COVID Breach

falkirkNS

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Not one of them have covid ffs 

The way everyone goes on about fines and breaches you would think they did have, it’s a fucking joke.  Knowing their luck though,  they’ve probably now caught Covid aff the Polis dishing out the fines.  I’ve always wondered how many cops will actually pass on Covid to the public, as they are coming into contact with so many of the public on a daily basis then surely that is a risk.  Or does Covid not infect Polis?

Just now, badjon said:

There are plenty of journalists to report on games. Also all games are available to watch live one way or another with the lifting of the ban on Saturday 3pm games. You knew all that though. If your blog does not report on a game I am sure people will manage👍😃👍

You've completely missed the point. There are far fewer journalists than you'd think to cover games. Outwith Rangers or Celtic, you're lucky if there are more than 2 or 3 at many games.

Games are available to watch live one way or another but not everyone is free to drop what they are doing to watch games live - or can afford paying as much as £20 a week to watch games live.

People absolutely will manage if my sites arent there covering games. No disputing that. Just as people will survive if there's no football. I'm there to do the job I'm paid to do as much as Steven Gerrard is there to do the job he's paid to do.

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

From WhatsApp...

The story goes that Bassey,
Patterson, Kinnear, Mebude,
Dickson and their girlfriends ordered a takeaway from the Ashoka. Delivery driver noised up Bassey at the door saying that celtic were going to catch them up. Delivery arrived at 9:50 pm and police were called at 10 pm. Looks like the delivery driver phoned the police. Did Rangers a favour, as if this came out after the players had gone back to training who knows what would’ve happened quarantine wise for the whole squad! Arseholes!

If the part about it only being players and girlfriends is true then the last part is a bit hysterical, there would be no greater risk of catching Covid if everyone there would have been in close contact with each other anyway

1 hour ago, Mr Soprano said:

:lol:

Only reason this isn’t a total fucking shocker is that they were caught before they could integrate with the rest of the squad, who had actually followed the regulations.

I’m a huge advocate for mental health and have been affected by suicide personally. I know that rates are through the roof and I totally understand how hard it is. However, these ‘young boys’ are in an extremely privileged position, they’re not sitting in a 2 bedroom house with two parents and siblings.

I have the utmost sympathy for anyone struggling with ‘the new normal’. Football players, however, are way down that list.

If you are a huge advocate for mental health then you would know that no amount of money or whatever your profession can guarantee happiness or a sound mind then?
I am in no way at all defending them, however, the argument that they are in a privileged position and earning X amount of money a week and shouldn't be struggling is bollocks. You could earn 100 a week or 100k a week, doesn't guarantee happiness. 

They should get their punishment, whatever the club sees fit to dish out, and move on. If they can fight and earn their way back into the picture, then so be it.  

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

You suggesting social media gets things wrong ?  A lot of folk on here get most their facts from there you know.

In the old days the story would have been on the late news, then reported with the facts the next day. Nowadays social media has all the answers before events even occur. 

Don't forget, last night the incident apparently occurred at Park Gardens, a Rangers coach was involved, and 5 nurses had been picked up at random.

Now it's shifted to Hyndland, no coach involved, and all our fantasies about the five wee nurses destroyed. 

I'm very upset about this, cause I have quite a vivid imagination.

Funniest thing about this (only funny thing I think) is the fact Zungu got pulled into it

Photo from about 2 months ago (minimum) gets pulled up and he's suddenly all over social media

Guy cant catch a break :lol:

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Haha.

You don't really believe we need you boys to report on games to hear what goes on?!

Do people actually read papers to find how a game went nowadays? Can't remember actually going onto a website to read or give a fuck about how a journalist reported a game! I'd watch the game, catch highlights later ask a mate and/or come on here!

Yes. In their droves. We're almost always at our busiest right after games.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You've completely missed the point. There are far fewer journalists than you'd think to cover games. Outwith Rangers or celtic, you're lucky if there are more than 2 or 3 at many games.

Games are available to watch live one way or another but not everyone is free to drop what they are doing to watch games live - or can afford paying as much as £20 a week to watch games live.

People absolutely will manage if my sites arent there covering games. No disputing that. Just as people will survive if there's no football. I'm there to do the job I'm paid to do as much as Steven Gerrard is there to do the job he's paid to do.

You've admitted to breaching covid rules and who you work for? Should you be sacked for bring your employer into disrepute?? 

