George Square

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

I don't know if already been said, but I hope the fan groups could come together and cover the cost of the damaged benches, they have personal meaning to some people.

Overall it was a brilliant day and there's unfortunately always going to be a small minority have to bring mindless destruction....and in some cases wanking.

Can't remember who collected the money for the fly over but I know they gave £30,000 to Erskine, which was brilliant, perhaps they could pay for the damaged benches from some of money that's left over - just a thought 

Couldn’t give a fuck. SNP are known to try and drum up sectarian hatred towards us. Basically allowing the whole country to blame Rangers fans for their failings in getting us out of lockdown and when Uefa pull the plug on the Euros. The attacks on our support and club is nothing short of a joke and fair play to Rangers for releasing a video this morning pointing out how many times Gerrard said safe and distancing. 

People will do what they want. Just like BLM, cellic, St Johnstone, independence rallies

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Can't remember who collected the money for the fly over but I know they gave £30,000 to Erskine, which was brilliant, perhaps they could pay for the damaged benches from some of money that's left over - just a thought 

Good shout, presumably people have spent good money to commemorate their loved ones. 

We should make it right, if not via method above then via some other crowd funding mechanism

2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Good shout, presumably people have spent good money to commemorate their loved ones. 

We should make it right, if not via method above then via some other crowd funding mechanism

I’m sure Gordon Gentle has a bench at George Sq iirc. 

I’d contribute. But just for clarity I was in the house incapable of walking due to the volume of Jack Daniels consumed. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

Thanks for posting, but I am having difficulty really understanding what that all means ??

🤔

The club are saying they have publicly encouraged fans not to congregate, well in advance of the previous two days. Simply issuing a veiled "fuck off" to the Scottish Government there tbh

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Thanks for posting, but I am having difficulty really understanding what that all means ??

🤔

Swinney claiming we didn't try and discourage fans from gathering , would imagine that's why the video is tagged with the statement.

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The club are saying they have publicly encouraged fans not to congregate, well in advance of the previous two days. Simply issuing a veiled "fuck off" to the Scottish Government there tbh

You have probably got that right, it was the part about discussing it with all these people but no indication of what they said back.

It will be over in a few days time, we just need to take the critism and then move on.

I would also contribute to the repair or replacement of any benches that cannot be left as it is. 👍

Archived