COVID Breach

falkirkNS

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wish I could say I was exaggerating when I say I hear something every single week that leaves me with my head in my hands. There are League One sides with volunteers running their PR/comms who do a better job.

What is it that has changed so markedly that has caused this? Is it it a control the narrative to extremes type of deal in how he handles it?

1 minute ago, badjon said:

What is it that has changed so markedly that has caused this? Is it it a control the narrative to extremes type of deal in how he handles it?

Yeah, pretty much. Seems to think that by making life difficult for people will make them fall in line. It doesn't. It just makes enemies of people.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

A columnist is a journalist. 

Not really. A journalist prints stuff that people don't want published. So a journalist would get a hold of as many photos of Celtc's jolly to Dubai and do an expose of just how many breaches of Covid-19 protocol took place and the players who needed to be investigated and banned by the authorities. 

A columnist says that mistakes were made and we have to move on. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They are (usually but not always) and the role you detailed is more that of a reporter than a columnist.

Barry Ferguson and Chris Sutton are columnists, would you say either are journalists?

They’re opinionists. Clickbaiters. 

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sports journalism in Scotland is at an all-time low. Leckie pens himself as a journalist yet writes to the equivalent of a seven year old. Jackson & Spiers are agitators in order to gain attention which makes them irrelevant. I could go on...

A journalist is a reporter which means they garner information through at least two sources then write based on the information given. Writers have become far to lazy these days to investigate and would rather gain attention through controversial or sensational tweets.

Spiers has just been rehired by the Herald which is quite incredible 

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wish I could say I was exaggerating when I say I hear something every single week that leaves me with my head in my hands. There are League One sides with volunteers running their PR/comms who do a better job.

Who is it in charge of our PR and Comms? Out of interest

Just now, The Dude said:

They are (usually but not always) and the role you detailed is more that of a reporter than a columnist.

Barry Ferguson and Chris Sutton are columnists, would you say either are journalists?

No they are not journalist. This is my point these days. Journalism is in the gutter and they only write what the editor wants to hear. And that is why no one asks hard questions at pressers.  I get irked at you when you pen yourself as one. (I saw your LinkedIn page). There is nothing wrong in having a voice as a blogger if you do it the right way.

Why bother getting an English degree these days when people are allowed to write utter rubbish without formal education?

Anyway, this is going off-topic.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

A columnist is a journalist. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

No they are not journalist. This is my point these days. Journalism is in the gutter and they only write what the editor wants to hear. And that is why no one asks hard questions at pressers.  I get irked at you when you pen yourself as one. (I saw your LinkedIn page). There is nothing wrong in having a voice as a blogger if you do it the right way.

Why bother getting an English degree these days when people are allowed to write utter rubbish without formal education?

Anyway, this is going off-topic.

Ok.

Fucking weird going searching out my LinkedIn profile :whut:

Just now, The Dude said:

Ok.

Fucking weird going searching out my LinkedIn profile :whut:

Why? Because I caught you out lying?

I worked my arse off to get my English degree and it took me a year longer than it should have so I get irked when I see someone saying they are something they are not. 

Especially when they are smug about it.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard will take one question about the subject and shut it down so bad that the journos will say no more. One of the things Gerrard is really good at is the press management.

Those above him are fucking horrific though. 

Honestly think that even if the club had dragged any culprits into the centre circle and flogged them within an inch of thier lives,then told the worlds media they were finished at Rangers,that SG would still be asked stupid questions like why didn't you just give them a couple of more lashes.
We as a club will never be ALLOWED to do the correct thing in this shite hole while we have the haters running the whole show.
Also agree that the top of the tree are fuckin amatuers.

15 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Just in time for his follow up article about stevie g when he took over ,put that in ur pipe and smoke it ya saddle sniffing bastard 

I thought the mrs picked this and she wee man picked it himself 2day ,know it's true as shes no even a rangers fan ,hates the papes tho 

20210216_190146.jpg

Yeah, first question ‘so Steven, are you still quietly terrified’

:lol:

19 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Just in time for his follow up article about stevie g when he took over ,put that in ur pipe and smoke it ya saddle sniffing bastard 

I thought the mrs picked this and she wee man picked it himself 2day ,know it's true as shes no even a rangers fan ,hates the papes tho 

20210216_190146.jpg

Thumb like a chicken drumstick imo

57 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Clubs have as big a part to play in it tbh. Some clubs micro-manage pressers and insists only certain topics are covered and some managers don't like talking about anything other than the game. There's also certain questions that generally need to be hit in every presser like team news etc. With Rangers in particular it's become really hard to get any real substance to answers as David Graham limits who can ask Qs and how many and will try to move things on if he doesn't want someone asking a q. A lot of the best stuff comes when you can follow-up on initial questions and get some more depth to it.

Athletic is somewhat of an unfair comparion to most MSM as they aren't having to produce 15+ pieces of content each day. I'd LOVE to be able to spend my week working on four or five pieces but a reliance on ad revenue means they need to hit a balance between clicks and quality/depth on content (I'll put out at least 10 articles five days a week, plus YouTube content) Having a paid subscriber base (much of which is us-based and couldn't give a shit less about SPFL) eases that considerably.

It’s not just coverage of the pressers. In general, discussion, analysis and even opinion pieces are just so dumbed down and lacking substance it’s not even funny. Lack of quality is embarrassing. 

Maybe, but it’s the benchmark in terms of quality I think and isn’t just any old clickbait shite that most sites push out.