Almost there...

BlueSuedeSambas

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/02/2021 at 15:42, King Jela said:

We could have had a massive lead by the end of the 09-10 season but took our foot off the gas big time. They had a fair few 18+ points leads over us in my time so to do this this of all seasons is just, uft, how do you put it into words? Honestly haha 

Were you not alive during the Advocatt and Mcleish years? Pretty sure that we had over a 20pnt lead over them on more than 1 occasion???

12 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

McLeish won both of his championships on the final day.

I might be thinking about when they had John Barnes as manager, so around '99. And pretty sure Advocatt's first title was with a 20 point lead. 

But aye, you're right about Mcleish '03 and '05. Two of the top 5 league wins in my life time. Number 1 being 9 in a row, number 2 was in '99 at the scumdome. 3 being '03, 4 is '05 and 5 being Walter's last game at Killie. This league win could top the lot though. Just a shame about this Covid shite. 

The day we win the majority of people should have had their first Covid jag. Fucking brutal that 3 cases of that Brazil variant has been found in both Scotland and England each. Could end up with a Mega lockdown.  

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I might be thinking about when they had John Barnes as manager, so around '99. And pretty sure Advocatt's first title was with a 20 point lead. 

But aye, you're right about Mcleish '03 and '05. Two of the top 5 league wins in my life time. Number 1 being 9 in a row, number 2 was in '99 at the scumdome. 3 being '03, 4 is '05 and 5 being Walter's last game at Killie. This league win could top the lot though. Just a shame about this Covid shite. 

The day we win the majority of people should have had their first Covid jag. Fucking brutal that 3 cases of that Brazil variant has been found in both Scotland and England each. Could end up with a Mega lockdown.  

I was born here so the Brazilian covid won't impact me thankfully. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Fucking brutal that 3 cases of that Brazil variant has been found in both Scotland and England each. Could end up with a Mega lockdown.  

It’ll be shutdown, the processes are in place already.

Bbc

Regarding the cases in Scotland, the government said the three people had tested positive while self-isolating.

Other passengers who were on the same flight from London to Aberdeen are now being contacted.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’ll be shutdown, the processes are in place already.

Bbc

Regarding the cases in Scotland, the government said the three people had tested positive while self-isolating.

Other passengers who were on the same flight from London to Aberdeen are now being contacted.

The flight originated in Brazil  went to Paris then London then Aberdeen.  

I thought we had a total block on flights from the whole of south America and Portugal?

If it's that easy for a south American flight to get in to the UK that is amateur regulations. Would think they would check where the flight started its journey from plus all stops during the flight. Not bloody hard to do. Surprised that there is only 6 cases. 

I thought we had a total block on flights from the whole of south America and Portugal?

If it's that easy for a south American flight to get in to the UK that is amateur regulations. Would think they would check where the flight started its journey from plus all stops during the flight. Not bloody hard to do. Surprised that there is only 6 cases. 

I think the flight came to the UK prior to the isolation restrictions being introduced (could be wrong though)

Portugal's in South America

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

The "in through the back door" loophole that has existed for a fortnight now. Although there's a block on direct flights into the UK for 30+ countries, Brazil being one of them, if you arrive via a point not on the list, you're in!  Where it becomes further illogical and farcical is if you arrived directly from France into Scotland(no flights operating right enough), you'd need to quarantine in a hotel. However, if you break your journey in England, Wales, N or S Ireland, the CTA, then fly on to Scotland, no hotel quarantine is required, only self isolation and self testing on day 2 and day 8, at home. The BA flights operating into Scotland from Heathrow are therefore at best, high risk.  

I would be interested to know if these characters declared the origination of their entire journey. If they had a separate airline ticket, originating in Paris, the onus is on them to respect others and be honest in what's declared.      

Archived