COVID Breach

falkirkNS

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

If the players are suspended already (seems to be the case) and we're waiting on the SPFL's punishment or whatever, just come out and say that, draws a line under it!

Why should there be any SPFL punishment given or more importantly accepted, the precedent was set for the ‘self admitted’ Dubai breaches. 

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Why should there be any SPFL punishment given or more importantly accepted, the precedent was set for the ‘self admitted’ Dubai breaches. 

The precedent was set with Edmundson/Jones, this is an almost identical situation & I suspect it'll be a similar 7 game ban for the players involved. (Something I hope we hammer home if they try to add anything extra) 

I get the point, the taigs did get off scot free basically for Dubai however in that instance the SPFL permitted them to go. It's like a murderer blaming the guy who gave him the gun...they were never going to come down hard on the taigs because they know they fucked up themselves even allowing it! 

10 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The precedent was set with Edmundson/Jones, this is an almost identical situation & I suspect it'll be a similar 7 game ban for the players involved. (Something I hope we hammer home if they try to add anything extra) 

I get the point, the taigs did get off scot free basically for Dubai however in that instance the SPFL permitted them to go. It's like a murderer blaming the guy who gave him the gun...they were never going to come down hard on the taigs because they know they fucked up themselves even allowing it! 

I don’t think the spfl  permitted them to go, they were going anyway regardless 

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Sorry mate, having permission to go from the SPFL does not equate to a free pass on the conduct of the club officials and players when they are there. There were a published ‘strict’ set of conduct guidelines for this trip and they were breached (that we know of) on numerous occasions. Shane Duffy also left their bubble, caught at least 1 chartered flight, did whatever he did prior to turning up to play in a match which their club had previously said he was ineligible to turn up for.

If they try to impose bans/ fines outwith any club discipline, they are effectively denying our club a use of resources they did not do to another club who effectively committed the same offence. They are no strangers to hypocrisy however this goes beyond under the table favouritism...

Just now, Robmc1 said:

Sorry mate, having permission to go from the SPFL does not equate to a free pass on the conduct of the club officials and players when they are there. There were a published ‘strict’ set of conduct guidelines for this trip and they were breached (that we know of) on numerous occasions. Shane Duffy also left their bubble, caught at least 1 chartered flight, did whatever he did prior to turning up to play in a match which their club had previously said he was ineligible to turn up for.

If they try to impose bans/ fines outwith any club discipline, they are effectively denying our club a use of resources they did not do to another club who effectively committed the same offence. They are no strangers to hypocrisy however this goes beyond under the table favouritism...

Aww I agree, they absolutely ran amok when they were over there, making an arse of the people who allowed them to go. That's even more reason as to why they weren't punished, the SPFL would rather it was forgotten about, they got the piss ripped right out them & it was easier to just brush it under the carpet and forget it ever happened.

Their Dubai fiasco is worse than players having a takeaway with their burds in a house, everybody knows that, both are breaking the rules but 1 definitely outweighs the other. The issue we'll have is the fact an almost identical situation already happened. Edmundson/Jones were at a small house party after a match, got caught by the plod/fined but they weren't around the main squad the next day as it was a day off, It's almost like for like what's happened this time!

It's not a fight we're going to win if we go down that road, if we can get away with the players being banned, that's the end of it & we move on then I'll take it in a heartbeat. They were very unlikely to be involved after this anyway, Gerrard wouldn't stand for it.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I have been thinking this morning that maybe you have got this right, the Club have decided to use the 'tarrier system' of putting out an initial short statement saying an investigation is being held and leave it at that, because it seems that is all you need to do and it is never mentioned again. Simples. :pipe:

Yup the old ‘ra or system and now adopted by the snp on a regular basis.

Just now, the cry was no said:

Couldn't disagree more sorry Valance.

They were given permission to go, not permission to breech the rules and if anything they should have been above and beyond

They weren't allowed to use the bar area or the pool area (even if they had exclusive use of the facilities) in the same way that Jones and Edmundson weren't allowed to go to a party.

7 game bans v radio silence is inconsistent and wrong.

8-10 of their players have played in matches over the past 5 weeks when they should have been sitting in the stand suspended like Jones and Edmundson were.

Because the authorities gave them permission to go to Dubai doesn't mean they can do what the fuck they want when they're there

Nobody is disputing that mate & they should've been punished in a similar way

The reason they weren't is its a PR nightmare for the SPFL to deal with after giving them permission to go. Not saying it's right but it's easier for them to let the media/government etc rip the taigs to shreds & keep themselves out of it instead of going in and banning half their squad for taking the piss on a trip they authorised!

This time, like Edmundson/Jones, its far far easier to show their 'authority' by banning a few players who have already been done by the police/suspended by the club. Us fighting it is going to do absolutely nothing except keep this going & cause a distraction when we have important games coming up. 

The fact we've not said anything since Sunday night makes me think even more that's the route the club will take, hammer the players involved & make sure the rest know the consequences. Forget about them & what they have/haven't done, only we can fuck things for ourselves now, regardless of what they do.