Just now, Almacger said:

The way everyone goes on about fines and breaches you would think they did have, it’s a fucking joke.  Knowing their luck though,  they’ve probably now caught Covid aff the Polis dishing out the fines.  I’ve always wondered how many cops will actually pass on Covid to the public, as they are coming into contact with so many of the public on a daily basis then surely that is a risk.  Or does Covid not infect Polis?

Here's a shocker for you. 

The police, ambulance folk and paramedics are at the heart of the community, dealing with all sorts of folk. I'll leave it to you to imagine the worst kind of folks they deal with  from a simple staying free from any kind of contamination basis.

So have they priority for the covid jab ?

No, and yes a letter was sent straight to my local MP. 

9 minutes ago, badjon said:

There are plenty of journalists to report on games. Also all games are available to watch live one way or another with the lifting of the ban on Saturday 3pm games. You knew all that though. If your blog does not report on a game I am sure people will manage👍😃👍

How that cunt gets paid for his job i will never know. Fucking biggest walkoper ever.

4 minutes ago, stu43rigger said:

If the part about it only being players and girlfriends is true then the last part is a bit hysterical, there would be no greater risk of catching Covid if everyone there would have been in close contact with each other anyway

That can't be all it is, surely? 

Hopefully dealt with today to stop all the speculation. The story has changed so much.

I have it as four players were at Bassey flat. They may or may not have been playing mega monopoly. They ordered a takeaway. The delivery guy contacts the police. The police arrive approx three hours later and issue covid fixed penalty notices. The club are made aware by whom we don't know and we are now waiting on further developments.

On another note.

I'm very upset about this, cause I have quite  vivid imagination

You out later practising those 80 percent accurate corners😄

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The police, ambulance folk and paramedics are at the heart of the community, dealing with all sorts of folk. I'll leave it to you to imagine the worst kind of folks they deal with  from a simple staying free from any kind of contamination basis.

people can still spread and even develop COVID after getting a vaccine

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This will go the way it did with jones and Edmundson. 

They'll get put into self isolation and the SFA will hammer them with match bans. 

Club will then need to decide on their futures. 

This is my issue which seems to have just gone away without any obvious tangible protest, the Dubai trip had numerous ’self admitted’ breaches of covid protocols, no bans or sanctions were given to their club or players by the governing authorities.
How can or why should any club just accept SFA covid punishment now without legal challenge. Discipline the players internally but no additional sanction should be accepted without challenge as a matter of principle...

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Bang on mate!  I remember recently down in England where the police were asking for vaccinations due to their line of work, still not on any priority list along with Paramedics, firefighters etc.  The way this pandemic has been mis-handled and not just in the UK is nothing short of disgraceful.

4 minutes ago, badjon said:

Hopefully dealt with today to stop all the speculation. The story has changed so much.

I have it as four players were at Bassey flat. They may or may not have been playing mega monopoly. They ordered a takeaway. The delivery guy contacts the police. The police arrive approx three hours later and issue covid fixed penalty notices. The club are made aware by whom we don't know and we are now waiting on further developments.

On another note.

I'm very upset about this, cause I have quite  vivid imagination

You out later practising those 80 percent accurate corners😄

Surely thats a breach of client confidentially by the delivery driver.. 

22 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If that’s true it’s not exactly the crime of the century, or some wild ‘party’, but unacceptable none the less. 

I did wonder about the use of the word party last night. Unless they were playing strip monopoly it doesn’t sound that party like.....

7 minutes ago, stevemac said:

If you are a huge advocate for mental health then you would know that no amount of money or whatever your profession can guarantee happiness or a sound mind then?
I am in no way at all defending them, however, the argument that they are in a privileged position and earning X amount of money a week and shouldn't be struggling is bollocks. You could earn 100 a week or 100k a week, doesn't guarantee happiness. 

They should get their punishment, whatever the club sees fit to dish out, and move on. If they can fight and earn their way back into the picture, then so be it.  

Not mentioned their salary once in any of my posts or conversations regarding this topic, so maybe you should have a re read of the thread before you start posting shite.

Footballers are in a privileged position in the sense that they can travel up and down the country and across Europe for work. They are training nearly every day with colleagues, and make no mistake that some will be close friends with one another.

Compare and contrast this, for example, to people who will have been working in roles that required travel to different countries before the pandemic, but are now constantly working from home.