COVID Breach

falkirkNS

I'd be done with them all now. The thing for me is that this probably isn't the first time, it's just the time they were caught, and given the appetite in Scotland to fuck us that scares me - now it's fine by me for anyone to take a risk with their career, it is unforgivable for anyone to take a risk with the Club.

8 minutes ago, TerryTibbs said:

You can’t compare boozegate with what those fucking wanks have done though. 

For them to have seen the outcry at Edmundson and Jones... and then still decide to do it. what they have done is beyond thick. I’m not sure they deserve a second chance. The consequences for what they did could have been disastrous. 

I absolutely get that, and I agree that it's much more serious.

There's a part of me that thinks we should just cut them loose and forget about them, but when you stop and think about it, what is that going to achieve? It might make us feel good in terms of "teaching them a lesson", but it won't change what's happened and it's not going to put the club in a better position.

Zungu will be away in the summer, so forget about him. Terminate his loan now if you want, because he's got a club to go back to and it's unlikely he'll play for us again anyway. With the youngsters, fine them, keep them away from the first team for an extended period (likely through pre-season) and see what their attitude is. If they show a willingness to fight for their place and work their way back into a position of trust then you know they've got a bit of grit about them. If they take the huff or spit the dummy out then get rid.

6 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Foden and Greenwood brought girls to their national team hotel during Covid, since then Fodens started more games and become one of cities best and Greenwood got a massive new contract yday, be quiet about releasing them ffs. I’m sure if Man City and Utd can move on, so can we.

This 100% for Patterson. Good post.

Not so sure we will keep the other 4 though.

9 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Foden and Greenwood brought girls to their national team hotel during Covid, since then Fodens started more games and become one of cities best and Greenwood got a massive new contract yday, be quiet about releasing them ffs. I’m sure if Man City and Utd can move on, so can we.

None of them done it during their clubs biggest season in years. 

Also, who gives a fuck what clubs in England done?

28 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Sat down with the SFA and Gov....it’s really no concern of the Gov. They broke the law, they got their fine. The club will also fine them and most likely worse. 
The SFA will no doubt hand out massive bans that only seem to apply to our players. 

I'm sure the Joint Response Group involves government and authorities. We deal with this group for covid protocols,  failings etc. So its very much necessary to discuss issues with them.

11 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

If anything we will now see if these guys have what it takes mentally to play for us, if their heart is in it. 

Zungu as the oldest must have his loan terminated and his place given to a younger player to show that if you stick by the rules, you get rewards.

He must be the example to the others, but by god we should make them work hard for any further opportunities In or around the first team. If they want it, fair enough. If they don't, then they are welcome to exit. 

Exactly this. Give the youngsters the opportunity to earn a second chance, but make them work for it.

Zungu is away at the end of the season for sure and likely won't play for us again, so terminate now.

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Patterson won’t be let go 

After a few days thinking about it I believe you are correct, and hope he can retrieve his career, he will have to show real willingness to do that, and I feel he will grasp that chance. Hopefully.  

6 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Absolutely. Get some of the promising youths into the squad. 

I really hope this is a learning curve for Gerrard too and these stupid loans from backwater French teams or Liverpool academy ticky takas players.

Kelly and Kennedy better be in the first team pool of 23/24 players next season

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The whole ‘during the biggest season in years’ thing is bollocks. So you’re saying this would be acceptable if we were in third?

and yeah who cares what 2 massive footballing mega-clubs have done... 

10 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

We don’t have to cut ties with the youngsters ffs, they made a mistake, they’ll have learnt. Move on. 

In a normal season if they'd went to a party before a match or something then aye they've made a mistake and we move on.

They've watched what happened to Edmundson/Jones, they've seen other clubs getting fucked with Covid stuff & decide to go to a party 5 days before our Europa league match. 

If they hadn't been caught we would've forfeited tomorrow night & potentially had to forfeit Sunday...it's not a case of them making a wee mistake, it would've been fucking catastrophic if they hadn't been caught

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because when the dust settles you have to be sensible in your decision making.

Jones was always away anyway, stinking attitude and did nothing to impress SG. 

Edmundson was going to be loaned out as he was 4th, maybe 5th choice in centre back.

They have colossally fucked up but to suggest they should be binned is utterly ridiculous. If they can prove their worth then they can make up for this and earn their way back into the squad.

Maybe not so much Zungu simply because he is only a fringe loan player anyway. 

7 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Fuck noes, I'm more worried why there was still a Christmas tree up in the background. Loan should be terminated on that basis alone if it was his flat.

His loan should be terminated for trying to fire in about a bird with a papish surname imo