COVID Breach

falkirkNS

5 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

But none of that doomsday scenario came to pass mate. 

Im struggling to see why this is still being debated at all tbh. 

Huge Europa League game tonight 3 possibly 2 games from 55 and folk are still in a rage about this. 

I really don’t think the club could’ve handled this or the earlier breaches any better.

I saw an interesting point on Twitter earlier that I’m sure must be in these 130 odd pages. If you make it a rule that these players are immediately sacked for a Covid breach what is to stop an unhappy player (thinking of Alfredo in the summer of 19) just breaching Covid, getting released and then immediately signing for someone else.

If the club treat players differently due to their age, ability, value etc then they will be taken to court. And one of the main criticisms of the board since DK took over was the constant court room battles we found ourselves in.

The fact that all 3 are on the bench tonight leads me to believe they actually believed they hadn't broken protocol by remaining in a bubble with girlfriends. As wrong and foolish as that is, football players do not get payed for having a high IQ.

If for one moment Gerrard thought they blatantly put the rest of the squad at risk, then they wouldn't be in the team tonight. It is completely different to Edmundson & Jones.

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Would we employ a convicted drug dealer as manager? 

We’ve had convicted crooks in higher positions than manager,Sandy Easedale and Dave King spring to mind.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A lot of people are pissed off at the privilege of it all as well.

If I broke coronavirus laws and it stopped me from undertaking my duties under my contract of employment for a couple of weeks I would be sacked.

So you haven’t broke any COVID rules and still went into work because no cunt had a clue and plod ain’t going to phone your boss.

34 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The fact that all 3 are on the bench tonight leads me to believe they actually believed they hadn't broken protocol by remaining in a bubble with girlfriends. As wrong and foolish as that is, football players do not get payed for having a high IQ.

If for one moment Gerrard thought they blatantly put the rest of the squad at risk, then they wouldn't be in the team tonight. It is completely different to Edmundson & Jones.

Buddy, this narrative is mental! They have 100 percent broke protocol. It's mad to think otherwise. It's verging on delusion.

TamCoopz likes this

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Buddy, this narrative is mental! They have 100 percent broke protocol. It's mad to think otherwise. It's verging on delusion.

Of course they have broken protocol. I'm not convinced they thought they did.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

In their own minds. I'm not suggesting they were right. I've said this for two weeks.

Mate I’m pretty sure Gerrard and the back room staff will have left the players with no doubts about what they could and couldn’t do 

Seems I was right, they are eligible and its unsurprising given how light we are for cover, certainly in Europe. Expect a league ban anyway but depending on the circumstances I think it may only be 2 or 3 games.

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Mate I’m pretty sure Gerrard and the back room staff will have left the players with no doubts about what they could and couldn’t do 

You don't know all the facts and neither do I but I know someone who does - Gerrard - and he chose them tonight. Gerrard had Edmundson & Jones no where near the squad. There is an obvious difference here.

Anyway mate, it's game time. Enjoy the game

TamCoopz likes this

Just now, bluenoz said:

You don't know all the facts and neither do I but I know someone who does - Gerrard - and he chose them tonight. Gerrard had Edmundson & Jones no where near the squad. There is an obvious difference here.

Anyway mate, it's game time. Enjoy the game

👍🏻