Super Ally

hooooootchy

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

John Greig was a shite manager and was voted the best Rangers player ever.

McCoist will always be my favourite and is a true legend at the club.

People were so bitter about Ally cause it was so fresh. Years have passed since JG was manager and people have put the negativity behind them and recognize him as the true Rangers man that he is

The same is already starting to happen with Ally. Some are still bitter but most are over it including myself. I hope he's there when we get 55

Hes the greatest player we've ever had imo, my favourite Rangers player hands down

9a5f18fdad667c0ee06834930fc5bc74.jpg

34 minutes ago, Willis said:

People were so bitter about Ally cause it was so fresh. Years have passed since JG was manager and people have put the negativity behind them and recognize him as the true Rangers man that he is

The same is already starting to happen with Ally. Some are still bitter but most are over it including myself. I hope he's there when we get 55

Hes the greatest player we've ever had imo, my favourite Rangers player hands down

That picture, man. My favourite ever Rangers goal.

He did save our titles from the 5 Way Agreement, of that I am sure. I think he had to manage in an impossible situation, don't forget he had us in a good position before we were robbed of points in 2012 - after the majority of our squad left and vultures took the boardroom the cards were stacked against him. And this picture shows what managing and winning for Rangers meant to him, consider what him and the team prevented that day and how it might happen for us in a few weeks. Ultimately what sets our legends apart is that he knew when to call time on himself for the good of the Club and that's just as important a quality as being successful.

_59293322_mccoist.jpg

5 hours ago, JamieD said:

:lol:

What's this all about then? The guy goes from pro-IRA tweets to calling in for friendly chats with Rangers legends in the space of 2 years? Bizarre.

There seems to be a good number of people in Scotland that for some reason can't grasp that tweeting or showing support for the IRA is a bad thing and will land them in bother

I'm sure there was a story about a teacher getting in bother for it not long ago, how stupid do you have to be?

It might be the fact that they can just say "whoops silly me I'm sorry" and its all forgotten about 

13 hours ago, JamieD said:

:lol:

What's this all about then? The guy goes from pro-IRA tweets to calling in for friendly chats with Rangers legends in the space of 2 years? Bizarre.

He’s English, turned Irish and then turned English again.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So good I named my daughter after him - we get some strange looks calling her Alister but mainly we call her Super Ally! 

( ok not strictly true we called her Alison - but she is always Ally or Super Ally) 😬

So you named your daughter after his sister, not him 

On 22/02/2021 at 18:20, Willis said:

Also there was no social media in Greig's day so, compared to Ally he got off lightly. And don't forget it was Ally who suggested that huddle at the piggery when we won the title there. That in itself makes him a legend in my eyes.

Archived