Whose your PotY?

RFCRobertson

Your current PotY  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Whose your current PotY

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tav deserves everything, he came here to win trophies and despite the criticism and tough times he's endured, he has kept his head down and fought to bring the league back to Ibrox. I think most (myself included) would have been happy to see him go before Gerrard took over and probably even after his first season in charge. Would love to see him finish his career here now and start stacking league titles.

It's actually too tough to pick one as everyone has had a spell where it's been their game, or games or month where they have stepped up and been the star player.

At the start of the season Kent was the man then Tav stepped up big time and was outstanding for about 3 months solid. In between October and December Roofe really stepped in and played well, Davis came in and changed the dynamic of the team when we were struggling with Jack and Kamara. Arfield also contributed similarly to Davis by changing the dynamic of the midfield and putting in some superb game winning performances.

After the turn of the year Hagi and Morelos really stepped up and were taking turns at winning games for us. McGregor since the turn of year has been superb and done his job when called upon. He's had 3 of 4 games since and including them at Ibrox where he has kept us unbeaten. 

Then there is the centre halfs, Goldson in particular, Barisic and Kamara who have quietly gone about there jobs and have been so effective. On the whole you could make an argument that over the 40 odd games we've played these three have been our most consistent players but just haven't shared as much of the limelight because they aren't winning us games necesarily (Goldson at parkhead and Barisic in Antwerp being exceptions).

What a fucking Rangers team we have!!!

22 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

Shagger, has single handedly won us more points than anyone else.

Without him I don’t think we are still unbeaten in the league.

McGregor.how many times he's stopped us from going behind and saving us points is  a big reason why we're at the top.

1 hour ago, M0NTANA said:

Tav deserves everything, he came here to win trophies and despite the criticism and tough times he's endured, he has kept his head down and fought to bring the league back to Ibrox. I think most (myself included) would have been happy to see him go before Gerrard took over and probably even after his first season in charge. Would love to see him finish his career here now and start stacking league titles.

Be brilliant to send Sutton a big fuck you. 

Id have McGregor , some of his saves to keep us in games have been outstanding , i dont think we would be top without him , Tav had a fantastic season , but i thought he fell away after Christmas , Davis and Goldson have also been brilliant . 

15 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Interesting that in a year when we are all conquering the top three in the list play in the back 5.   

Earlier in the season  I might well have voted for Glen Kamara or had Ryan Jack been fully fit all season,  Steve Davis is rightly a contender,  strange that no forwards are real contenders,  in the end I did vote for Alan McGregor 

Another excellent thing about this season is that the squad as a whole have stepped up. Wouldn’t complain if 4 of the main candidates got it. That’s shows how good we have been. Mcgregor, Tavernier, Goldson and Davis for me are all deserving.

Ive been looking back on the goals so far this season and it’s amazing how many times when games have been tight a certain player has stood out by creating or scoring a vital goal. That player is Hagi.

Maybe not a player of the year candidate but certainly a guy who has been crucial at certain times over the season. And one I look forward to seeing hopefully progress into a right top talent.

20 hours ago, Angus1965 said:

Id have McGregor , some of his saves to keep us in games have been outstanding , i dont think we would be top without him , Tav had a fantastic season , but i thought he fell away after Christmas , Davis and Goldson have also been brilliant . 

Same for me, shagger has been pretty underused at times, but when we have needed him he has saved us time and again

Recent games, united at home, hamilton away, st johnstone at home, all games we could have lost or drew had he not produced magnificent performances,

On 22/02/2021 at 14:29, TEFTONG said:

1. Tav

Joint 2nd Shagger and Goldson

With a special mention for Davis. 

Swap Goldson and Tav and l agree, you could put forward a case for about 5 or 6 players which just shows how much the team has grown this season.

Archived