Going going gone

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Roberto Martinez??  FFS

as if he is giving up the gig of managing one of the best international sides in the world to go and manage that shitshow. Pretty sure he's had offers of bigger teams than them but hes stuck with Belgium.

AVB is out of work now but is he fuck going to go to them either. Judging from the debacle at Marseille, he doesn't strike me as the kind of manager that would tow a party line, and he would want to build his own team, and they'd need the funds to do that. Which they won't give him IMO. They will just get someone in that will give them some stability but who they can manipulate and control, who won't be outspoken IMO

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but I'm not having any of this bullshit that Lennon resigned voluntarily, especially when he publicly stated two days previous that he had no intention of quitting.
I think the non-Hollicom version of events would be more like this.
Lawwell: Neil, we would like you to leave your post immediately for the good of the club.

Lennon: Not a chance, Peter, I will stay until the end of my contract and be paid my full salary, or you can terminate my contract and pay me out in full.

Lawwell: We can't do that Neil as it will show the club in a bad light and it will not be in your best interest getting another position if we say you were sacked and you can't continue because we will be begging supporters to buy season tickets for next season and if you are still here by May no fan will buy season tickets, so if you officially say you have resigned we will pay you your full entitlement plus bonuses and  thank you for your amazing services to the club.
That sounds more to the truth for me.

3 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

Luke Shanley doing his best to blame covid. And Hartson should get his baws kicked coming out with this Irish catholic crap

Heard him on the football show this morning and thought sky would probably edit the Irish Catholic thing out but nope they’ve stuck with it as it’s just been re-run again in a highlighted version, Fuck could you imagine The Timplosion if Kris Boyd for example described Sir Walter as a true Rangers man being a Scottish Protestant Ffs, We’d never hear the end of it.

I don't think their fans have realised that they have a massive rebuilding job on their hands and will have to qualify for the champions league the harder way to access the amount of funding to do it to the levels they need.

They will have to sell their saleable assets this summer at lower prices than they would like with some of them entering the last year of their contract they will find that tough. They have also overloaded on expensive short term loan players. They have also announced large 6 month shortfalls in income and dwindling cash reserves (no longer cash rich), massive wage bill, ageing squad. 

They face another two seasons at least of a rebuild and they cannot or don't want to see it. Even their delusions as to who will come in and manage is laughable. They won't have huge amounts to spend this season. They will end up with Clarke i feel and he won't be able to handle it. He will have them set up harder to beat but it won't be attacking or attractive in the slightest. He is as mentally soft as lennon and will last a season if that. 

Archived