COVID Breach

falkirkNS

4 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Why is the club suspending our own players ?

Granted,I am hammered,but what do we gain from this? Surely fine them,let them know they fucked up, and have them available now they have supposidly tested negative ?

Don’t think you can let them away with it when they will have been clearly warned after the Jones/edmundson saga. Tbf still don’t really know what’s happened so fuck knows mate 😂

17 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The manager can sit there and point to the Griffiths House party that no one gave a fuck about at the time. Or Scotlands celebrations after qualifying Fuck the press don't give a fuck what they think. Hypocrites to a man

Fucking he’ll mate 0-100mph! You’ve gone from questioning whether we should anything at all to that!

No, just an in between will do and hypocrites or not they set the tone, can pressure governments - the last thing we need is them on our backs. 

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

See this is where I disagree. Today, SSB made an apology (a feeble one) online about a complaint our board made to them. We could have went public and made a statement but we made a private complaint and kept it professional. It was SSB who went public with the apology.

No one knows why the club remain silent (they will have a reason) on this but they were very adamant in the brief statement put out that there would be no further comment.

The least statements the better imo.

A statement is coming tomorrow whether we like it our not - whether that’s our manager having to deal with it in his press conference or we control it by releasing something beforehand for him to point to is yet to be known.

As someone who works with the media, I’d say the second option far outweighs the first. 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

The problem with getting the wrong end of the stick is that you feel obliged to stick with it even if it’s jaggy and a bit shitty.

:lol:

Pretty sure I never used my job as well to stick the boot into the club to anyone who will listen at any opportunity. 

What have I missed in the last 8 hours or so stuck at the hospital today?? 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

A statement is coming tomorrow whether we like it our not - whether that’s our manager having to deal with it in his press conference or we control it by releasing something beforehand for him to point to is yet to be known.

As someone who works with the media, I’d say the second option far outweighs the first. 

Gerrard is employed by the board. He is certainly not going to forward information against their wishes.

The board said there will be no further comment. I take their word on that.

34 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard will take one question about the subject and shut it down so bad that the journos will say no more. One of the things Gerrard is really good at is the press management.

Those above him are fucking horrific though. 

he's been dealing with the English press for years - especially on international duty. 

1 minute ago, Marco said:

he's been dealing with the English press for years - especially on international duty. 

Remember his first few months in charge how many times he cringed at the questions put his way. Sure a few journos were replaced at our pressers for being so bad. Even today they are still asking the ridiculous. Tomorrow presser will be a one shot shutdown.

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard is employed by the board. He is certainly not going to forward information against their wishes.

The board said there will be no further comment. I take their word on that.

I’m with you, say nothing to the press but just as long as they’re working behind the scene. Next press conference if asked say football only questions and dismiss and move to a different reporter if they ask 

39 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Why is the club suspending our own players ?

Granted,I am hammered,but what do we gain from this? Surely fine them,let them know they fucked up, and have them available now they have supposidly tested negative ?

Because regardless of anyone’s views on punishment the silly cunts could infect the squad and compromise our push to 55 as well as Europe and The Cup.  Imagine they returned to training having picked up COVID and infected the whole team.   

29 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

And we say. The employees involved will isolate for 10 days, will be fined and strongly reminded of their responsibilities. We would expect the football authorities to also take action as they did with Jones and Edmundson. However subsequent Covid breaches have been ignored, so it isn't clear what the current situation is. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Really is dug shit. 

Only decent football write up and analysis is through the Athletic. Standard of mainstream journalism is really bad. 

Clubs have as big a part to play in it tbh. Some clubs micro-manage pressers and insists only certain topics are covered and some managers don't like talking about anything other than the game. There's also certain questions that generally need to be hit in every presser like team news etc. With Rangers in particular it's become really hard to get any real substance to answers as David Graham limits who can ask Qs and how many and will try to move things on if he doesn't want someone asking a q. A lot of the best stuff comes when you can follow-up on initial questions and get some more depth to it.

Athletic is somewhat of an unfair comparion to most MSM as they aren't having to produce 15+ pieces of content each day. I'd LOVE to be able to spend my week working on four or five pieces but a reliance on ad revenue means they need to hit a balance between clicks and quality/depth on content (I'll put out at least 10 articles five days a week, plus YouTube content) Having a paid subscriber base (much of which is us-based and couldn't give a shit less about SPFL) eases that considerably.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Yes he was there 

Idiot, the player not you, to be clear 👍

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Cant wait to see staunchy try mute someone on Zoom for asking about it only for the next question to be about it.

You really don't like him and this is before this situation 😄

Just now, badjon said:

Idiot, the player not you, to be clear 👍

You really don't like him and this is before this situation 😄

I wish I could say I was exaggerating when I say I hear something every single week that leaves me with my head in my hands. There are League One sides with volunteers running their PR/comms who do a better job.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sports journalism in Scotland is at an all-time low. Leckie pens himself as a journalist yet writes to the equivalent of a seven year old. Jackson & Spiers are agitators in order to gain attention which makes them irrelevant. I could go on...

A journalist is a reporter which means they garner information through at least two sources then write based on the information given. Writers have become far to lazy these days to investigate and would rather gain attention through controversial or sensational tweets.

Two of the three are largely only columnists now. Their entire schtick is based around their opinion rather than reporting news.