COVID Breach

falkirkNS

3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Whilst Patterson is the sorest to take any punishments must be seen to be equal. 

They will all be punished equally, a one or two week fine. Who is the sold, loaned out etc is up the manager and completely separate to the disciplinary process 

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Whilst Patterson is the sorest to take any punishments must be seen to be equal. 

I agree with this and that’s why none of the players will be sacked either.

All the players who have breached rules so far are relative nobodies but if you sack them and then a week later one of our most valuable/important players breaches rules then there’s no way we sack them.

Sacking them sets a risky precedent and the club knows it. That’s why they will be frozen out until the Summer and then moved on.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

How do you think they record deaths from strains of flu? Nobody dies OF the flu, it is almost always a contributory factor - just like Covid.

We all remember the days when folk went in to hospital for all kinds of random stuff. Stuck in bed for a while, no exercise, constantly temps nice and warm, mostly too warm, picked up a cough, cold or flu, depleted the immune system, contracted pneumonia and died ?

It's put down as covid related now. 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

They will all be punished equally, a one or two week fine. Who is the sold, loaned out etc is up the manager and completely separate to the disciplinary process 

This.

Even with the other players who proceeded these idiots the door was never closed on them, Gerrard said of them;

"We'll now move forward and try to get these players both back to where they need to be,"

"They've gone about it the right way since they've accepted their punishments."

Now it's about me giving them the support and managing the two to come back to being top players - because they're good players. We need them here to help and support us."

From WhatsApp...

The story goes that Bassey,
Patterson, Kinnear, Mebude,
Dickson and their girlfriends ordered a takeaway from the Ashoka. Delivery driver noised up Bassey at the door saying that celtic were going to catch them up. Delivery arrived at 9:50 pm and police were called at 10 pm. Looks like the delivery driver phoned the police. Did Rangers a favour, as if this came out after the players had gone back to training who knows what would’ve happened quarantine wise for the whole squad! Arseholes!

Just now, graeme_4 said:

From WhatsApp...

Dickson and their girlfriends ordered a takeaway from the Ashoka. Delivery driver noised up Bassey at the door saying that celtic were going to catch them up. Delivery arrived at 9:50 pm and police were called at 10 pm. Looks like the delivery driver phoned the police. Did Rangers a favour, as if this came out after the players had gone back to training who knows what would’ve happened quarantine wise for the whole squad! Arseholes!

If that’s true it’s not exactly the crime of the century, or some wild ‘party’, but unacceptable none the less. 

6 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

This.

Even with the other players who proceeded these idiots the door was never closed on them, Gerrard said of them;

"We'll now move forward and try to get these players both back to where they need to be,"

Now it's about me giving them the support and managing the two to come back to being top players - because they're good players. We need them here to help and support us."

I don’t know mate, I think that reeks of birthday card pish from Gerrard tbh, especially when you know that they were both out the door weeks later.

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

We all remember the days when folk went in to hospital for all kinds of random stuff. Stuck in bed for a while, no exercise, constantly temps nice and warm, mostly too warm, picked up a cough, cold or flu, depleted the immune system, contracted pneumonia and died ?

It's put down as covid related now. 

And if they had contracted Covid, that would be fair enough. It's similar to Aids/Hiv. Most deaths don't come from that but other illnesses exasperated by it,

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

From WhatsApp...

Could swear Mebude’s bird stays in Australia or something from his Insta stories :lol: 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

From WhatsApp...

Polis were cotacted at 1.10am.

5 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

This.

How many games did Jones and Edmundson play after their misdemeanour?

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

From WhatsApp...

Can guarantee he was thinking that the full team would need to isolate😂😂😂 well done that man done us a favour 

10 minutes ago, badjon said:

Come on😃

Just now, graeme_4 said:

:lol: 

Neither are essential work. Although with football games being BCD, how do you propose fans know what happens at games if the media aren't there reporting on it? Not everyone is able to watch live. The country wouldn't grind to a halt if there was nae fitba (nor if there wasn't folk writing about it)

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Not entirely accurate. Her uncle, thankfully and hopefully horribly, died from lung cancer, he got diagnosed well before covid. His death was officially 'covid' though. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say covid didn't play a part there. Plenty others have had similar experience. My maw's auntie watched her man die of a heart attack in front of her very eyes, also went down as covid. Considering he already had heart disease I don't see any reason why that would go down as covid either. 

Edit - thought this genuinely was the covid thread. Fucking hell. 

In my work i process a lot of deaths. COVID technically being a natural death, but I can say that a whole lot of deaths (that will be recorded in govt stats) include those where it is blatantly obvious that COVID isn't the main Cause of Death. If a post mortem is done, swabs are taken to check for covid, even in car crashes, house fires, suicides etc. if it comes back positive, its reported. The statistics you see are inflated because of that but it is still a large amount whatever the true figure is (of actual COVID only deaths)

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Neither are essential work. Although with football games being BCD, how do you propose fans know what happens at games if the media aren't there reporting on it? Not everyone is able to watch live. The country wouldn't grind to a halt if there was nae fitba (nor if there wasn't folk writing about it)

There are plenty of journalists to report on games. Also all games are available to watch live one way or another with the lifting of the ban on Saturday 3pm games. You knew all that though. If your blog does not report on a game I am sure people will manage👍😃👍

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How many games did Jones and Edmundson play after their misdemeanour?

None, they were given 7 game bans on Nov 19th  then sent on loan

Lets see what happens when they return from loan.

In the highly unlikely event either  screw the nut and become model pros do think Gerrard wouldn't utilise them? although its obv more likely they'll never play for us again, point is the door was never publically closed on then.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Haha.

You don't really believe we need you boys to report on games to hear what goes on?!

Do people actually read papers to find how a game went nowadays? Can't remember actually going onto a website to read or give a fuck about how a journalist reported a game! I'd watch the game, catch highlights later ask a mate and/or come on here!

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Polis were cotacted at 1.10am.

You suggesting social media gets things wrong ?  A lot of folk on here get most their facts from there you know.

In the old days the story would have been on the late news, then reported with the facts the next day. Nowadays social media has all the answers before events even occur. 

Don't forget, last night the incident apparently occurred at Park Gardens, a Rangers coach was involved, and 5 nurses had been picked up at random.

Now it's shifted to Hyndland, no coach involved, and all our fantasies about the five wee nurses destroyed. 

I'm very upset about this, cause I have quite a vivid imagination.