Our Captain

The Godfather

8 hours ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Half-hearted is harsh. He didn’t go right through the tackle as he was trying to retain possession imo. In hindsight he should have taken everything.

8 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Only in RM can Tav get blamed for an injury ffs

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Really such a post of nonsense / there was nothing half hearted about how he went in ( nor anything wrong with the defenders tackle) - he went in full blast and hurt his knee in a purely sports related injury! 

If you’re going into a 50/50 the last thing you do is go in with an open foot. Protect yourself. Go in hard but fair. He’s ended up injured the way he’s went in 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, SK RFC said:

If you’re going into a 50/50 the last thing you do is go in with an open foot. Protect yourself. Go in hard but fair. He’s ended up injured the way he’s went in 

This. He hasn't bottled or gone in half hearted but going in with the in-step is what has caused that injury 100%.

Gutted we could miss him now as think it showed when Polster came in for him before, we lose a lot of balance down that side without him. 

That said, I thought big Balogun did alright. He didn't want to venture forward too much but as he grew into the game he started going for it. I'd not be surprised to see Jack in there at the weekend but wouldn't mind Balogun either.

Just want to get this title wrapped up asap.

13 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

That said, I thought big Balogun did alright. He didn't want to venture forward too much but as he grew into the game he started going for it. I'd not be surprised to see Jack in there at the weekend but wouldn't mind Balogun either.

Just want to get this title wrapped up asap.

Yeah i think balogun would be an alright cover, you could see moments when Tav would go that but further forward though whereas Balogun takes a safer option. But just need to persevere.

For the team they need to be switch on, defensive needs to continue its hard work and the forwards need to be more clinical in domestic games, these 1-0 wins do get 3 points but much more risky and cagey then they need to be. Finish games off and it gives the defence some leway 

10 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah i think balogun would be an alright cover, you could see moments when Tav would go that but further forward though whereas Balogun takes a safer option.

Barisic was much more advanced than he has been for some time. Perhaps due to this?

Just now, JograBear said:

Baresic was much more advanced than he has been for some time. Perhaps due to this?

Possibly, could just be sheer coincidence too that might not even matter come domestic games

but next week could be pretty interesting line up wise if Tavs knock is serious. At Ibrox though going in on away goal and goal advantage you have to fancy us strongly though even without the skipper

My concern when I saw it was that it coud be a torn ligament.

If so it would be a couple of (crucial) months R&R before the he can start strengthening it. (when its very sensitive/fragile to any turning/twisting movement)

That would be so unfair on the man who has led us back to where we belong. Sincerely hope that it's less serious as Tav deserves to play in the match that secures 55!

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Gerrard saying he'll be out for at least a few games, and we may look for 'outside' options.

Seems a free agent may be brought in.

Looks like he knows it’s going to be more than a few games if we’re looking at bringing someone in. Do we qualify for an emergency loan? Or would it have to be a free?

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

Looks like he knows it’s going to be more than a few games if we’re looking at bringing someone in. Do we qualify for an emergency loan? Or would it have to be a free?

Think he was just saying there are options. Said he's comfortable with Leon playing there, he did so in Germany, and Jack could as well, as could Kamara or Arfield at a push, or we may bring in someone.

But yea, that's what he said, so think he knows he's out for a while.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s actually a half decent player. Is he on a free? Last i heard he was at Forest. Would be a good short term replacement 

I just remember seeing.something in January about him and sure it said he was on a free at the time

If hes at forrest then ignore this :lol:

Archived