** Last 16 Europa League **

BlueVanguard

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

One of the sides I would rather have missed tbh. Its going to get harder now and I hope our defence is up for it. We will score goals against any of them but its the other side that could be the problem......

Think that's one of the benefits of being drawn away from home first. If we continue play as well going forward as we have done in Europe, then away goal(s) should put pressure on them to open up when they come to Ibrox - which also suits us.

Will be a tough tie though.

25 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Think that's one of the benefits of being drawn away from home first. If we continue play as well going forward as we have done in Europe, then away goal(s) should put pressure on them to open up when they come to Ibrox - which also suits us.

Will be a tough tie though.

My thoughts as well. I wanted to be drawn as second team in a tie. Once Slavia were drawn I was then in 2 minds, get drawn and have away tie first or stay in that to meet Granada or Molde with a 50/50 chance of away tie first. Opted for the latter but it wasnt to be. That said not the worst draw and we can certainly compete with them. 

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

Had a look on Skybet and there are no prices for the next round ties yet but we are 16/1 to win the cup and Slavia Praha are 66/1. 

Not sure about that, TBH. 

I might be miles off it but I honestly think it’s a 50/50 tie between us and could be 2 draws and away goals could be vital. 

In all honesty this is a free hit, there is absolutely no way we (or the taigs for that matter) should be in the last 16 of a European competition with the way things are money wise these days.

There's a few teams there this year due to luck more than anything, Granada, Molde & Young Boys all fluked results last night & could've easily went out.

However in general, the teams that are left have ridiculous budgets & we're punching well above our weight getting this far....testament to how well we & Gerrard have done in Europe to get here twice in 2 years.

1 hour ago, MattyBlue said:

celtic drop points tomorrow we win Wednesday

win the league against St mirren next weekend get that done and dusted 

Beat prague away, a whole week to prep for the home game do them at home

Pump celtic

Draw Molde in the quarters pump them home and away

Draw Villarreal in the semi pump them home and away

skud arsenal in the final and party in Gdańsk

coronavirus ENDS!!

Jobs a fucking goodun

Fixed that for you bud 🤞

48 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

In all honesty this is a free hit, there is absolutely no way we (or the taigs for that matter) should be in the last 16 of a European competition with the way things are money wise these days.

There's a few teams there this year due to luck more than anything, Granada, Molde & Young Boys all fluked results last night & could've easily went out.

However in general, the teams that are left have ridiculous budgets & we're punching well above our weight getting this far....testament to how well we & Gerrard have done in Europe to get here twice in 2 years.

I would agree if it was CL but I think last 16 should always be the minimum expectation in the Europa for a club like us, however it is amazing how far we have come in such a short space of time. 

Don't think any the teams you mentioned actually fluked there games as it's quite hard to do in a 2 legged affair, they all actually won quite convincingly in the end up. 

5 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I would agree if it was CL but I think last 16 should always be the minimum expectation in the Europa for a club like us, however it is amazing how far we have come in such a short space of time. 

Don't think any the teams you mentioned actually fluked there games as it's quite hard to do in a 2 legged affair, they all actually won quite convincingly in the end up. 

Last 16 should always be the minimum? 

seriously? 

Look. I know we have a lot of fans but we are playing football in a backwater. We are absolutely miles behind most leagues in terms of financial clout. We are playing and beating teams that are outspending us to a ridiculous degree. 

Rangers is one of the biggest clubs in the world but our domestic game is utter bollocks and the fact we have got to the last 16 in the last two years is bordering on the miraculous 

Just now, Bakbear said:

Last 16 should always be the minimum? 

seriously? 

Look. I know we have a lot of fans but we are playing football in a backwater. We are absolutely miles behind most leagues in terms of financial clout. We are playing and beating teams that are outspending us to a ridiculous degree. 

Rangers is one of the biggest clubs in the world but our domestic game is utter bollocks and the fact we have got to the last 16 in the last two years is bordering on the miraculous 

Yes we may be miles behind financially as a league and our domestic game is pish always has been but it hasn't stopped us going on good European runs, I think last 16 in the Europa league especially now we are back to where we are is a very realistic objective. 

We are one of the biggest clubs in the world and good runs in Europe only help that. 

2 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Is this no the team that scudded 4 by the mhanks?

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Is this no the team that scudded 4 by the mhanks? Just getting it out of the way for you mate. Your Welcome. 😉

2 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Is this not the team that scudded 4 by the manks

image.gif.805bc374795c9734d72b4e0512bd8f5b.gif

Archived