Patience with Managers

McEwan's Lager

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this site is anything to go by it's going to be a right rammy at the George square 'celebrations' cunts wanting to chib each other over how much patience we should have over managers, another cunt getting chased about with a machete for wanting GVB appointed last season.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Most give a fuck TBF, it shows we have learned, adapted and improved... that's a good thing to think aye rather than thinking what if? 

How much have we learned, adapted is the thing though, we are playing with no pressure of anyone breathing down our necks, the argument could be theres been no real title challenge from them since late october, 

Could this squad cope with a tarrier team say only 8 points behind with 2 OF games to go etc, we wont know till they sack lennon, 

Its a complete opposite from last season, we'd fuck up before they even played meaning they had no pressure, now this season they have imploded big time and the pressure is off us

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Hmm ish, I don't think the board would have got away with sticking by Pedro for 4 years and still selling out the stadium TBH. 

Never said the board would. Just because we sell out season tickets doesn't mean that we are happy. There are other ways to let a board know you are unhappy without threatening the clubs future.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

We've won the title because how strong we have been, not because how bad they've been.

Getting over that hurdle of being able to win more than 6 matches in a row was massive, 15 league wins in a row was unbelievable.

The mentality from the start of the season has been ex exceptional.

I think the refusal to speak about the league only about 1 game, the discipline in the park, the refusing to give soundbites and noise to the msm, not publicly criticising refs, the humble / respectful comments towards opponents, the cessation of things like wild celebrations after beating them.... all part of the bigger picture of internal strength and focus.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I bumped my gums about it being about the rate of progress. A right few disagreements were had on here. Some for me were impatient as silverware hadn't been won, but I could see we were still progressing well enough imo. Our defensive record on the whole improved, we did well in Europe, we were developing well as a squad. Gerrard had 3 seasons to win the league, cups were never crucial, and I'm delighted he's not only closed the gap but overtaken them. Huge credit.

That in turn leads to questions on what's acceptable going forward. If I see us still progress and grow as a squad and club ie in the CL, then that would mitigate domestic cup losses. If we didn't win the league next season thats a failure and obvious decline. That'd be failure and whether he'd survive it would depend on how we'd progressed or not in other areas.

Would also depend on how the league was lost. Lost by 1 point on last day of the season is significantly different from losing it by 12 points with 4 games to play. I know the hurt would be the same but the confidence of reversing it the following season would be different. 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

If this site is anything to go by it's going to be a right rammy at the George square 'celebrations' cunts wanting to chib each other over how much patience we should have over managers, another cunt getting chased about with a machete for wanting GVB appointed last season.

Wouldn't want it any other way.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Im planning on finding @SeparateEntityMyArsein george Square and throwing a shark at him, 

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They have dropped 16 more points compared to this time last season, they have defo nuked it

But that's been enough to win them.nearly all their last 9 titles.

We've been exceptional, even when our performance dipped we ground it out. It was a huge complaint especially on here "we never win when we aren't playing well"

We've broken their hearts. Rangers done this to them.

We deserve all the plaudits 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How much have we learned, adapted is the thing though, we are playing with no pressure of anyone breathing down our necks, the argument could be theres been no real title challenge from them since late october, 

Could this squad cope with a tarrier team say only 8 points behind with 2 OF games to go etc, we wont know till they sack lennon, 

Its a complete opposite from last season, we'd fuck up before they even played meaning they had no pressure, now this season they have imploded big time and the pressure is off us

Because of OUR work though it was close previously we haven't always been this clear WE  have done that..... we have just kept on putting pressure on celtic week, after week, after week, after week - we have a 6 point gap on them thanks to beating them twice.

What the fuck is wrong with you man. :alfie:

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Never said the board would. Just because we sell out season tickets doesn't mean that we are happy. There are other ways to let a board know you are unhappy without threatening the clubs future.

It fucking helps.... people do expect more of a return than simply existing as a club when they buy a season ticket.. 

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Fans have a big say on how long a manager gets to stay at the club and he was losing the backing of the support rapidly 

The comment on the Fowler podcast makes this an interesting discussion point because I wonder what assurances were given. I wonder, for example, if his contract included a huge penalty clause for the club to sack him prior to his contract expiring?

I suspect if we had continued the slide he may have walked.

Just now, 7PointsUntilRFC55 said:

But that's been enough to win them.nearly a their last 9 titles.

We've been exceptional, even when our performance dipped we ground it out. It was a huge complaint especially on here "we never win when we aren't playing well"

We've broken their hearts. Rangers done this to them.

We deserve all the plaudits 

Im not saying we dont deserve plaudits, going unbeaten in a league no matter if under pressure or not still deserved applause, 

Plus their points total isn't enough to win them their titles, they are on course to get 81 points going by ppg, thats only enough to win the first league that we were out of the top flight for

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So you say anyone that buys a season ticket always expect a return for it? 

100%, people are investing in the club in the expectancy and want for it to do better, to win rather than the sole existence of the club -  i.e if Pedro (or any other shit manager) had been given free reign to simply run us into a bag of shite getting dicked every week for 3 or 4 years, there is fucking no way the place is full every week and season tickets sell out. 

If you think people would be buying season tickets as the club simply sat 3rd or 4th in the league each year with minimal investment and return on season tickets you are a fucking mile removed from most Rangers supporters I know. 

7 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Would also depend on how the league was lost. Lost by 1 point on last day of the season is significantly different from losing it by 12 points with 4 games to play. I know the hurt would be the same but the confidence of reversing it the following season would be different. 

We weren't turning it around, we may or may not have cut the points gap. But there was enough in some games against them and moreso in Europe to suggest we had the nucleus of a good team if not squad. 

What was sorted in the summer would have needed and been sorted in the summer regardless if it was 1 point or 13 difference.

Primarily the reliance on Morelos needing and being addressed.

Archived