George Square

BridgeIsBlue

Interesting to see how quick Nicola Sturgeon was to condemn our fans when she didn’t say a thing about all the mass gatherings that happened every weekend for about a month straight after George Floyd was killed last Summer.

People will say aye but one is about civil rights and one is just a bunch of football fans celebrating and that’s why one got a pass and the other didn’t but at the end of the day any mass gathering is irresponsible at the moment so if you condemn one of them, you should be condemning all of them.

The only reason she didn’t is because it’s easy to perceive Rangers supporters as bad guys because nobody will challenge it, whereas challenging this younger, more ‘woke’ generation for acting irresponsibly (which they did last Summer, regardless of how just their cause was) would just lead to them turning on her and making her the bad guy so it’s easier and in her interest to say nothing about, or to, them.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

I nearly bit, but stopped myself :lol:

Actually thought I'd posted just below another post with the UEFA tweet in it. Turns out I didn't. Fuck knows where that post is. Wasn't actually trying to catch any fishes, just trying to make a wee joke! :craphead:

Just now, Colin Traive said:

It will be very interesting to see if there is a huge spike in cases after this weekend.

And, if there isn’t one, what does that say about the snail’s pace at which we are easing restrictions?

To justify her master plan and retain her control, she actually needs a spike.

Of course, she could always tweak the numbers.

Oh God, what am I suggesting?

Shame on me.....

It will also be very interesting to see if they will bring things forward and allows fans into the hastily rearranged Scottish cup semis and final .

If they ain’t letting fans in for those games how can they show UEFA we are up to letting fans in for their games a few weeks later .

I doubt there will be any spike ,All the other protests that have went before haven’t contributed .Well unless Covid is a sectarian virus and only spreads among Bears .

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting to see how quick Nicola Sturgeon was to condemn our fans when she didn’t say a thing about all the mass gatherings that happened every weekend for about a month straight after George Floyd was killed last Summer.

People will say aye but one is about civil rights and one is just a bunch of football fans celebrating and that’s why one got a pass and the other didn’t but at the end of the day any mass gathering is irresponsible at the moment so if you condemn one of them, you should be condemning all of them.

The only reason she didn’t is because it’s easy to perceive Rangers supporters as bad guys because nobody will challenge it, whereas challenging this younger, more ‘woke’ generation for acting irresponsibly (which they did last Summer, regardless of how just their cause was) would just lead to them turning on her and making her the bad guy so it’s easier and in her interest to say nothing about, or to, them.

Politicising Covid ,our glorious leader ,Never .

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

It’s been shown that most cases of Covid are contracted by indoor contact, there can can be a risk being outside but it’s not the same risk.

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It’s been shown that most cases of Covid are contracted by indoor contact, there can can be a risk being outside but it’s not the same risk.

Have any of the outside mass gatherings actually led to any sort of proper spike in cases?

People thought it would happen when every cunt was turning up at seaside towns and it didn’t, people thought it would happen after the BLM protests and it didn’t, people thought it would happen when Liverpool fans gathered after they won the league and, as far as I’m aware, it didn’t and I bet it won’t happen in the wake of these gatherings either.

What I suspect will happen is it will start spreading through the schools again (like it did the last time) and we will get the blame for it.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Have any of the outside mass gatherings actually led to any sort of proper spike in cases?

People thought it would happen when every cunt was turning up at seaside towns and it didn’t, people thought it would happen after the BLM protests and it didn’t, people thought it would happen when Liverpool fans gathered after they won the league and, as far as I’m aware, it didn’t and I bet it won’t happen in the wake of these gatherings either.

What I suspect will happen is it will start spreading through the schools again (like it did the last time) and we will get the blame for it.

The virus can tell when gatherings are for the right causes and stops transmitting mate. Surely you know this by now?

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

It will be very interesting to see if there is a huge spike in cases after this weekend.

And, if there isn’t one, what does that say about the snail’s pace at which we are easing restrictions?

To justify her master plan and retain her control, she actually needs a spike.

Of course, she could always tweak the numbers.

Oh God, what am I suggesting?

Shame on me.....

To spike the figures the shipman sisters could stick us all in care homes,there must be plenty of vacancies.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Couldnt care two fucks about BLM , the fenians ran amok in the city twice attacking their own team and police and that wee rat bastard said and did fuck all about it , just like most of the media who are all greetin about us now.........

38 minutes ago, tm91 said:

The fact is that attacking Rangers fans is scoring easy political points for Sturgeon. She assumes most of us probably don't vote for her, and she'll know plenty of SNP supporters hate Rangers because of the Unionist connection. Fuck her. 

Couldn't resist a quick look at what the scum were saying last night ..  

a lot of the deluded twats have decided not to vote for the natz in May because krankie dared congratulate Rangers !!

6 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Couldn't resist a quick look at what the scum were saying last night ..  

a lot of the deluded twats have decided not to vote for the natz in May because krankie dared congratulate Rangers !!

Win win

47 minutes ago, tm91 said:

The same people complaining would be out there celebrating or actively looking the other way if another team had been successful this year.

Whether its civil rights or football, people will want to congregate and share a sense of solidarity about things that are important to them. We've waited a decade for this. We'll remember it forever. And we've spent the past year inside. People needed to release emotion and shouldn't be blamed.

The fact is that attacking Rangers fans is scoring easy political points for Sturgeon. She assumes most of us probably don't vote for her, and she'll know plenty of SNP supporters hate Rangers because of the Unionist connection. Fuck her. 

As an aside, I thought her tweets yesterday were awful. Not even a congratulation for the club in her constituency winning the league, and then talking about how if fans 'cared' about the country or other people at all they'd go home, complete with tagging Rangers as if it's the club's responsibility to do it. She aspires to be the leader of a free nation and still won't even talk directly to a large group of people or take leadership of the situation, preferring instead to tweet to make it look as if she's doing something.

As a fanbase we should just collectively say we don't recall ever being there. It's not in our recollection. We don't remember. We might have been there but we don't know.

Absolutely. As would we be if it was the other way around too 👍

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

The same people complaining would be out there celebrating or actively looking the other way if another team had been successful this year.

Whether its civil rights or football, people will want to congregate and share a sense of solidarity about things that are important to them. We've waited a decade for this. We'll remember it forever. And we've spent the past year inside. People needed to release emotion and shouldn't be blamed.

As an aside, I thought her tweets yesterday were awful. Not even a congratulation for the club in her constituency winning the league, and then talking about how if fans 'cared' about the country or other people at all they'd go home, complete with tagging Rangers as if it's the club's responsibility to do it. She aspires to be the leader of a free nation and still won't even talk directly to a large group of people or take leadership of the situation, preferring instead to tweet to make it look as if she's doing something.

As a fanbase we should just collectively say we don't recall ever being there. It's not in our recollection. We don't remember. We might have been there but we don't know.

She blocked me, a constituent of hers, on Twitter because I asked whether she felt any guilt for the falling education and health standards that will make the entire country poorer over the coming decades. I get that it's not even her, it's her PR team, but what a fucking nonsense that is. A totally legitimate question that she, as head of the nation, has ultimate responsibility to answer.

Scum.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe pick up the phone to Rangers, instead of tweeting about it. 

The couple of staff that were at Ibrox did put out a tannoy announcement hour or so before she tweeted this saying to leave. Police then decided to herd everyone up and march them down to George Square :lol:

Playing political games again is the nazi bitch.

Archived