Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to him! He can certainly still continue playing and will do great where ever he goes, but we need to be looking to build for the future. He can leave with his head held high as

If he does leave he goes as having been a great ambassador for the club, the ultimate professional. 

He will leave a Champion. 

Posted Images

Class act, good goals to games ratio considering so many sub performances. However, his real worth to the club will only be known by those within the club - what he brought to the club as a player with so much experience, helping younger players and generally being a role model for all to look up to.

Amokachi likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Will he get a champions medal?  Probably been asked previously.  

Think he has made 10 appearances . What’s the threshold again for a medal ? Wrap it up early and he will make a few more appearances in the split I imagine 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best solution for all parties as he gets a decent wage and also has injury issues. Hopefully we can keep McGregor for another season.

If we can free up wages from Defoe, Jones, Barker, Stewart, Edmundson, Zungu, Bassey and Katic(loan) in the summer and get better replacements we will be in a very good position.

BlueAvenger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Think he has made 10 appearances . What’s the threshold again for a medal ? Wrap it up early and he will make a few more appearances in the split I imagine 

Not sure how many he’d need.  Hope he manages enough though.  Or just tell Barker he’s no getting wan!

cr3_bear likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Best solution for all parties as he gets a decent wage and also has injury issues. Hopefully we can keep McGregor for another season.

If we can free up wages from Defoe, Jones, Barker, Stewart, Edmundson, Zungu, Bassey and Katic(loan) in the summer and get better replacements we will be in a very good position.

I see you didn’t mention Jack there mate. I really worry about him. Keeping him fit is an issue. 

Lord Lockin likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he thought he'd come here and finish his career after 18 months - 2 years, try to get a few trophies and maybe start coaching then and he's thought he still has something to give on the park. No one can fault that. He would leave with everyone's respect and a very fitting man to wear a famous Rangers number.

Link to post
Share on other sites

some player, absolute gentleman and a true professional....it winds me up even more regarding our covid young team & zungu as a few of them wasted a european squad spot place in which somebody like defoe deserevd soooo much more. He derseved a european swan song, those ***** took life at Rangers for granted.

Got to admire the fact he wants to play on, loves the game, knows how lucky he is, another go in the MLS or Oz would be a nice end to a great career

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As daft as it sounds i think he came here, not only for a chance at a trophy or two, but to help gerrard keep a reign on morelos, aside from the odd bit of stupidity, morelos behaviour and game improved a lot when defoe was here

He maybe thought his time would be up but now feel he can go on another season or two, fair play to him and good luck to him, served us well when needed

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

As daft as it sounds i think he came here, not only for a chance at a trophy or two, but to help gerrard keep a reign on morelos, aside from the odd bit of stupidity, morelos behaviour and game improved a lot when defoe was here

He maybe thought his time would be up but now feel he can go on another season or two, fair play to him and good luck to him, served us well when needed

I said exactly the same to my son, bet Gerrard told Defoe to befriend the Buff ( no so much keep a reign ) and try and help him - you can see the difference in the Buff when he's getting replaced by Defoe :lol: no seriously I think he's really helped the Buff - think this has helped as well 

154585967_1258568227872554_5271987017645440948_n.jpg

NorthernLights likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I said exactly the same to my son, bet Gerrard told Defoe to befriend the Buff ( no so much keep a reign ) and try and help him - you can see the difference in the Buff when he's getting replaced by Defoe :lol: no seriously I think he's really helped the Buff - think this has helped as well 

154585967_1258568227872554_5271987017645440948_n.jpg

Defoe wouldn't have needed to be told, when at Sunderland he took their two young strikers on extra coaching sessions off his own back, utterly selfless as they were keeping him out the team.

When he does hang up his boots I'd imagine he wouldn't have to look far for a coaching role, such an intelligent player whose movement is superb and finishing skills top drawer added to which he's a total class act off the pitch as well, been a joy to see him play for Rangers and wish him all the best moving on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

As daft as it sounds i think he came here, not only for a chance at a trophy or two, but to help gerrard keep a reign on morelos, aside from the odd bit of stupidity, morelos behaviour and game improved a lot when defoe was here

Nah not having that at all, Morelos is little different now to what he was to when Defoe arrived in terms of how he acts on the park. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 April 2021 18:00 Until 20:00
      0  
      St. Johnstone v Rangers
      McDiarmid Park
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...