Our Captain

The Godfather

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Have the SFA signed off on a post-January work permit process? They had a transitional arrangement for the transfer window but I haven't kept up to date on what the new process is. If it's anything like England some of the players mentioned above would struggle to be approved under the new criteria.

Fucking ridiculous if a Champions league winner with 26 major honours in his career can't get a work permit.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

“Finally got something for behind the couch to finish the living room off” 

“Show me on facetime” 

“Facetime disconnects” 

39292063-E20B-45AB-8FAE-98D709DAE741.jpeg

Aw fine n well but the next time he misplaces a pass you’ll be calling him aw the shitebags under the sun :lol:

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

Aw fine n well but the next time he misplaces a pass you’ll be calling him aw the shitebags under the sun :lol:

No really. Consistently said he’s the best RB in Europe. I have an unhealthy obsession with our full backs. 

Only time I’ve felt out with him was last March after Hamilton, I thought he was a goner

9 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Fucking ridiculous if a Champions league winner with 26 major honours in his career can't get a work permit.

He would (I think his Champions League points would make him safe as he's in a Band 4 league) but some of the others wouldn't. Rafinha no chance signing anyway as he's played for both Flamengo and Olympiakos this season so he's not eligible to play for anyone else until July.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

No really. Consistently said he’s the best RB in Europe. I have an unhealthy obsession with our full backs. 

Only time I’ve felt out with him was last March after Hamilton, I thought he was a goner

Nae bother

John Greig was injured when we won the league in 1975, and happened to stop their attempt at 10 , came on in the last few minutes of the game at Easter road to be on the pitch when we won it. Hopefully Tav isn't out for long but a coincidence.....

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He would (I think his Champions League points would make him safe as he's in a Band 4 league) but some of the others wouldn't. Rafinha no chance signing anyway as he's played for both Flamengo and Olympiakos this season so he's not eligible to play for anyone else until July.

you sure? not sure how brazilian seasons work but wiki has him as playing for them in 2020, but olympiakos in season 2020-21 - so not sure if he would be eligible or not

EDIT: seems he would be eligible, however his reason for leaving Olympiakos was to be close to his family in brazil - during COVID that makes sense tbf

9 minutes ago, stevemac said:

you sure? not sure how brazilian seasons work but wiki has him as playing for them in 2020, but olympiakos in season 2020-21 - so not sure if he would be eligible or not

EDIT: seems he would be eligible, however his reason for leaving Olympiakos was to be close to his family in brazil - during COVID that makes sense tbf

Yeah you are right, if its a cross season start like in Brazil then he would be, but apparently if he's terminated his contract early then he wouldn't be eligible for a third club(?). 

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So what's the deal here? Is the loan window still open or is it only free transfers/out of contract players?

Out of contract players. You can get emergency loans for GKs.

I don't know what the deal is for emergency loans / transfers for other players in Scotland is. Never looked it up.

48 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Yet, you go into a match thread since Xmas and all you read is Tav's having a shocker, Tav's been shit for ages, Tav needs dropped etc etc.

Peak RM! :lol:

Spot on. Whether we agree with match to match player ratings and opinions, this has never been exclusive only to Tav. I can think of half a dozen others who've had similar treatment, on the whole, during games. That said, Tav is our club captain, well respected by his peers and when we lift the league trophy he'll have his reward for the past few years commitment to the cause. Fingers crossed for a speedy return for him.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Does anyone know if you can make emergency transfers in Scotland? @The Dude?

I didn't even know emergency transfers were allowed under FIFA rules until Martin Braithwaite signed for Barca. I assumed it was just loans for GKs that were allowed.

That deal was crooked as fuck, Barcelona got permission to sign him, yet his previous club were denied that same permission to sign a replacement. absolute joke

Just now, the goal machine said:

We not got any decent RBs in the youth system aside from wee party animal Patterson?

Would be very risky and a bit unfair throwing a youth player with 0 experience in to a game even against the likes of Dundee United as a starter. Plus it would be a bit pointless as we all know that after the suspension Patterson will be back as no. 2 in that position.

The most sensible option is to either play/rotate Balogun there until tav is fit again, or if its a longer term injury for a few months then possibly bringing in a freebie on a deal til the end of the season and sub him on for Balogun after x minutes to build up match sharpness. I would imagine we will just use Balogun til Tav is fit though.

Archived