BBC attending Antwerp presser while ignoring Rangers' is pathetic from national broadcaster

The Dude

Rangers' dispute with BBC Scotland sees the national broadcaster continue to refuse to send any reporters to Ibrox to cover matches or press conferences - but their appearance at Royal Antwerp manager Franky Vercauteren's pre-match presser ahead of tonight's clash with the Light Blues is pathetic from the taxpayer-funded outlet.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/bbc-attending-antwerp-presser-while-ignoring-rangers-is-pathetic-from-national-broadcaster/

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked this bit, 

On the bright side though, it is going to be fun watching McLaughlin try to report on 55 from his wee spot outside Ibrox where the burger vans usually sit.

hopefully they’ll be some bear’s there to give him some hassle if he try’s it. 

Decent read.

Be amazed if the BBC downsouth aren't asking questions when they are looking to report Gerrard's first trophy as manager and the massive story of our revival and they receive footage of a specky bald gimp standing on a roundabout on his jack jones in the pissing rain whilst every other outlet has decent access and pictures.

Its an outrage these cunts are refusing to cover us fairly or even at all when ostensibly, we are forced to fund them.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Rangers' dispute with BBC Scotland sees the national broadcaster continue to refuse to send any reporters to Ibrox to cover matches or press conferences - but their appearance at Royal Antwerp manager Franky Vercauteren's pre-match presser ahead of tonight's clash with the Light Blues is pathetic from the taxpayer-funded outlet.

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/bbc-attending-antwerp-presser-while-ignoring-rangers-is-pathetic-from-national-broadcaster/

thats why i refuse to pay my licence

BBC Scotland shouldn’t have the option of going to Ibrox to cover anything Rangers related.

We should be the ones issuing a ban until such times as we get assure that coverage will be even and balanced, an acknowledgement that this has not been the case for a number of years and a full public apology from BBC Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

BBC Scotland is an embarrassment 

Sportscene is an embarrassment of a highlight show and that utter shite song they use for the intro should be enough to see the show cancelled itself 

What even is that theme all about 😂 it's not even match of the day bad, it's worse with the crowd noise and that God awful commentator screeching through it😂

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

What even is that theme all about 😂 it's not even match of the day bad, it's worse with the crowd noise and that God awful commentator screeching through it😂

Absolute dog shite. Every few years they seem to change the song and I’m not sure if it gets worse or stays just as bad as it was.

Think it was Glavegas - Geraldine at one stage which was actually decent but they left that and reverted back to standard pish form :lol: 

Mind this screamer?

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

I want to stop my licence but I've heard they come to the door and can use bullying tactics against women?

I don’t know if they target certain genders but I suppose they would get more aggressive in their tone if they suspect they could get away with it with maybe a lone female, pensioners, young folk etc. I’ve dealt with one who was ok and had a friendly tone like a salesman and it ended up him saying he’d get the van up 🤣

4 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

I want to stop my licence but I've heard they come to the door and can use bullying tactics against women when the man is working?

Either don’t open the door or open the door simply say no thank you and close it again. 

No need to argue with them, they have no right of entry to your property 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Absolute dog shite. Every few years they seem to change the song and I’m not sure if it gets worse or stays just as bad as it was.

Think it was Glavegas - Geraldine at one stage which was actually decent but they left that and reverted back to standard pish form :lol: 

Mind this screamer?

That song wasn't too bad. Awful intro footage though. 

It at least wasn't something you would expect Glenn Michael's show to be introduced to, or some 1980's game show 😂

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Mind this screamer?

They had the Darkness and Avril Lavine songs too bizarrely

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Read more: https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/bbc-attending-antwerp-presser-while-ignoring-Rangers-is-pathetic-from-national-broadcaster/

Don’t think I’ve ever agreed with you more. Been going so long that it’s now almost accepted. I also resent them quoting comments made to proper media.

Not acceptable from a national broadcaster.

Archived