COVID Breach

falkirkNS

6 minutes ago, badjon said:

You can also read that as the gathering being reported at 1:10am due to attendence at that time. I.E the report time is the same as the time the covid fines were dished out. 

You can't. There's nothing ambiguous in this sentence that would suggest anything other than they received the report at 1.10am.

“We received reports of a gathering at a property in Hayburn Lane, Glasgow at 1.10am on Sunday 14th February.”

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You can't. There's nothing ambiguous in this sentence that would suggest anything other than they received the report at 1.10am.

“We received reports of a gathering at a property in Hayburn Lane, Glasgow at 1.10am on Sunday 14th February.”

Oh but you can.

You just can't see it.

Let me lay it out. I get a call at 10:00 pm from a let's say Ashoka delivery driver. I dispatch some officers to deal with this. For whatever reason they don't attend until 1:00 am. They issue the covid fines. They then report back to me and I file it at 1:10 am. Other am asked about the situation. The statement made would match up.

1 minute ago, badjon said:

Oh but you can.

You just can't see it.

Let me lay it out. I get a call at 10:00 pm from a let's say Ashoka delivery driver. I dispatch some officers to deal with this. For whatever reason they don't attend until 1:00 am. They issue the covid fines. They then report back to me and I file it at 1:10 am. Other am asked about the situation. The statement made would match up.

Then they received the report at 10pm not 1.10am.

1 minute ago, badjon said:

Oh but you can.

You just can't see it.

Oh and just to add I am not and nor would I want to be a policeman 👍😃

2 minutes ago, badjon said:

Oh but you can.

You just can't see it.

:lol:

18 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Call it "informed" if you want but unless your information is coming from SG or one of the board speaking on behalf of all of the board then it is just an opinion.

In MY opinion such a decision would be corporately naive and I would surprised if your information is anything more than someone else's opinion as opposed to the official club position

Nathan Patterson, again in my opinion, has shown the potential to be the best home produced prospect since Alan Hutton (who wasn't everyone's cup of tea at first) and who we sold for £9m over a decade ago. 

Bassey has impressed me in many of his performances and is another that has some massive potential - again imo. He had a bad night v St Mirren but, as a comparison, Borna had many bad days/nights in his first season but came good and is worth a few quid. Given Bassey is English, has come from a respected Premiership academy, and his physical attributes he could (not will) be one of our most valuable assets in the next 2/3 years.

For these reasons I think (just my opinion) that they should (not will) be given a chance to redeem themselves. Showing £20m plus of potential the door for free would be mad (imo of course)

I don't know enough about the others to offer an opinion and as for Jones, he would have been gone in the summer if a decent offer came in but I'd imagine he's on more money than he can get elsewhere whilst Edmunson was our fourth choice centre back, fifth now that Simpson has arrived and 6th when Nico returns and (again imo) was/is never going to be anything other than distant back up

Likewise minded. No way do we cut off our nose to spite our face and don't make this incident as bad as it was, more than what it was. Bassey and Patterson are both players with great potential. Let's not lose the plot over this. 

Reprimands, match suspensions, and fines tops. 

Get the strong carefully worded statement out soonest and we move on. 

Just now, badjon said:

Yeah looked it up when I saw it mentioned on FF. Wonder how many visitors they have had compared to normal traffic? 

the thing is the curry order was probably massive and not exactly for a family having Sunday dinner but they’ve all got a price 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

All that potential is tempered by the players' willingness to put the work in to fulfil it. If they can't be trusted to act responsibly while on the brink of arguably the most important season in the club's history in decades, it puts a big, big question mark over that potential.

They can have all the ability in the world but, and I don't think I'm speaking out of turn here, Gerrard has made it perfectly clear that ability isnt the be-all-and-end-all. Youve got to have the mentality and personality to actually get there. If after seeing what happened to Jones/Edmundson didn't serve as a warning to the players what not to do, then they are seriously lacking in that respect

There’s a difference though between having a curry with your bird round a team mates house and going to a party full of complete strangers

1 minute ago, stu43rigger said:

There’s a difference though between having a curry with your bird round a team mates house and going to a party full of complete strangers

Usually you’d be right but in the current circumstances there’s not much difference, rules are rules