Potential Invincible Centurions

EMRFC

54 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Side note, not been following in great detail, is the Scottish Cup happening this season? Saw people saying it was getting canned. 

Surely will get canned along with the Leagues 1 & 2. No chance they can squeeze in enough games unless they play well into the summer.

They could re-draw the Scottish Cup with only the top 2 leagues but that would create a shit storm.

57 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They got 106 points in 2016-17 which, quite frankly, was remarkable tbh. 

We'd need to win our last 8 games to mirror it. Would be an unbelievable achievement but with us still being in Europe and starting to rack up the injuries, I'm not sure we'll be able to. 

I think that's a record that will stand for a very long time for a 38 game season.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They could re-draw the Scottish Cup with only the top 2 leagues but that would create a shit storm.

Yeah the lower league teams would lose out on a bit of much needed money. Likely just write it off which it shouldve been done last year as wel but suppose they had to push the quad treble for the mhanks 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah the lower league teams would lose out on a bit of much needed money. Likely just write it off which it shouldve been done last year as wel but suppose they had to push the quad treble for the mhanks 

Could divide up the money they would be due for the missed round between the clubs missing out. Most money comes from the gate anyway so it's not like it would be alot. Maybe bump it up with another round of money. 

One thing the SFA will be determined to get their final as it's their money spinner.

2 hours ago, EMRFC said:

As it stands we are on 82 points with 8 games left to play, meaning we could potentially reach 106 points, and break the current record of 103.

I would 100% be satisfied with winning the league but the thought of this team becoming Invincible Centurions and the best team in SPL history is just so good.

Everything they 'achieved' in the past 9 years is tainted.They 'won' treble after treble,while often providing little more than shooting practice for Champions League opposition. They showed the SPL up for the corrupt little cesspit it really is. Their points 'records', should be treated with contempt.

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

They got 106 points in 2016-17 which, quite frankly, was remarkable tbh. 

We'd need to win our last 8 games to mirror it. Would be an unbelievable achievement but with us still being in Europe and starting to rack up the injuries, I'm not sure we'll be able to. 

I wouldn’t say it was remarkable, they had no competition 

8 games in the league left,take each game in Europe and SC as they come. Gerrard will have the players giving 100% so definitely invincible status possible in the league the way we're getting results. Hope Tav,Roofe and Jack's injuries aren't as bad cause we'll need every player we've got.

Three games left and we are champions again, if the we come through unscathed those games get the title in the paedo dome it will give us confidence to be invincibles at the end of the season.🇬🇧🇬🇧

10 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Doubt it’ll happen with us still in Europe tbh, once title is wrapped up I expect us to be resting payers in the league and concentrating on Europe 

I'm with this. If the league gets wrapped up I'd like us to start playing some youth and some fringe players.

19 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm with this. If the league gets wrapped up I'd like us to start playing some youth and some fringe players.

Potentially going further in Europe more important to us than any records, going another round could be the difference between being seeded or unseeded for champions league qualifiers next season and could seal 11th on the co efficient table. 

Archived