BBC attending Antwerp presser while ignoring Rangers' is pathetic from national broadcaster

The Dude

7 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

not sure if you're being serious.

fuck the nation. if you're a Rangers fan you'll know what we're about to win and if you're not a Rangers fan then you can fuck off. 

Pretty inward looking attitude mate, we should be looking to get new fans on board and strengthen our brand throughout the country.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I wish the people running the club could just rise above all this petty nonsense, apologise to the BBC, lift the ban and let them begin coverage of our monumental achievement.

The nation deserves to know about the best team in the land.

🤔

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

BBC Scotland is an embarrassment 

Sportscene is an embarrassment of a highlight show and that utter shite song they use for the intro should be enough to see the show cancelled itself 

Some YouTube amateurs have more polished product than Sportscene .

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Pretty shocked they've managed to continue their self-enforced snubbing of our club, especially since Gerrard came up here. You would think their pay masters at the BBC would be forcing them to stop being biased twats to get a working relationship with Gerrard being the name he is.

You would think once 55 is secure the pressure will increase from down south to sort this out. 

It's still amazing but this all boils down to one petty individual in McLaughlin having a vendetta because we rightly pulled his press pass for reporting bullshit about us. 

18 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

You can pretty much guarantee BBC Scotland, whether it’s radio or digital print, will describe our title win as the Club’s first, before scurrying into an unseen space to make a hollow apology.

And I can’t wait. They're hurting big time.

They put all their chips on a tarrier stronghold for decades. Clear as day.

Easier to knock us, harder to praise us.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Absolute dog shite. Every few years they seem to change the song and I’m not sure if it gets worse or stays just as bad as it was.

Think it was Glavegas - Geraldine at one stage which was actually decent but they left that and reverted back to standard pish form :lol: 

Mind this screamer?

That song will always remind me of the 3-2 final against the tarriers

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

They're on par i think with the two Geordie boys who haven't a clue who the players are i think.

Some of the donation names on that are hilarious and go right over their heads :lol: 

“That’s a €5 donation from Bobby Sands 8 Nil in Larkhall, a bold prediction there, thanks for the support”

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

You would think once 55 is secure the pressure will increase from down south to sort this out. 

It's still amazing but this all boils down to one petty individual in McLaughlin having a vendetta because we rightly pulled his press pass for reporting bullshit about us. 

I know ,it may sneak under the radar just now ,

You can imagine the head of sport in Salford phoning up and asking for a local reporter to go to Ibrox or Auchenhowie with a few questions suited for the rest of the country .

😁

Gerrard is fast becoming a big story in England too. 

Is it just the Scottish BBC who are playing this game. And is it just Scottish BBC journalists who have been told by the BBC not to go to Ibrox.

With the increasing coverage of Steve Gerrard in the Englsh media, I'm sure a few English BBC journos might be becoming  more interested in the story. Are  they been banned by the BBC too ?

Has the BBC ever had a previous policy of banning sports journalists from covering news stories because of their own biased employees within the corporation  ?

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I wish the people running the club could just rise above all this petty nonsense, apologise to the BBC, lift the ban and let them begin coverage of our monumental achievement.

The nation deserves to know about the best team in the land.

The BBC are allowed to cover us - it's McLaughlin who we banned. BBC want to stand behind their man so boycott it is. It's really McLaughlin's second ban and I don't see the need for the club to back down on him just to appease the BBC. 55 will still receive national coverage, but it's important for the club to show a little bit of backbone when it comes to reporters up here.

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Strengthen our brand for sure mate. I’m more thinking of world domination. 😉

Until we win a trophy we don't even dominate our city.

Let's be honest here if James Forrest was fit and there weren't secret mitigating circumstances we'd be second again.

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Gerrard is fast becoming a big story in England too. 

Is it just the Scottish BBC who are playing this game. And is it just Scottish BBC journalists who have been told by the BBC not to go to Ibrox.

With the increasing coverage of Steve Gerrard in the Englsh media, I'm sure a few English BBC journos might be becoming  more interested in the story. Are  they been banned by the BBC too ?

Has the BBC ever had a previous policy of banning sports journalists from covering news stories because of their own biased employees within the corporation  ?

Jim white would have it spread all over England via Sky Sports had he not took the St Mirren job.

3 minutes ago, Marco said:

The BBC are allowed to cover us - it's McLaughlin who we banned. BBC want to stand behind their man so boycott it is. It's really McLaughlin's second ban and I don't see the need for the club to back down on him just to appease the BBC. 55 will still receive national coverage, but it's important for the club to show a little bit of backbone when it comes to reporters up here.

We are the last remaining bastion of Britishness left in this country, we should man up and apologise and leave the petty feuds for others.

Archived