debated at all tbh. 

Huge Europa League game tonight 3 possibly 2 games from 55 and folk are still in a rage about this. 

I really don’t think the club could’ve handled this or the earlier breaches any better.

I saw an interesting point on Twitter earlier that I’m sure must be in these 130 odd pages. If you make it a rule that these players are immediately sacked for a Covid breach what is to stop an unhappy player (thinking of Alfredo in the summer of 19) just breaching Covid, getting released and then immediately signing for someone else.

If the club treat players differently due to their age, ability, value etc then they will be taken to court. And one of the main criticisms of the board since DK took over was the constant court room battles we found ourselves in.

The fact that all 3 are on the bench tonight leads me to believe they actually believed they hadn't broken protocol by remaining in a bubble with girlfriends. As wrong and foolish as that is, football players do not get payed for having a high IQ.

If for one moment Gerrard thought they blatantly put the rest of the squad at risk, then they wouldn't be in the team tonight. It is completely different to Edmundson & Jones.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

So you haven’t broke any COVID rules and still went into work because no cunt had a clue and plod ain’t going to phone your boss.